Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I wish you'd get a call from reality :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

the only reason I'm short of breath is because trump just condemned my parents to death and possibly me, too, and holy gently caress I want to force him to watch these videos in 6 weeks when we're burning bodies and his whole staff is dead or dying.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

I will accept my choice of "fleeing to the Adirondack territory" then

Yeah I'm traveling from columbia right up after you. gently caress this place.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I wasn't expecting stray animal culls, but I guess that's the direction we're headed

I locked up my barn cat because of this and no one is allowed at the farm until this poo poo calms down. Everyone around me knows all the farm critters pretty good and I don't think they'd take a shot at anyone, but better safe than sorry.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If you're worried about running out of eggs, coturnix quail eggs are readily available for shipment on ebay (I'm not selling but lots of people are). A cheap incubator doesn't cost much and you can keep them in a quail tractor ( https://redforkhippie.wordpress.com/2014/05/03/eco-saturday-quail-tractor/ super easy to make) once fully grown in all of 6 weeks. They start laying eggs about then, too. A few bags of feed will last you most of a year in a flock of 10 or so. And you'd get 3-4 chicken eggs equivalent from them every day until fall starts to come on (and they keep laying with supplemental lighting). They're legal basically everywhere. If you don't have a yard you can keep 4 little hens in one of those plastic-bottomed rabbit cages you get from petsmart. And if you want meat, they're butcher-ready in 8 weeks.

Rabbits are easy to keep anywhere, too. Babies are usually ready for butchering around 12 weeks and a doe rabbit can have 4 litters a year.

Quail poop makes awesome fertilizer, once aged a little bit. Same with rabbits, though it can be used directly from the litter pan. So there's free fertilizer for your garden, too.

(since we're talking about food and stuff, this is all stuff that you can get right now even if you're in an apartment and use, so long as animals are permitted)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm a fat asthmatic with MS and I don't have any food delivery whatsoever other than what's on Amazon.

Seeing people post about all the grocery delivery services and food delivery services is really neat because I have no access to any of these and don't even know most exist because I don't have tv, either. :3:

facetoucher cat posted:

And I'm totally likely going to lose my job and I'm terrified

whatcha do?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yall postin a few pages back are awesome but I live in the middle of nowhere. Which is good, because my entire county has all of 1 case so far. I also have N95 masks and plenty of gloves and, having helped out loading and unloading pallets in the tsunami in 2011, I'm aware of what I need to do. I'm just kinda mystified by the fact that widespread delivery has gotten so widespread in the 5 years I've been living in the sticks. Kind of a whole slice of life thing, I guess?

Radirot posted:

if the masks are as good as the test kits... whatever.

I appreciate the effort they're putting out but yeah, I hope they're taking the time to test batches after the faulty tests.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

euphronius posted:

lamo at the casual racism

he’s a conservative so whatever

I mean, the data is pretty questionable based on what the rest of the world is seeing in terms of mortality. But maybe they just got way more lucky? Who knows. You work with the numbers you have. Given that friends who are medical staff on the military base near me flat out have told me that they have been told by GA department of health to not test more than they have to, we sure as hell are suppressing numbers. They have tons of kits.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

genuine Q: do you think it is likely that the longer this goes on, the more chance there is some 5 star generals decide to step in and remove his admin? i mean once the US military starts getting hit with big numbers surely the calculations change then...

not even a little bit. the base my husband is at is steadily getting more and more infected and the military has no loving idea what to do.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Death is going to turn from looming in the distance to something that is ever-present and personal for every single person alive.

I've owned quail before.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I don't know anything about animal crossing. does tom nook have kids? does tom nook gently caress?

E: I'm too poor to own animal crossing because my farm is already animal crossing

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Norton posted:

Since we can't seem to stop spewing corona out of our mouths and infecting each other, why can't you just test people's breath or saliva or something? What is special inside your nose that we have to go probing deep to find? sorry for not knowing literally anything about health topics

you gotta get enough on the swab that's not contaminated by anyone else or anything else. So just cram that fucker all the way into your brainstem

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Starks posted:

hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

yeah just don't literally inhale the food or jam it up your nose.

gently caress you you don't tell me what to do with my tuesday night.

for real though the great takeout twitter thing is really worrisome to me because a lot of people are going to not take proper precautions and will just go get stuff and shove chips in their mouth on the way home. not that I know from personal experience three weeks ago or anything.