Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

anyways yall know whats a pretty good movie? contagion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYSyuuLk5g

everyone should get really high and watch this, it'll calm us all down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Uranium Phoenix posted:

yes.

and it turns out that the only cure is the post completely unsubstantiated horseshit from twitter as fast as possible. every tweet from every rando posting about the sky falling or human civilization ending is 100% true.

godspeed, and may our posts carry us through these trying times

it's almost kind of impressive at how quickly we turn to panic

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

succ posted:

They have lost control. This will make SARS look like the flu.

Get masks ASAP.

Why? either nothing happens or this really is the apocalypse in which case it's probably better to die in the initial wave anyway

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ill Peripheral posted:

I trust that this will be an apocalyptic pandemic based on CSPAM's record of being right on Hillary 2016, Elob Musk, the economy, war in Iran, Catalan Independence, war b/w India and Pakistan and idk like anything else

War with north Korea.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

lol jesus imagine if a disease like this had a 50% K/d

imagine a 100% k/d

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

lol jesus imagine if a disease like this had a 50% K/d

imagine a 100% k/d

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

imagine a...ahh nevermind

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bullfrog posted:

this whole disease made me crave chinese food so i ordered some

daaaamn good call. gently caress wish i could as well

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

Nah SA posters will be fine, the elderly tho

lol

I have a weakened immune system and i spent 3 hours at a hospital last week so i'm a goner, go on without me

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

remember when the avian flu thing happened and people were talking about reeactiving the beltways cold war AA defenses to shoot down birds carrying the flu

at the current rate of panic give it a couple more days and i'm sure someone will have come up with something even more ridiculous

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

freckle posted:

im coughing right now, think i might be gettin a fever too.

i didn't want to say anything but i think i actually am getting sick for real

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Unless it escaped before they were finished designing it :tinfoil:

how would it escape

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

twoday posted:

When there is a flu outbreak, what percentage of people actually end up going to a doctor/hospital versus the number of people who stick it out at home?

stay at home. if you didn't have the virus before the visit then you certainly will afterwards

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

you're really asking me how a virus that's asymptomatic for 14 days, infectious while incubating, and survives for 24 hours on objects, how something like that could accidentally get out into the wild?

as a bioweapon yeah. presumably it would've been created in some top secret and secure lab, i'm just curious as to how it escapes from said lab

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

has anyone started stockpiling food and water?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Failson posted:

The :matters: field will kick in any minute now, and we will never hear of this again.

Exactly. People always forget that it also stops bad things from happening

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

vyelkin posted:

looks like 14 days is the top range for incubation, not the norm

everything has said 'up to 14 days' or '1-14 days' but people just saw the 14 and freaked out

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wow looks really grim, we really are all going to die

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RajCooper posted:

european countires are emergency evacuating citizens from china, definitely wont help the spread or anything

don't they just quarantine them for a couple of weeks?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

remember when everyone was running around scared saying this was going to kill us all?

i hope you learned something from this experience

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What. Did it get cured overnight

no but we've moved on to the 'spreading' phase so good progress is being made!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

would be funny if it did

like it actually got to him

trump getting taken out by a chinese bio weapon would make for a pretty good series finale

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

they're going to spread it EVERYWHERE

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I like how you could post any tweet in here and people would just instantly believe it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

exactly!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

*people collapsing everywhere from a virus* hey nice day for a stroll or bus ride

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This is why we are beyond doomed when an actual movie virus hits us

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

you can also faint after a blood test. probably a lot of those going on at the moment

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

also we should probably find a better balance between 'solved in 5 days' and 'the apocalypse'

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

like god drat, lmao, half the threads are "WOW HAHA YES, IT'S IN A MAJOR TRANSPORT AREA, I LOVE PEOPLE GETTING HURT" (someone else will post that report was made up like with the Las Vegas scare but everyone will ignore it), motherfuckers were in here going "THE INSCRUTABLE ORIENTALS HAVE RELEASED A *BIO-WEAPON* TO REDUCE THE SURPLUS POPULATION" and didn't get probed

this poo poo's basically indistinguishable from those loving Reddit subs where you watch people die but oh well! good to know so many of my fellow leftists here are absolutely loving insane sociopaths and that basically nothing matters, lmao
If it helps this thread lost its rational pretty early on and a lot of the really bad stuff appears to just be random tweets that someone found god knows where

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Yes let's not get people panicked or worried.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

i can hope corona wipes out the british because i am one. you cannot stop me hoping for that.

Don't be greedy, you already have brexit drama going on

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TheDon01 posted:

State of the union is on tuesday :chaostrump:

holy poo poo i forgot about that

awesome

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

BoldFace posted:

Don't spoil the ending, I want to experience it myself.

it's not that good

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Outbreak is way better

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

other virus outbreak films? Doomsday has a wall with sentry guns and it's called the reaper virus so you know its serious right away. Outbreak has a helicopter fight

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

actually watch the 100.

it’s really good

oh yeah just push past the first couple of episodes. i think everyone was surprised with how that show turned out although i havent seen the latest seasons

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

send the least liked family member out into the wasteland, past all the collapsed people, to get some bread

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

those graphs would probably be more concerning if SARS had killed more than 800 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

vending machine related accident killed more than Sars lol

do you think maybe that's why those people were collapsing and dying in the street earlier? vending machines?