Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
the casual anti-sinoism in the media about this is pretty incredible

Where is R. Guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
also some fish live in trees

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

my mother called me when i was eating the buffet and we talked about things including the wuhan fish flu. she had just rewatched contagion the other day

umm

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1220920013273608192
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1220923649366118400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4kLQ-WPKQ

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
casual racism in cspammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm alert

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
i'm watching outbreak starring dustin hoffman

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

SorePotato posted:

reports coming in that the virus can spread through "electronic posts" on the internet

i didn't know there was transmission by fecal matter

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
People are saying this is as bad as a seasonal flu but would anyone roll a d50 to see if they live or die

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is this actually any worse than just regular old flu?

2% of the time, you die every single time. so yes I would call it serious

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
my cousin was in direct physical contact for an entire week with the first and only case in ireland :cripes:

can i get the tag?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
as temperatures rise in the northern hemisphere is the virus going to start dying off naturally?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
developed a bit of a cough and was feeling tired today :ohdear:

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

isn't it loving awesome how the big money got behind silicon valley and waged an all-out war to completely and utterly destroy labor rights in america

service guarantees citizenship labour rights!!!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Sphyre posted:

what movie would that be friend

I, too, wish to know the name of the man movie

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bro Dad posted:

Florida Update: the golf course near me is the busiest I've ever seen it

start digging it up to plant your turnips

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Corona Causes Sterility

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm a bankrupt attourney, is that close enough?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/VolatilityQ/status/1242433035397738497

hopefully europe and the us will become more like asia after this. i think more people will start wearing masks regularly (when sick)

masks do literally nothing unless you are already sick. just another reason to put your filthy fingers on your face

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dreylad posted:

my favourite bit was before things got real and people were reposting poo poo like:

Heavily Modified "Chimera" strain

My favourite bit is imagining, in hindsight, that the uk government gave this much of a poo poo about the epidemic before a couple of weeks ago

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jon Joe posted:

We get a tax credit so it’ll be issued by the IRS in the form you received your last tax return.

You have to be joking...

there will be riots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

The Grimace posted:

Still working at the grocery. Things seem to be slowing down very slightly- we still have tons of orders and online orders each day, but overall they seem smaller. People here are getting by, despite the limits placed on things like bread and eggs. Every so often we'll get someone skirting the system and buying over the limit, but I just look the other way and keep going because my job's stressful enough without people screaming about how they need all this milk or their family will starve.

The nights have been exhausting too. We run out of pasta, tortillas, and staples like bread, eggs, and milk pretty fast, but certain other products are sent in bulk. We receive so much bulk that the warehouse is filled with all of this extra food people aren't as interested in like tuna and snacks, so it causes more problems when the trucks come with the goods people actually want. When we don't get new loads in, I'm stuck in a loop trying to see what could be moved onto the shelf. I unintentionally waste time because I'm still not used to the song and dance of this stocking position, nor the urgency caused by the pandemic.

It's way easier when I'm on cashier duty. People really need the smiles and upbeat attitudes right now. Unfortunately this means I'm far more at risk throughout the day when constantly talking with guests and exchanging money, but I don't have a way around it. Someone's gotta sell food. I heard we may be getting plexiglass installed around the registers a week ago, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt because I don't see my company bothering. Instead, I'm just liberally using hand soap and hand sanitizer all the time.

I get home absolutely exhausted each night, whether I'm managing or cashiering. Next week I'm gonna be working far more often, too. I'm panicking over this. I'm having a hard enough time keeping myself grounded as is, without having yet more responsibility placed on my shoulders. I want to have proper time to decompress with this happening and I'm certain I won't receive it in the coming week.

There's the observation of a humble grocery store clerk.

Thank you for your service. :patriot: