Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
sound on

https://i.imgur.com/HTHB6fd.mp4

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Oklahoma's quarantine restrictions exclude golf courses/country clubs and all business related to real estate, both of which are 'essential'

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
It feels like there's a huge disconnect between the data and what I'm actually experiencing in day-to-day life, and it's loving with my head a bit.

I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and practically everything is normal. Most businesses are open, traffic is the same as always, there's tons of people out on the streets, the majority of my neighbors are at work. The construction site next door is as busy as it's ever been. Even the extremely lax rules the city has put in place aren't really being enforced; there were definitely more than ten customers in the convenience store when I gassed up my car this morning. I have been staying at home out of caution because I was feeling a bit sick last week, and I'm the only employee at my entire company doing so; some guys are on reduced hours, but that's about it. It's uncomfortable, like I'm the weird one for taking this poo poo seriously.

Statistically I know we haven't even hit peak yet and this is going to get much worse but it's screwing with me that not a soul seems to be acting as if that were the case.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_OkCsexjw