Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

I teach in China and my school texted everyone today saying the next semester is getting pushed back a week. my amount of paid vacation just increased from 3 weeks to 4, for an increase of infinity% since I moved from america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

My work in China keeps getting pushed back. I figure that it it's in random villages in Italy it's probably everywhere at this point, I could go back to NYC but I don't really want to ride this out in a city of 8 million that has no ability to grow its own food

though I'm not sure if Phuket is a significantly better option

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

thinking about what happens if this turns out to have like a 70% mortality rate among obese people and trying to stifle coughs and lmaos, also thinking about how happy I am to have a bum gun

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

I recently read Journal of the Plague Year and it's wild how similar things were in China, not just with people getting barricaded in their houses, but with blowing themselves up trying to disinfect with flammable chemicals and small towns closing themselves off. Also there's a part where it talks about people assuming their areas are safe, like "oh the Plague is in Aldergate at the other end of town but it's not in Cripplegate" similar to how less bean-focused individuals could think that the virus is in a small city in northern Italy but not NYC or LA

We all want to be the veteran from the Dutch war but in reality we're probably the guys in the pub

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

the last three days coming to the realization that the virus has been spreading in america for the last month and the us has no way of dealing with the upcoming breakdown owns. my tier 3 chinese city is literally safer and better prepared than nyc at this point lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

when will there be a predictit market for this

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Doc Walrus posted:

Pence is gonna be a coronavirus sommelier by the end of this lol

it's a race to see if pence can infect trump before trump fires him for the botched response

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

I really hope this 4 chili peppers a day regimen works because I just shared food with some guys who went through the Manila airport lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Reading this thread I feel very vindicated in my decisions to stay out of developed countries, to never eat beans, and to never wipe my rear end

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

the incredibly unhealthy us population is going to face not only comorbities but hospitals running out of space. i'm in a big number mood

fake edit: and it owns

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Do I stay chilling in Phuket or do I return to NYC, a city of 8 million people with no way to grow its own food, facing an imminent collapse?

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

CODChimera posted:

oh god oh god i gotta get back to america right away

imagine thinking that

I feel stupid to leave Phuket but my dad won't abandon his patients in NYC. Can't risk him getting sick amidst an across-the-board quarantine policy for overseas arrivals.

The death toll in America is going to dwarf the rest of the world, when all this is done. We have a profoundly unhealthy older populace, a dysfunctional health system, and an economy that forbids stopping work. Do you envision Trumo putting a moratorium on student debt payments?

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

In mid-December I did a photoshoot with a woman in Hangzhou, in which Journal of the Plague Year featured prominently. Maybe I should do the Communist Manifesto next

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

flying phuket to boston with a 3 hour layover in dubai on sunday. the schlemiel is the one who gets coronavirus on the plane, the schlimazel is the one who spreads it

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

he'll restrict travel if "somebody gets out of control" lmao why am i going back

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

How? If its at this point in Ohio, wouldn't it be in comparable numbers in every major city? We'd have around a million carriers at this point.

Even if this seems unimaginable now, it will be reality 2 weeks from now lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

I can't wait to get on an international flight Sunday

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Welp my parents have flu like symptoms so I'll get it too, which means I can post through it, which is what matters

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Ok so hypothetically if you were caring for 2 people with coronavirus with no hospital access, what (medical) supplies and equipment would you want?

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Like should I buy albuterol and a nebulizer or IV equipment or what

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

nebulizer would be used to administer albuterol.

What would you start IV?

I have no idea aside from fluids. What do you give for pneumonia

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

My parents have flu like symptoms, eagerly awaiting being like scarlett o'hara in the Gettysburg scene in a Walmart parking lot

On the other hand I know exactly when I'll be exposed, so time to be my own guinea pig regarding some of these herbal remedies

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Also who needs bum guns I have bum guns out the rear end

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

can't fault the people for going out, who knows when bars will reopen

speaking of bars good luck to everyone who's on benzos

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

I love taking international flights with a connection in a nice big hub

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

day 2 of staying with my parents, both of whom have corona. ate so much thai herbal medicine my piss is green. bean supplies low

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Corona update I gave my dad a chili green tea pill and it hosed him up worse than the virus

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

I'm watching all this with the knowledge that Trump is getting reelected barring a medical event. Didn't GWB's ratings spike after 9/11, a crisis that happened because of him? Second as farce, we live in a society

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

How long until I stop shedding the virus? I need to get back to Mainland China but I don't want to infect everyone on the plane. Still asymptomatic, still taking care of two boomers with corona, still waiting for my trumpbux

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

i better have been exposed to the coronavirus and not the regular flu because gently caress staying inside for 6 months getting mad about the DNC lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

1500 pages, we've come a long way since calling it the fish flu. I'd say 加油 but it's not like Americans need any encouragement to add oil

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

my ailing boomers are desperate enough to eat my cooking

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

I started adding a back bridge progression to my full body route and it was loving amazing (and humbling and difficult as gently caress).

take it easy with these; i royally hosed up my back after doing too many

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

I should be showing symptoms tomorrow unless these Thai herbals actually do something

e: i wonder if America will be balkanized by the time I recover, inshallah

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

I've been in close proximity to 2 patients with COVID-19 since the afternoon of the 15th, with no PPE. Am I currently in the incubation period? Am I contagious yet? Or is the incubation period different from the asymptomatic period?

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Turdfuzz posted:

accept that the virus will take you

take deez nuts

oh poo poo wait not like that

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

i can't tell what's covid and what's a cat allergy

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol @ low-tier posters trickling into CSPAM for the doomsday threads

death follows us

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

americans are going to be banned from international travel if this keeps up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Hilario Baldness posted:

It's honestly not the dumbest idea to have a segregated area for suspected COVID to keep it physically outside of the body of your hospital

ideally you do it before a third of your healthcare staff gets infected though