Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

I don’t understand the bean joke in terms of its origin but this thread seems like it’s become a really bad chat thread intermixed with people having depressive episodes and I’m not sure why it should continue to exist as it is.

This is a good and chill thread that's also informative. The other options are the dry dnd thread and the garbage gbs thread and you can't in good concience tell people to read gbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

I think that making jokes about beans is a much healthier way for people to vent their fears and feelings about this situation than freaking about bio weapon conspiracy theories, and even helps to boost the morale of posters a bit, because it is so light-hearted and silly.

Agreed. Also i like beans and was inspired to make beans today, 15 bean soup, with smoked ham hocks in a slow cooker. gonna throw some olive oil and a parmesan rind in there later

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lawman 0 posted:

Goth techno ravers will inherit the earth

We're prepared...are you?!

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

So wait are you guys assuming that civil society is about to break down? I had relatives alive until fairly recently that lived through Spanish Flu, you're still going to be able to purchase staples you idiots

literally why would you want to purchase staples? working from home means doing things online, not printing and stapling documents together and mailing them in

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"the possibility that the virus may be present in the U.S." lmao yeah that may be a possibility

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

This is all gods plan

wow Coronachan people are really taking it seriously i guess

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Feldegast42 posted:

Forty thousand men and women every day

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
baby can you dig your -chan

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dog Toothbrush posted:

the stock market just had its worst day in american history, i would recommend stocking up on your groceries today and not trying to wait until saturday

i am full of beans and now i hear this? wow, what a great day i'm having!

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
life spans are at a historic high, so really losing boomers and older is just a correction

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i am fully prepared to be a dumb rando that dies while trying to get high like in that one chapter.

no great loss.jpg

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
highly recomend listening to this while the economy craters and thousands of horrible boomers shuffle around spreading corona from one end of this country to another in a montage of reckoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDVaKRApcg

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

wow now what the gently caress am i gonna do with all these cotton balls and five gallon jugs of violet oil

how much you want for 'em?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

you, a fool: listen to doctors and health experts, only read peer-reviewed journals

me, a genius: defeat this lung disease by smoking so much it suppresses your immune system. also take medical advice from 17th century doctors and drink a lot and steal stuff

Oh i'm sorry, did you have records of people in the 17th century dying from coronavirus? What's that, there are none? Huh.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
no please no one start smoking.

i already smoke though so loving r.i.p. me (but not from coronavirus) (probably)

but it is annoying and expensive so for real don't

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

what

about

vaping

the recent antivaping stuff is propaganda from cigarette companies imo. the one legit scare was from black market thc cartridges that were tainted with vitamin e oil.

i'm sure vaping isn't great but there's no way it's not 100% better than smoking.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
imagining captain picard saying "Long ago, we learned to live with Corona-chan, not to fight against her. And we have existed in harmony ever since."

then some raggedy forehead alien saying "That may be, captain [sarcasticly]. But out here we don't have the luxury of just replicating our vapejuice."

Feldegast42 posted:

Ladies, I'm available if you need me :pervert:

i would rather experience every single second of my lungs dying in agony.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Coronavirus: fufufufu

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kibbles n Shits posted:

The thing with the plane and the water is totally normal and has nothing to do with coronavirus tho?

yeah, at this point i'm sure there's video out there of some guy in china washing his car labeled "INSANE video shows CHINA desperate to decontaminate everything"

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

https://equusmagazine.com/diseases/coronavirus-emerging-threat-28983

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

amaru_chulla posted:

This is from the NYC subreddit, posted about 40 minutes ago:

quote:

This isn't your COVID-19 story, this is your "I got sick like a majority do when traveling and precautions were taken" story.

check out this amazing man who can diagnose people online

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i was just thinking that it would be funny if the rumor started that coronavirus made men permanently sterile. like there's no way to disprove that lol. i mean, it easily could be disproven in a lab, but good luck disproving it on social media.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Alpha Centauri posted:

just think of what chuds will do when they realize this isn't a hoax lol

this will never happen. if things get really "bad" and it becomes undeniable they're all dying off, they'll insist it's a new, different disease cooked up by Soros and spread by antifa. but it's not coronavirus, cause the president said that's fine.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

I know, it's just the flu bro.

this is what i keep telling my neighbors when they catch me licking their doorknobs

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

gently caress the market is rebounding

give it time, have faith and patience that america will soon be fairly well hosed up

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BoldFace posted:

Is the pope dead yet?

no but he's currently in an anime gun battle with corona-chan while "knockin' on heaven's door" plays, so it's only a matter of time

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Virus ramp up the transmission please
I just wanna see the US on its knees
Took forty-five minutes to get all masked up
We ain't even gonna make it to this club

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Just when the pope seems to lose, the superior gnr version kicks in and he prevails

i didn't know there were any other versions than that one. but anyways he loses, sorry

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i really, really wish "my sharona" wasn't such a disgusting song because "m-m-m-my corona" is very earwormy

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GrimGypsy posted:

CDC is kinda garbo just listen to the WHO, hth

PS it's going to show up in every state and probably already has and the vast majority of cases are not and never will be reported, do your heart rate a favor and don't clench up every time they feed the media cycle with another "some dude has it in X state...and will recover completely but no one cares about that because it isn't exciting" story.

no offense but i don't think "it's being overhyped" is the important issue. just the opposite, really, at least as far as the government's response goes

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Uhhhhhh there's a saline shortage?

relax, it's just saltwater bro

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

One thing I have noticed in this thread, there has been zero compassion for Chinese people or other people affected by the crisis.

I am just saying that as a poster, btw.

of course it loving sucks, what do you want me to say

edit: oh i missed the "or other people affected by this crisis" re: that no i will not be sad when all the horrible chuds currently following their leader and telling people it's nbd finally come down with it. that'll be a net positive for the country and the world.

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 29, 2020

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i love humanity and my heart breaks with compassion for all life. unironically. so no i will not be sad if the natural world takes out some of the people trying to destroy it. to be clear i mean people in my own country

also i do hope the economy gets completely hosed up and there's no way you can tell me that won't be a complete positive

Ardennes posted:

Maybe call out the racism, at least. I am doing it now.

i haven't seen racism itt but then i haven't been following it forever. now, the gbs and dnd threads on the other hand...

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Daikloktos posted:

It's tragic whenever anybody dies before reaching the redemption all people are capable of.

Daikloktos posted:

It'd be nice to kill myself without guilt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
just to be clear i am 100% in favor of telling racists, with a capital r or small r, to shut up, gtfo, and reporting them.

i also enjoy non-racist bitter lmaos because what the hell else am i supposed to do?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

i'm going to die of COVID while arguing that the singular They is a good thing for language

:hfive:

silicone thrills posted:

WHY WOULD WE CLOSE THE SOUTHERN BORDER?!

i'm now honestly upset about that and god knows what other horrors they'll use corona as cover for

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eat This Glob posted:

that's MISTER hands to you, pal

lmao

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

“It was in the reign of Corona-chan that the above-named personages lived and quarrelled ; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
kind of glad i live in an ignorant chud area lol, if people even know about corona then they'll at least trust trmmp and not do anything to prepare.

more beans and toilet paper for me!