Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I think I'm ready. I've been preparing since Prester Jane graced these forums with insanity and WTF-ever. Tomorrow I see my doctor for the last extra of my prescriptions and to vote in the primary. On top of this I've got 4 months of cat food, water storage (I've got a filter), liquor, cigarettes, recreational drugs, and 2 vats of hand sanitizer I plan on sleeping in. I already work remotely so that's lovely. I'm high risk for poo poo going wrong so I'd like to avoid the public for a while
e: gently caress mobile

facetoucher cat fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BONGHITZ posted:

eat the cat

I'd sooner eat my husband but he might read this so I'll say I might consider it if I run out of beans and dehydrated blueberries

BONGHITZ posted:

eat the cat

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I broke into my bean supply to stop myself from thinking about the constant need to touch my face. All of this was previously dehydrated from the beans, cheese, to the sour cream. It was actually delicious but now I can't stop farting so badly not even the cat will sit near me so I've got the social distancing thing down

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

twoday posted:

Get some epazote or savory, they taste good with beans and reduce farting

What is dehydrated cheese

It's just like the shredded cheese you can get in a bag or shred off a block but dehydrated with a machine

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBWZLIU/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_JzUxEbTCTKPQ9

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
On one hand I don't want people to be hurt and I'm likely one of the people to die on the other I'm going through a mid-life crisis and just want to see everything burn so I'm kinda welcoming Corona-chan into my heart. I figure with my over obsessive nature, the fact I've amassed decent camping gear and survival techniques, once the people that don't use bidets run out of toilet paper start killing each other I can use the extra toilet paper I have for currency to get out of ATL into the wilderness and just have a nice camping trip until the hillbillies find me and use my clothing and gear to wipe themselves and I die of exposure. That's assuming I don't catch it first by doing something dumb like getting the mail

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Vishass posted:

it's hospitals hanging on by a thread because GA said gently caress off to medicare expansion 100 miles in all directions outside atlanta. You're better off breaking into a Dicks and creating a bunker in the gun section.

Yeah, it's bad out there. My husband injured himself almost 2 hours outside of the city pretty severely and we drove back here because we didn't trust the care we would have been able to receive. He's fine, a rock jumped out and attacked him. They're vicious.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Jymmybob posted:

just get the trashiest cheap cuts of pork and beef then dump in random vegetables, especially onions, and any broth. whatever comes out will be good and even better as leftovers

I've just got who knows how many pounds of ham hocks in my freezer. I'm going to hopefully survive coronavirus but end up with heart disease because of all the salt

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm so excited for all of these bean related crisis induced cooking sessions that will be happening in the near future. Lego my legume

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, certainly cheap cuts are the way to go, but if you have a dutch oven they may come out even better if you get a decent sear on them beforehand or sear them in a pan and deglaze and add the fond to the slow cooker.

Personally, I would say the most important thing is variety. Beans and rice is fine, but you are going to go nuts unless you have 10-15 dishes on hand you can come up with. Freeze the meat, bread, and veggies and save the canned and dry goods unless you really need them for a recipe. Also, cheese lasts longer than you would think. (shrug)

I mean the most important thing is to have a variety of food you actually want to eat (and you have plenty of time to cook over hours).

---------------------

I might just bite the bullet and get that sourdough starter ready... fresh sourdough bread wouldn't be too bad to have on hand.

With regards to bread stuffs I've found that the mix breads are not half bad. Some you just add water and put into muffin cups for a delicious treat, they are a buck at Kroger for the mix and no one was buying them. Lasts forever, they make some you put in a loaf pan too. These are the honey wheat muffins with honey butter because WTF else would I do while not leaving my house but cook?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thundercracker posted:

God, I used to make split pea soup with ham hocks and it was the best. Put some potatoes and carrots in there, get a nice loaf of crusty bread, mmm. Spent a week playing Mass Effect 3, smoking weed, and eating that out of out a slow cooker on the floor besides my desk and it was just heaven on Earth.

This sounds like bliss, holy hell

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
So about that people voluntarily self isolating and listening when being told to GTFO (pls actually link)

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1235040140516458498

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Eat This Glob posted:

lmao greetings from 80 miles from there. im sure itll get sorted out with a minimum of harassment

I wonder what kind of toilet paper they have in forced prison quarantine. Likely not as nice as you would have at home I guess

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I thought Gates was talking about not liking Corona-chan

https://twitter.com/juliehubs/status/1234965911099985920?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm a lowly computer toucher for my day job (facetoucher by night) and I'm having to test Corona-chan content as my contract panics to get it out as fast as possible. Sitting here listening to 5 podcasts play at once on double speed is infusing my body with vibrations from the virus itself and making my eye tic worse than normal *twitch*

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I remember swiping toilet paper from various places when I rolled houses. How long until people start stealing it and it being kept behind the counter where you have to ask for it and they end up just giving you like 3 squares of single ply at Golden Corral and send you back to the trough

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

U-DO Burger posted:

choose who you infect wisely

death crew irl

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

nope.. cant enter the cns, not at all possible. relax flu bro

I don't see any brain worms, wait a minute...

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Who was it that was looking for etsy coronavirus stuff because the factories are already churning it out

https://twitter.com/carolineha_/status/1235291009728249857

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Why don't people just start a misinformation campaign that's based on truth. Say that good hygiene and social distancing is just being implemented to cover up the real problem the MSM isn't telling them. The Australian fires caused ash to settle in the atmosphere and the cough is really caused by that, you have to wash your hands because the toxins from the dust will get in your face and rear end, if you don't stay inside and self isolate you'll be exposed to harmful free radicals that have been exposed to the environmental effects of mercury in retrograde and your balls will explode

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

silentsnack posted:

You also have to word it in ways that make it as opaque and confusing as possible like talking about chelation treatment for exposure to astrological mercury.

I need I channel my inner Marianne Williamson for the boomer 'bola

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

err posted:

Does anyone have some serious predictions for the U.S. two weeks from now? Do schools/retail begin to close? It seems like things will just continue on, we already have accepted that 10+ deaths are okay.

My husband and I are waiting until it's community spread in our state or I guess until it's reported to be in the wild and at that time going to self isolate. I don't know how the .gov is going to put a bunch of people here in the south on lockdown because this is the sort of civil discourse they've been stockpiling for. We're planning on getting out camping in a wilderness area this weekend simply because we don't have a clue as to what next weekend will bring. The total uncertainty of it all seems to be one of the biggest stressors

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mayor Dave posted:

i can't afford to self-quarantine atm, and i'd get fired if i did

Stinkpalm boss time when you're infected. That really sucks =(

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I've got plenty of other food to make actual meals incorporating the beans, rice, lentils, etc. I was just bean posting in the spirit of this thread.

Grits are delicious and in no way gruel, don't listen to them

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Schmeichy posted:

Meanwhile I group texted my family who mostly live in King county that my work was cancelling events and to remember to wash hands, and I got a response of "that's extreme, and also stop talking about it you're stressing me out" and this meme:

Tell them about the Australian fire ash

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Schmeichy posted:

Meanwhile I group texted my family who mostly live in King county that my work was cancelling events and to remember to wash hands, and I got a response of "that's extreme, and also stop talking about it you're stressing me out" and this meme:

And sorry they dismissed you like that. Sometimes it's hard to tell if people are being lovely or if it's their own defense mechanism because of they cannot accept the glory that is Corona-chan

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Uglycat posted:

The tests /are/ super-important, but to some degree they're a distraction.
We don't need tests right now - we know it's spreading everywhere. We need to shut down. Then we need tests in abundance. Tests don't matter a lick while we know it's spreading.

If I die from this, I blame tobacco and capitalism, not mother nature.

I'm a smoker, and 42, oh yeah I've also likely got COPD. Mother nature had nothing to do with this

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

err posted:

Ghost Ship was a documentary

That first scene was brutal

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Schmeichy posted:

I tried... Americans just resist any change to their comfortable lives and don't want to admit bad things are happening until it's too late

Before my father turned into a turbo Fox News chud he was a good man and instilled into me that things can go tits up in a heartbeat so you gotta love life but you gotta be ready for anything to be thrown at you. It was my mother that taught me that you don't drive over bags because there could be a severed head in them. It's all about risk avoidance

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/RupertMyers/status/1235307129722015751?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
So "recovered" just means "not actively dying"?

https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1235390497864081408

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Blasphemy! Grits + hot sauce, grits + little bit of sugar and butter, grits + butter and pinch of salt and pepper. Just the slightest seasonings with some good grits and it's divine. Polenta and grits are basically the same thing, grits is fine ground hominy and polenta is yellow corn coarser ground. Go to a bougiusise restaurant and they charge bank for that by just adding cheese

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

its just a flu scam bro. lmao remember swine flu?

Total scam, that reminds me, my coworkers caught swine flu at a convention when it was happening but the industry I was in at the time just "postponed" their latest convention. I didn't even remember hearing about it at the time until they had it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Are you questioning his gut? That's where the best virus fighting antibodies are kept

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Number go down

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I just heard on the news trolump is going to be here at the CDC on Friday. That's going to be fun because I think they have a little area for kids with colorful displays IIRC

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

kopasetic posted:

both sars and mers cause permanent lung fibrosis in some patients. meaning portions of useful lung are replaced with junk tissue and no longer ventilate. covid19 also seems to be doing that.

So what you're saying is I need to smoke as much weed as I can now while my lungs still work

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Admiral Ray posted:

u work at the cdc? why r u trying to lie about a HOAX DISEASE to slander TURNOP???

Here = Atlanta

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BULBASAUR posted:

daily reminder:

soak 'em n smoke 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I was thinking earlier how badly I'm going to flip when I legit can't leave my tiny 1br apartment but then was cool with it for a minute because my cats are always locked inside then one lost his mind