Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Burn Zone posted:

I have a friend from back home who lives in Wuhan teaching English. he said it’s like the flu

comparing living in china to a disease is pretty hosed up op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

i heard they're grinding people up and serving the meat at one of their open air sewage pits

Plinkey do NOT go to china

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
tfw you're building a hospital in 15 days

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Woo reading this thread while playing Plague Inc is one hell of a trip.

Tutorial's a little on the nose

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

lord funk posted:

Hey everyone I'm chilling in my apartment in Wuhan right now. Lemme know if you have any questions.

what do doorknobs taste like in china

e: do not lick doorknobs

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

it keeps getting more and more festive

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

shucks!

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

I know what CNN said about Plague Inc but I also know what Plague Inc said about this

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

we got a real debbie downer over here

going to contact Little Debbie tonight and tell them to make an alcoholic snack cake called Debbie Downers

How long until The Wuhan Secret mutates to spread through our posts?

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Viral genome has been sequenced

code:
    1 attaaaggtt tataccttcc caggtaacaa accaaccaac tttcgatctc ttgtagatct
   61 gttctctaaa cgaactttaa aatctgtgtg gctgtcactc ggctgcatgc ttagtgcact
  121 cacgcagtat aattaataac taattactgt cgttgacagg acacgagtaa ctcgtctatc
29761 acagtgaaca atgctaggga gagctgccta tatggaagag ccctaatgtg taaaattaat
29821 tttagtagtg ctatccccat gtgattttaa tagcttctta ggagaatgac aaaaaaaaaa
29881 aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaa
https://bioinformatics.stackexchange.com/questions/11227/why-does-the-wuhan-coronavirus-genome-end-in-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/
code:
   1 attaaaggtt trumptrpmutr caggtaacaa accaaccaac trupupupupu trtupopom
   61 gttctctaaa cgaactttaa aatctgtgtg gctgtcactc ggctgcatgc ttagtgcact
  121 cacgcagtat aattaataac tarpurptrump cgttgacagg acacgagtrp ctcgtctmpc
29761 acagtgaaca atgctrumpa gagctgccta turmpaagag ccctuptgtg taaaarumpt
29821 tttrumpagtg ctatccccat gtgattrpaa tagcttctta ggagrutamp aaaaaaaaaa
29881 aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaa trump

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

nikosoft posted:

Friends, at work today I overheard that not only is this virus most certainly engineered by the government, but that the newly-created Space Force holds the patent to it.

This is from the same guy two cubicles down from me that also thinks that the Rothschilds started the PG&E wildfires last year so, you know, he definitely has well-connected sources.

mods, give me the space flu

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
lmao that we're gonna get killed by a virus with a dna strand like a possum meme

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

RandomBlue posted:

It's RNA and that sequence is standard.

I can't hear you over the possum yelling

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

OhFunny posted:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/health/two-in-nh-being-tested-for-coronavirus/article_34a32773-2bee-5973-8758-0d0fcfa9d79e.html

Two being tested in New Hampshire for coronavirus. The two had been in Wuhan and are experiencing mild respiratory issues. If positive they'll be the sixth and seventh US cases.

We should have known Bernie Fever was going to get out of control and hurt people, like little microscopic Bernie Bros. Sanders' silence on this is deafening.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
overheard at work just now:

"Yeah, come on by our desk and grab a donut. *COUGH*"

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

the Black Death literally raised wages for workers in Europe

we stan a nearly unsurvivable plague

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

20 Blunts posted:

Kinda spoopy seeing 3M and name brand respirators sold out on Amazon!

medieval plague masks are still in stock!

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

galenanorth posted:

Reporter: What's it like being a virus?
Coronavirus: Well, a cell bursts and you're born into the world, and then there's this pressure to always be infecting, always be infecting.

Step 1. Approach the client. Don't be afraid to pass the "no soliciting sign" on the cell membrane and go straight to the cell nucleus.
Step 2. Discover the cell nucleus' needs and persuade them to buy something they don't need with a limited-time RNA offer.
Step 3. Provide the RNA solution.
Step 4. Close the infection.
Step 5. Follow-up by watching as the cell makes more virus friends.

The job doesn't pay much, or really anything at all, but the boss says that you've got to really get to the fourth level of marketing before the returns really start coming in. We're covering a lot of BMT -- that's biomass territory for those not in the infection business -- and I think when the next quarterly report comes out, our shareholders are going to be really excited. We've got this great new project planned, and it involves mucus droplets on every donut in a box of donuts in the office of this Doc Walrus guy that posts on an Internet forum called SomethingAwful.

the business card scene in American Psycho, but someone coughed on the cards

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
I don't feel sick at all, but I have been having weird dreams about a 106 year old woman who still makes her own bread and wants me to come to Nebraska

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

upgunned shitpost posted:

slowly dying of plague on your twitch stream for likes

if you donate :10bux: this instagram cosplay model will cough on a buffet

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

A Russian troll farm posted:

loving amateur poo poo that it evolved pneumonia before extreme bioaerosol

real life is casual mode lmao just press buttons and you win

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

snoo posted:

from the gbs thread

me, on day 5 of feeling like i 'just have a cold': :stonk:

you've got the snooperflu

maybe if you inhale enough helium the coronavirus will float out of you and have an adventure like in Up

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
I'm sure old fashioned American gumption can solve this like it solved the opiod crisis.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

Don't forget to make loud coughing sounds at work if you have a open office space and tell your co-workers you went on vacation to China.

Everyone in my office (I'm also in Austin) has the sniffles and is coughing lmao

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
If I also see people in masks in public I'm gonna go ahead and get a medieval beak mask and maybe a black windbreaker to go with it

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Lote posted:

There’s a confirmed case in Las Vegas now. Chinese gambler from Wuhan. :lol: the US is hosed.

now we're the gamblers lmao

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Bullfrog posted:

WHO announces Wuhan flu has become electronically transmissible. If you have been involved in discussion of the virus online, please self-quarantine immediately.

Seek medical attention immediately upon the following symptoms:
- browsing forum threads related to the disease while at work
- increased consumption of alcohol
- feels like you have to use too much toilet paper to wipe your rear end, how the gently caress did the guy in the stall next to you just now wipe a single time and leave, is there something wrong with you?
- experience intrusive thoughts including the phrase "this owns"

oh no!

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Also, are there any cases in the UK yet? An outbreak coinciding with no-deal brexit would be... something

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

number is sick

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

lmao that japan quickly announced no one on the plane had coronavirus, then had to rush several passengers to hospital as soon as the plane landed, now say three of the passengers had coronavirus and infected all the rest, wow just wow :thumbsup:

They're gonna be fine. Things are dangerous to Japan based on their size. If this was one 50 foot tall virus cell, they'd have a problem

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
President Donald John Trump, with no protective gear in sight, shouting at a petri dish: "DO YOU HAVE ANY MONEY? DO YOU HAVE ANY MONEY?"

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Polo-Rican posted:

oh fffuck... Valentine's Day is coming up... a worldwide orgy of bodily fluids.... i don't see any way the human race survives the Suck And gently caress Fest known as Valentine's Day, 2020

Tom Carper's Suck-N-gently caress Manor will become a morgue overnight :ohdear:

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

ok you get the special treatment of Seriousposting

crack ping is a trump thread joke about the constant barrage of serious and/or bizarre news overwhelming people's minds

you can check my post history in this thread, it's 90% posting news updates and telling smug dismissive idiots that this is going to be worse than they're writing it off as. in literally none of these posts am I actually cheering for people to die, this poo poo is awful, even getting hit by this poo poo and surviving is going to be awful, pneumonia is horrible to deal with, and this has a good chance of leaving survivors with permanent respiratory damage, which is probably even worse than dying (look up a documentary or two on people living in iron lungs)

please chill out and quit harshing the buzz. it's a lot healthier for people to laugh at this poo poo than work themselves up into panicked paralysis. especially given that this thing spreads from presymptomatic hosts there's not really much we can actually do about not/catching it, particularly at the individual peasant level which is what every single one of us posting here is. if you find a director of medical policy here or a mayor or state governor or something then let us know so we can tell them to take this really seriously!!!

the most amazing thing about this thread is that people still need to have "lmao this owns" explained to them

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

BoldFace posted:

Not to sound too tinfoily, but do we yet have a confirmation of any ethnically non-asian contracting the virus?

lmao computer, show me more posts

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Zotix posted:

Isn't that what kind of happens throughout nature in insect colonies and poo poo? The sick are ostracized and forced out. I'm not arguing that it's right, but it is natural.

:chanpop: nearly singed my eyebrows off with that one

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

I'm going to need A LOT of irrefutable proof of engineering before I even consider it. Historical use of bioweapons has never involved creating or modifying a disease. The use of bioweapons in real life involved transporting a naturally-occurring disease or poison to an enemy military force or civilian population. This Resident Evil "designer virus" poo poo has no basis in reality.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ok, in the last week the number of cases increased by approx 15 times, from 639 to approx 9,700. if this continues at the same rate, there will be 150,000 confirmed cases by next week, 2,250,000 by the week after that, 33 million the week after that, 500 million the week after that, 7.5 billion the week after that, 113 billion the week after that, 1.7 trillion the week after that, etc

I think it's hosed up that you're making jokes when more than a trillion human lives are at stake

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

*COUGH*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Vlex posted:

For gently caress's sake I just spent a week in the Canaries.

You're our canary in the coal mine!