Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

err posted:

Can anyone recommend what to say in anonymous email to my boss to complain about keeping us at work? I work near where some of the deaths have happened in Washington.
You can always go with the, "Hey, I'm coughing and think I have a fever--but I really don't want to miss work. Just giving you a heads up!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Shouldn't it be called Boomer Doomer instead of Boomer Remover? Missing the alliteration with Boomer Remover...

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Pooky posted:

Love to use homemade ventilators without the medically induced coma.

We can work on inducing comas next!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

triple sulk posted:

i got my wife to start calling it boomer remover

I'm sticking with Boomer Doomer

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

I did start wondering last night what happens to the first few batches of Quarantine kids. If people start fuckin' now and this thing lasts eighteen months--there will be a lot more heartache than just dead parents in 2021... :(

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

shovelbum posted:

we gotta all do hand and mouth stuff to keep the strain off the healthcare system
Keep tugging honey--it's to save the planet!!!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Does anyone have a link or the graphics from way back, I think in the beginning of February, when whoever is in charge of releasing the Covid-19 numbers for China released a graphic with 150,000 infected and 25,000 dead that was quickly removed and replaced with 800 or so dead?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

cheese eats mouse posted:

catholicism forbids cremation you have to leave your body intact for god to come back

so they gotta dig a bunch of holes :(
You are not allowed/supposed to split the ashes in Catholicism. The ashes are to be treated reverently and have a final place of resting. Not supposed to keep mom on the mantle or divy up grandmom between the kids in the little ash vile necklaces, that kind of crap.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

VomitOnLino posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/flydragon333/status/1239205801719300098

Edit: sorry forgot the translation: basically they’re not checking corpses and there’s been some irregularities at crematories where they’re supposed to keep the stuffs for up to 24h but a lot got burned earlier and without a final checking or autopsy

There’s definitely some covering up or at least incompetence going on in Japan.
Everyone in Tokyo is behaving as normal. The masks are vanishing and the trains are packed.

They’ve also lifted the status of emergency in Hokkaido and there’s talk about re-opening the schools again. That Olympics money is a powerful drug to be sure and they’ve decided their poo poo rear end economy absolutely hinges on it.

And I think it says all current roni test are performed with .236 round... :(

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

This is a head scratcher? Where exactly they planning to attack? Churches? Schools? Tourist Attractions? Planes? Ummm....

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

ok....yeah, that was low hanging fruit...

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Inceltown posted:

The reason why Trump wants everything open again for Easter has been revealed.

https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/1243317940474253312

Easter buffet.
Dawned on me yesterday that if you have the roni, now is an excellent time to buy a gun. Well maybe not buy a gun, just head into the gun store and see how a bunch of guns feel when you handle them...

All this news of opening the country back up. How do we suggest opening up all the golf and country clubs first as a trial run?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

I think am loosing my mind...

I could have sworn there was a news story about the data agency that was reporting the numbers for China/Wuhan in a nice little grey rectangle with Cases, Deaths, and Recovered number. The grey rectangle infographic got posted one morning with super high numbers--like 156K case, 25K dead, and 42K recovered and was quickly taken down and replaced with much lower numbers--I was thinking the death count was changed to 800ish. China's 800 death count was around Feb 6th to the 8th. I've been clicking through the pages of the thread from 110 through 135 , tried to search...

I think I first saw the story in the Turmp thread and the next day it was on Drudge. But I'll be damned if I can find any mention of the changed data now... Does anyone know what I'm talking about or do I need to lay of the Ambien or something? (Don't take ambien....)

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Celexi posted:

I have that image, not too sure how accurate it was at all.

That image is what got me reading this thread and thinking probably a good time to buy all the poo poo I'll need for a few months. (I was thinking then two months tops!)

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Celexi posted:

No, it was this:

Thanks! That was it--I started looking too late. Needed to go back more days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Spergin Morlock posted:

not only will it kill more people like this on the first round but it'll be more likely to become endemic in their areas so they'll get it worse than other places when fall rolls around. i think some of these idiots arent just arguing in bad faith and really do believe their bullshit. lmao
Or they live on donations they don't get when people don't show up....