Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
China is shutting down every movie theater in operation, and closing the Disney park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like I know there's a lot of "hahaha china is just using this as an excuse to be totalitarian" but even a super regressive totalitarian state like China has to know that they are going to be kneecapping their economy severely doing this. Reports are coming out of fourth generation infections in Wuhan, and second generation infections outside of Wuhan. This isn't able to be detected with usual flu symptoms of fever, so the general quick checks at airports and ports using temp sensors won't work. There are reports that the virus is surviving on surfaces for days, possibly a lot longer, which means that anything shipped out of those provinces are a risk even if they are at sea for a week. China has put a pupulation bigger than every US state under total quarantine and that quarantine is expanding constantly.

If there was one to be worried about, it's probably this one.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1220616882132094976

"" At the station that travels to and from Wuhan, heavily armed special police have been stationed. They all wear epidemic prevention suits and are equipped with automatic rifles. Some netizens have questioned, do epidemic prevention need these weapons of great lethality? ""

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are now a confirmed total of 12 cities under lockdown, most of them in the million+ population range. Newest one is Tianamen. 12 confirmed, 1 unconfirmed. Might be as many as 15 total right now.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HongKong hospitals now at full capacity as well.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CODChimera posted:

everyone should get really high and watch this, it'll calm us all down

I'm going to get really high on acid and do this it'll be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tashilicious posted:

I'm going to get really high on acid and do this it'll be great

turns out this was a bad idea and now I am screaming into an eternal void without echo or depth. help me.