Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Pead posted:

Lolling at the "I used to work at the UN, thus I have Top Secret clearance"

Getting warm fuzzies over the "Above-Top-Secret-Dot-Com" feeling of that chan post.

Polo-Rican posted:

Symptoms of Coronavirus - If you feel any of these, seek medical attention immediately

• Fatigue, especially in morning or at night
• Gas, bloating
• Depression, cynicism, feeling that nothing matters
• Strong, unexplainable surge in opinions about the star wars franchise
• Underwear doesn't feel like it fits right

•Cracking. Pinging
•Uncontrollable urge to post 'Trumo'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The :matters: field will kick in any minute now, and we will never hear of this again.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol at people thinking things have died down because the CDC/WHO said "Do Not Panic" and it's 2 AM in China therefore there's no additional reports coming out for the time being.

:nothing: Elon Musk and Trump will combine their powers and cure the virus. Number will go up.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Rocking back anf forth, clutching a maga hat, and kitsch Trumo painting:

"NOTHING MATTERS"
"NOTHING MATTERS"
"NOTHING MATTERS"
"NOTHING MATTERS"

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
It's all fine. The US national news can only cover Kobe's death, so the outbreak doesn't exist anymore.

And stonks are up. Virus cured!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

RandomBlue posted:

lusting for masses of Indian food

Maybe thats it! Curry is the cure! And paneer cheese!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

So give it a week, and we're back to only remembering Sailor.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

New Devo album sucks.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
It's fine, it's fine. Everything is FINE.

Number up, number good, low prices, friends!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Little Infection Academia.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpRR_WMqFq4

Welcome to Toronto!

Please wait while the severely dying are removed first.

PILOT: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Toronto - At this time all passengers who are unconscious or on the last stages of death may now depart. We ask the remainder of you stay seated until you are cal- What the gently caress did you just open the-

CO-PILOT: RELAX! It's just the flu.

:eyepop:

... Anyway, will all be forgotten in a week, ten days, tops.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

oooh you make the noses run, the noses run
death is just a matter of time, corona

:captainpop:

Thread very good.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

https://ncov.r6.no/

spreading faster than swine flu with significantly higher mortality

this isnt good

What, seven days left till this all blows over? It's fine.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

How could he get a foolish idea like tha....

OMG! Vape disease was a Wuflu test!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

BoldFace posted:

Oh gently caress, the zombies are here.

It was so awesome when they brought Hi-C ECMO cooler back.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Those scales are the same as human fingernails. So traditional medicine practitioners should move to human-sourced keratin, and leave the pangolins alone.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The only bioweapon conspiracy theory I can support is that it's Pompeo and Pence trying to get their rapture on.

BUT

The pandemic would have started here, because whatever military/intelligence agency responsible would have tested it in the US first.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Old Story posted:

hey man I don't know if you're a person who might sometimes struggle with mental illness, but you've been posting some stuff itt that seems like you might be falling into some paranoid ideas or delusions. Outbreaks like this generate a lot of hysteria, fake news and consipracies, it might be good to avoid threads like these if you have a hard time with that sort of stuff

as for metal box video, my guess is that ambulance services are completely overwhelmed and the government is trying to come up with ad hoc ways to isolate and move patients around. A sealed box in the back of a pickup seems like a quick and cheap way to move a couple not-critically-sick people around. The screams in the video it seems to me are from the people filming it and freaking out, not a recording of what it would sound like for someone to scream from within a sealed box filmed from a balcony a few stories up but what do I know

Even in the video, there's no door on the back of the box, they could have just climbed out.

The outbreak is becoming water cooler talk around here, complete with lots of racism, and panic happening, despite not having any cases nearby.

There's a woman from Oregon that was on one of the ships with an outbreak, and people were already scared that it's in her home town.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Did the DPRK actually report a suspected case?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

This thread is heating up

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Ogantai posted:

SARS 2: Electric Boogaflu

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The usual suspects are going to shout you down with videos and r0 figures, but ultimately I think it all ends up being some version of:

"NO! NO!!!! SEE THIS IS ALL I HAVE! IF THE VIRAL APOCALYPSE ENDS THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT I DON'T HAVE TO CARE ABOUT MY lovely LIFE ANYMORE! SO I'M GOING TO DOOM POST AND/OR SPUR ON THE DOOM POSTERS BECAUSE I SECRETLY HOPE IT ALL COMES CRASHING DOWN SO EVERYONE'S LIFE ULTIMATELY MEANS NOTHING AND MY UNIMPORTANT AND MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE MEANS JUST AS MUCH AS SOMEONE WHO LIVED THEIR LIFE TO THE FULLEST! WHERE'S THE NEAREST CASE, I WANNA BE A SUPERSPREADER!" :shepface:

I...

Hey!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Hello Doctor Notaspy.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

nikosoft posted:

this dumb loving thread has turned me into the worst creature of all, the Truth Is In The Middle moderate cretin. Congrats!! I hope you're all happy!!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

Lol wasn't there a story just yesterday about how CDC is loving up the quarantine?

Didn't you hear what that senator said?! We have lots of planes. It's the only thing that matters.

Many of my family were on vacation in Hawaii during that time. Bye everyone!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

I know what my Friday night movie is going to be :getin:

Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Why did I read the replies?!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

let people be insane in c-spam imho

The C-SPAM rules-

Horny: Prohibited
Insanity: Encouraged
Remember: Sailor

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I am going to assume that since Florida has said theyre not reporting anything, that the state is nothing but flu-zombies ruled by their lich-king governor

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Bless Coronachan and Her phlegm.
Bless the coming and going of Her.
May Her passage cleanse the world.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

i am harry posted:

5400 people are "self quarantining" in CA alone...which means coronavirus is walking among the population freely because how are they keeping tabs on that many californians

LOL at there probably being dozens if not hundreds of cases in the US, but it's cool! Just "ehhh, self-quarantine, or whatever."

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
LED lightbulb shortage incoming. Tmurp was right again!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
LMAO:

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1230199162618228736

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

GABA ghoul posted:

Gonna be interesting to see the US not try to contain this in any meaningful way and just power through it. They might be done with it roughly at the same time as China but will have a couple million more bodies to bury.

Probably better for Number this way. No preventive economy shutdown. They can collect the dead/spent workers at their workplace while everyone else keeps working which is much more efficient than letting everyone slack off in quarantine or the ICU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

stephenthinkpad posted:

Do you guys find it super suspicious that the US CDC has no updated the infected number (15) for 2 weeks. According to CDC the 15 patients didn't spread to any other American.

If it's "self-quarantine" it doesn't count, apparently (paywalled):

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-has-u-s-cities-stretching-to-monitor-self-quarantined-americans-11582108203

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

Yes, hit me!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

someone infected was either a mar a lago member or family of a mar a lago member, no other explanation

Imagine Mar a Lago getting closed because virus.

Trump at war with himself over weather to go or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

maybe if we just say it was this number, but no it was this number, but no actually we add some and subtract some from that number and then maybe thats the number if you dont check our work, maybe thats the number

That's how corona-chan gets you. She finds your number. Changer your number enough, can't getcha.

*head-tap.jpg*