Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i don't eat fish i am a vegetarian, does that afford me any extra protection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yes you are immune. you have been conscripted to go into wuhan and save them. god speed sir

oh boy no thank you, i cannot abide airports

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

definitely gonna go ham on an antiques shop if i'm one of the sole survivors, always wanted to loose a ping pong ball in the vase section

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

just gonna walk around in a gigantic hamster ball, added bonus that the buoyancy allows me to cross shallow bodies of water

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

gently caress, 680 likes is pretty respectable, i am wasting my best material on this forum.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

shadowy streaming platform netflix just released a docuseries called "pandemic" examining how a deadly flu strain might spread and what is being done to prevent.

coincidence, or crack ping?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

ah, time to quaff from the heady brew of the discourse

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

coronavirus kills 99.9% of the world, jeffrey epstein returns as randall flagg, mark ruffalo is mother abigaile, the world cleaves betwixt paedos and non paedos, the final battle between good and evil

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/HKGTranslator/status/1221501402251505667?s=09

so inappropriate

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

what does the 5.47 number mean

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Stairmaster posted:

r is an estimate of how many individuals each infected person will pass the disease onto

so if R0 was 5 and 2 people have it, that means they will pass it to 10?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

holy gently caress

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i'm guessing a few people in this thread will already be incubating, since we don't know all the ways it spreads yet let's try not to cough or vomit in here

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

if someone quotes you so have a yellow post that means you now have the coronavirus and i have given it to you :rip:

poo poo, gonna forward this on to 10 people before corona virus appears in my room tonight and kills me

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

twoday posted:

So I'm just going to assume I'm going to get it, what can I do to boost my immune system and lung health?

as ever, posting

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

cargo cult posted:

if you inversed cspam's hysterical catastrophizing and bought tesla at $190 youd have nearly tripled your money lol

what did they predict about elon musk

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Admiral Ray posted:

that he was a crazy person

kind of looks like time proved cspam right on that one then

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

cargo cult how do we bap back against this deadly disease

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

drat

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

cargo cult is bappin the gently caress out and i love it unconditionally

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

this isnt the end of the world. how do i know that? because i hate my job, and i'm not lucky enough for the apocalypse to get me out of it

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

remember when the soldiers infected with captain trips do the murder lottery live on tv in the stand, that poo poo used to scare the hell out of me. first 3rd of that book is insanely engrossing. then it turns into a big pile of poo poo but oh well.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

reminded of the war nerd article about nukes, the glorious release from this cycle of pain and suffering. coronavirus is shouldering the burden of guilt, doing what we lack the courage to do, releasing us to blissful nothing, easing our passing not so much into but through death, to radiant nirvana. hail corona, latin for "sun".

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

we will start having eerie dreams, in one a tall dark stranger by the name of pete buttigieg will call us to join his army in south bend, in another hillary clinton will be playing acoustic guitar on the porch of jeffrey epstein's temple, there is no good side to join

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

if, like me, you're feeling freaked out by this talk of "preventing the spread" and "finding a vaccine", i would like to share this by dr dolan. i hope it brings you the same comfort it brought me (swap out nukes for "allowing the virus to spread"):

quote:

Life on earth hit its peak during the Ice Ages, and we are now killing off the few species from that period who survived our first coup, ten thousand years ago...The lives of all the horrible humans in Houston are not worth even one Columbia Mammoth.

We have guides sent ahead of us into oblivion. When we pull the plug, press the button, drop the nuclear dime on ourselves, we will suffer no more than the Mammoth suffers. We owe them; let’s join them. We can make our first act in the afterlife a formal apology to the Tasmanian Wolf, the Cave Bear, the Mammoth.

But at least their suffering is over now. The Mammoths’ suffering ended when the last calf, watching its mother being hacked to death by ugly apes wearing caribou skins, trumpeted in shock and pain and tried to run — and was hacked to death, screaming, then silent. And when its life went out — the blowing out of a candle — the suffering of all Mammoths ceased, gave way to something entirely different: Nirvana. The Nirvana of the Mammoths, where they wait for us now.

[...]

Imagine a prisoner condemned to be tortured to death, huddling in a cell waiting for the next call to the bloody floor where his teeth are extracted, one by one. One day someone slips a knife under the door of his cell. For the first time, he has the option of ending a life of pain. And, like a true slave, he throws the knife away in horror, hands it over to the guards so that he may continue to be dragged out and tortured at their pleasure.

gh0stpinballa fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 28, 2020

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

your move!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol americans are going to be mass dying in tents and their kids are gonna get $40k bills for the privilege

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Raptor1033 posted:

the sun's corona, ergo, the sun's crown

splitting hairs here

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

it's hit germany, 1 case confirmed in bavaria

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

god topping up his chillwave spotify playlist while he waits for more dna points to stack up. he's going to evolve water transmission fellas, watch out!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

if the WHO gently caress this up for us when corona is showing so much promise i swear to god

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

blending 12 secret spices with gelato and melted brain pills from infowars.com/store, injecting this into my ungrateful children to vaccinate them, many are doing this

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Doc Walrus posted:

I don't feel sick at all, but I have been having weird dreams about a 106 year old woman who still makes her own bread and wants me to come to Nebraska

i've been dreaming of hillary too, but i always do tbf

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

honestly if this sputters out i'm never trusting china again

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

makes sense to double the announcements given more cases are being confirmed

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

who will win a bunch of drunk australians or 1 plaguey boi

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i hope pangzai is okay

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

haven't felt this disappointed since i found out i had to work for a living. we have earned a little doomsday, as a treat

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i can hope corona wipes out the british because i am one. you cannot stop me hoping for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

Earth can have a little pandemic, for a treat

i already made this post about 30 pages back. now you owe me 5000 dollars.