Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Heavily modified "chimera" strain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
anyone cheering this thing on realize that bernard sanders is 78 years old

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i have unconfirmed reports that the coronavirus has evolved and is now posting on the internet. it could be posting in this very thread.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
"Wuhan Flu" ryhmed with something and I couldn't remember what until I thought of China's 5 year plan propaganda song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTiBgHIWKik

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MgNcE8mRM0

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
at least it broke out in a country that can mobilize quickly, imagine if it had popped up in some large shithole country with a terrible healthcare system, decaying infrastructure, and a corrupt government like the United States of America

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Time for some game theory:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm actually sincerely starting to wonder, in a non-joking way unlike last night, whether this is actually an escaped bioweapon. How do you make something more perfect than this? All you'd need to do is just release this and let nature do the rest of the work to mutate it, and, uhh...

life uh, finds a way

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

lmao dumbass people who think they're the exception and get on the plane/train/bus/automobile anyway even though they're coughing and sneezing everywhere are going to kill us all

can't miss a flight, can't be inconvenienced at all.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol americans are going to be mass dying in tents and their kids are gonna get $40k bills for the privilege

but couldn't america just build more hospitals in a few weeks?!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Polo-Rican posted:

this decade fuckin rocks

first few days of january: trump bombs an iranian general for no reason, almost kicks off ww3
mid january: pandemic that could kill >3% of the world's population
january 31: brexit

this is the first month of the 20s

and there's locusts eating all the crops in east africa, plus the ongoing famine in yemen.

four horsefolx are out to ride

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i went to a hospital in toronto and return to tell the tale

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

dex_sda posted:

And as a final shitpost, I encourage people to read about how loving utterly metal the immune system is, and just how inconceivable it is that it's so effective. It's a machine to win a genetic arms race in a week where the opponent has been preparing for generations.

If I remember my biology, aren't there immune system cells that attach themselvs to/consume virus cells and then explode?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

AceOfFlames posted:

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1222584537923964928

Tbf, it could also be backlash against The Goop Show. Claim unconclusive.

also noticed that a bestseller on Steam was Plague, Inc: Evolved (which was also on sale)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the median age in japan is 46.7 years old, hoo boy

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I mean like someone up thread said one Uber driver with rent due in a week is all it's going to take

humanity getting owned because of the gig economy would be pretty funny, I gotta admit

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
also not really sure what some international org rep scolding china would accomplish

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Polo-Rican posted:

most pharmacies in new york have been totally sold out of masks for weeks. I found one place a week ago that had masks in stock and I jokingly told him he could flip them on ebay. I may have accidentally turned him into a grifter because today he hung up these:

lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

What this entire experience has taught me is that I will never ever get on a cruise ship

given the average age of cruisers, introducing coronavirus to any ship is going to rack up an insane kill count.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mercrom posted:

remember when we thought the old men running the world didnt care about climate change because it wouldnt affect them. turns out they are just really loving stupid

i assume covid is a spirit bomb powered by youth resentment towards the politics of old people at this point

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
iran's either lying or things are spiraling out of control and they aren't able to keep an accurate count anymore.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
canada should close the southern border tbh

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

deadwing posted:

Wow, President Pelosi!

if that ends up happening what a cursed loving world

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Shipon posted:

pelosi is like 80 years old, she'd be out too

who's after her? chuck grassley who's 86, and mike pompeo who's 56

jesus christ mike loving pompeo

lmao gonna be a wild ride

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

SardonicTyrant posted:

Even when I was a baby I was not a baby about needles.

i am, although it might be a physiological thing, i passed out 3 times when they took some blood recently and i have no idea why

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Sharkie posted:

yeah barracks are going to be fine, who cares.

now prisons, on the other hand. :( stupid evil country.

are you suggesting private prisons might not take care of their prisoners

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
my uncle decided to go on a cruise just this past week since it was so cheap.

he is, to say the least, kind of an idiot

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Chuka Umana posted:

So like, what exactly do I do?

invite the TPUSA folks back to your place, just to be sure

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
this is hellworld, trump may get covid, but he'll survive it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

etalian posted:

lmao you could do not worse than Trump if you were deliberately trying to spread the pandemic

1. Refusing to use WHO test kits, US CDC were found to be inaccurate due to primer design failure
2. Spreading fake news like it will get better with weather
3. Not testing at risk people
4. Letting political lackeys run things instead of subject matter experts
5. Overruled SMEs on multiple occasions during the crisis handling such as allowing infected boomers to be flown off the cruise ships + mix with health people
6. Defunded CDC as part of cost savings idea while giving trillions of dollars in tax cuts to the rich
7. Dissolved the pandemic rapid response team from the previous administration for political reasons
8. Belittling the possible threat, "It's just the flu"
9. Prevented CDC from talking with the media, CDC responses would have to to approved by the Trump administration prior to release
10. Trumpy coronavirus response plan was actually funded by cutting resources for other parts of the federal government (Ebola prevention efforts in Africa)

You might say Trump was our first Marxist president,

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

err posted:

im feeling very accelerated

accel. accelerate yourrr death

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

what happened to the star trek cruise. did it really end without incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTAx8r_090o&t=11s

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 9, 2020

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
gonna raid people's houses like adventurers raiding a dragon's horde

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the ontario government has been having to eat poo poo the last few weeks for wanting to cut public healthcare funding and also loving with people's sick days so they only use them as a last resort.

just endless confirmation of having an organized state being essential to keeping modernity from killing us all that people have ignored for the last 40 years because there hasn't been any substantially disastrous plagues

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jose posted:

Who was the last president to die in office without being assassinated?

FDR

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Ford Nation is pretty much the same as Trump’s base and Ford tried to do exactly what the Republicans would do when he was voted in. That Ontarians turned on him gives me some hope.

For the Americans, the previous party leader was busted for having sex with his teenage interns because Conservatives are the same everywhere

Also Ford lost the popular vote but won the riding vote during the leadership convention.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Ontarians, but everyone who has contracted CONVID has self-isolated at least, so it's not self-circulating in Canada yet. Maybe in BC though, if it did get into a long-term care facility.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Trump contracts CONVID, passes, Pence survives. Biden runs against Pence, wins the presidency and Sanders supporters left hopping mad by 4+ years of smug liberal opeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
It's going to be wild once paranoia really starts winding up when people realize you can be infectious without having the symptoms.