Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

That’s not how disinfection works at all...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

twoday posted:

Assuming the disinfectant spray works (doubtful)

THAT’S NOT HOW DISINFECTION WORKS!!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

So what sort of rations are millions of people going to get delivered to their prison homes for the next half a month...?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

WOWEE ZOWEE posted:

The cruise ship industry is gonna have a hard time recovering from this.

gently caress THE CRUISE SHIP INDUSTRY

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Trevor Hale posted:

I saw the play Bug last night, and it ends with two people racing headfirst into madness as they feed off of each other’s paranoid fantasies.

You could probably swap out the closing monologue for several posts from this thread.

The movie is pretty weird too I remember seeing it a while ago

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

dex_sda posted:

lol nice quarantine

15 days locked in a bedroom

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mantis42 posted:

i finally 'got' the thread title, thanks to google

you people are so old

HOW DARE YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

5400 people are "self quarantining" in CA alone...which means coronavirus is walking among the population freely because how are they keeping tabs on that many californians

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

rump buttman posted:

who buys the other 20% of the gowns?

Not millennials, we know that much!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

ok took a second mortgage to allow me to buy an industrial pallet of bacon as well, hope I can dig a winter pantry in time in the backyard

went to Costco business center today. they had whole frozen pigs in boxes so you might want to grab some of those too

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I like how he says, “it’s a respiratory system virus,” as if that’s no big thing because his listeners have no loving idea what “respiratory system” means and it certainly don’t ring as “CANT BREATHE” when you say it like that.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Dustcat posted:

i've long thought that sovereign political units should be no larger than a few million people since anything bigger than that becomes too separated from the people and too easy to corrupt

Big time. This many people creates a gulf between everyone too; where once we were communal, now we hiss and cower at the company of strangers and don't share information about how terrible all our lives are.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My dream, if I'm ever rich, is opening non-profit groceries in low income areas that sells at cost and also offers free recipes and cooking classes.
Unfortunately it is fundamentally impossible to be rich and a good person.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

kitten smoothie posted:

can’t wait to get that $200 Burberry N95 mask for $2 at TJ Maxx

I'm going to spend my last paycheck on one of those Neiman Marcus masks covered in hot glue for $1400

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

triple sulk posted:

whoa 230 or so new posts

A large portion of the posts are about large portions of beans for dinner and lunch and breakfast.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

BoldFace posted:

While we were busy tracking the virus, robots took over China.

https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1232711421625913345?s=19

no it can’t because that isn’t how disinfection god drat works what the gently caress

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

Alsace-Lorreyne is totally going to escape to Germany the first chance they get

My nana is from there she watched nazis walk down the streets right in front of her house. :shobon:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mons Hubris posted:

This video seems good to share with people you know who don’t know anything about what is going on

https://twitter.com/danrolle/status/1232774578692165633?s=21

That guy has a goatee his mask is useless, as is his child's, and they are infecting each other.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

Unless you live alone and have no fever, in which case your body will produce antibody in a few weeks anyway.

Who told you that?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Doc Walrus posted:

I mean this is Fox News. They hire actors and grifters for interviews pretty often. This could just be an act.

no I linked the guy’s go fund me when he got back from wuhan because his poor wife was stuck over there and his poor baby hasn’t seen her since

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

CNN had a similar op-ed saying the same kind of things that more liquidity and lower interest rates can't fix a hosed up supply chain or huge portions of workers quarantining

Labor / Supplies / Capital - these are the three things businesses need to function. in 2009 the capital dried up. this time it’s the supplies.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

pmchem posted:

https://twitter.com/apsphysics/status/1233950396093214720?s=21

several thousand people that were supposed to be at a conference starting tomorrow, many already on site, welp!

cool cool y’all want some science tattoos while you’re still in town and have money?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

just gently caress the car up you coward

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Zeno-25 posted:

Bean report - Denver

Went to a couple grocery stores today, both were fairly well stocked with beans, rice, and all canned goods. Looked like people had only just started to buy them in slightly higher amounts.

Glad I finished stocking up a good pantry before they announced any cases here.

Costco business center still has a freezer full of goat carcasses

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ok how much for some of your blood please?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Gearhead posted:

One bright side of this is that NOTHING in the US is as densely packed as Wuhan except for like.. NYC itself and Downtown LA. The population density of Chinese cities is staggering.

Yeah some residential communities in Wuhan are like 40,000 people living inside a square mile.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

swelp sxsw is cancelled

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

have you been eating your beans?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Further evidence that doctors can be replaced by Watson and our care handled exclusively by the healthcare professionals with knowledge and expertise: nurses

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

goons getting mad at bill maher instead of coming to the obvious conclusion that our jokes are about as funny as any other hack writer's

Get this guy outta here!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Post your favorite bidet

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

it's been really quiet in Seattle today. normally there's crowds of people yelling and cars going by my window all day on Saturday but i haven't seen more than 2 or 3 people in a group and i only see maybe a few cars every minute. kinda surreal

This surreality reminds me of New Orleans, post Katrina. As a kid I walked around the French Quarter all the time, at all hours of the day and night, and there were always people everywhere, except for the outer blocks to the north and east, and for years after Katrina, every time I visited it felt like 70% of it was totally dead and devoid of any movement most nights.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

4.28 mL/kg of vodka is a lot of goddamned vodka.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

err posted:

loving END IT ALREADY

WE FAILED

This is Hell, sir.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

MorrisBae posted:

Amazon working diligently on a cure...

https://science.slashdot.org/story/20/03/08/2150200/can-researchers-finally-cure-the-common-cold

Tech Bros thought they could increase productivity.
:capitalism:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

MorrisBae posted:

That alternative option is saran wrap

I guarantee it
21st century problems call for 21st century solutions: https://www.saniderm.com
self adhesive, purchase a 10yd roll for $45 and cut out strips to cover your nose, mouth, and eyes.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that pic of pelosi needs some word labels over things. like that lady holding her by the arm is hopefully covid-19

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

This is backwards isn't it? Normally boy is the reasonable voice and almost-dead father is playing the classic almost-dead father role.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The man’s name? Pestilence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’m sure those people are confusing the flu with a cold