Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fart simpson posted:

a guy collapsed near my apartment in shenzhen yesterday and everyone freaked out, turned out he was just falling down drunk

Tornado style beer technique strikes again>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cross species virus hopping with chinese characteristics.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

It would be funny if this influenced the Iowa caucus from all the olds having to stay in and not vote

In another tragedy white boomer tourists take the virus home to the Phoenix metro area.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TheDon01 posted:

https://twitter.com/AKpublicnews/status/1221899356963368960?s=20

Goddamn international airport, I thought i was gonna be able to dodge this one

lol if you test positive they will drive you off into the woods

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

How long will it take to infect Baghdad? 2 days
Will Trump be killed? Yes
Total chinese civillian casualties: 5000000 dead

Our Prophet Kyoon was crucified before he could spread his message to more forums.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol americans are going to be mass dying in tents and their kids are gonna get $40k bills for the privilege

imagine the line by line item for being treated in a run down lovely tent.

Tent Flap Opening Service 10k
Tent Leak Patching Service 20k

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

Tomorrow I'm wearing my woodworking mask just to gently caress with people it could just be that tbh.

Don't forget to make loud coughing sounds at work if you have a open office space and tell your co-workers you went on vacation to China.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Victory Position posted:

we're on a twice-daily register now, keep up!

The Virgin SARs vs the Chad Wuhan Coronavirus

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This looks like one of those Eric Andre subway troll videos.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hopefully the virus isn't stashing away new mutation points from these infections.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Enfys posted:

wasn't Finland the third?

The space between Finns especially at bus stop will make the virus ineffective.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

vending machine related accident killed more than Sars lol

The Virgin SARS vs the chad nCOV

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

triple sulk posted:

it's happening

It will mutate into a version of the virus that only goes after Pats fans.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

That seems like a pretty serious set of responses to me, like it's not "quarantine all of Boston" like some people want but I don't think that would necessarily be helpful

Quarantine all Pats fans just to be on the safe side

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao Trumpy is so evil for how he gutted the whole organization Obama put together and also defended various federal agencies that specialize in this type of crisis.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Enfys posted:

It's like watching a sped up sim building game.

That's really impressive.

When you you spend gold in the Civ games to insta-build new city improvements.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The SA probation concept with Chinese characteristics.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

you'd get fired if you were an american

Imagine if this happened in the US especially with all the Anti-vaxxers and CBD oil cures autism whacko running around.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Russian troll farm posted:

Part of it is law, part of it is norms. Employers violate laws all the time. What actually matter is if they think they could get away with it, or if it would be worth the potential hassle. I'm in Canada, and we have stronger labour laws than the US (though they are still routinely violated.) They could probably get away with it if they really wanted to, but I'm fairly confident that my employer wouldn't fire me for being quarantined. The risk/reward for them just doesn't really make sense.

The US has poo poo labor laws in terms of protecting employees stuck in a quarantine situation and only a small number of US states provide even basic job protection.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The regular season flu kills thousands of Americans each.

CDC has a article with some numbers:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

FMLA is so mindblowingly useless. All it says if that if you work at a job with 50+ people they can't fire you during the 12 weeks you are using it.

I had to use it recently when I was getting my brain treated and I still had to eat my PTO and then take unpaid time.

Yeah paid sick time in the US sucks vs other countries.

My company only gives 1 week of sick team, after that you have to start using vacation then unpaid time off.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well hopefully Wuhan Flu doesn't find Avian flu via WeChat then decide to hookup.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

China accusing the USA of overreacting (by putting out a travel advisory) while they're putting massive cities on total lockdown, then comparing these travel bans to the loving Holocaust, is beyond the loving pale.

But you can't be a leftist and criticize the Chinese government because apparently that makes you a support of the total shitshow that is the American government :jerkbag:

Projection with Chinese characteristics.

Those videos of waking up to find their apartment doors welded shut were something else.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz8rvIl_vY

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sincx posted:

:drat: cruises are a bad bad idea

I like the story of the diarrhea cruise in which the ship lost power and the toilets started to back up.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zil posted:

For a shitstorm or a blowing her nose?

It could be a stock photo from hurricane season in Florida.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

T-rex chases big rear end Corona virus then gently caress

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Forceholy posted:

Oh no, Switch players won't get a boring, poo poo, liberalized version Corporate New Vegas (in Space!).

I still want my $40 back.

The Outer Worlds is basically the Spacers Choice version of a RPG.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

vyst posted:

They are basically the #1 transportation pollution in the world so I'm down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKbBDKsSEic

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

61 infected but they've only tested 270 of them lmao

They should hire these people run the Nevada dem caucus!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Isn't one of the side effects of the virus getting diarrhea attacks?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1225379327082160130

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how the predicts show the peak infections are still a month away along with epicenters potentially showing up in other countries.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The supply chain disruption is going to be pretty crazy especially when it spreads other major cities or spreads to places like S Korea / Taiwan.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

we had a call center in Chongqing close last week and I expect the Shenzen one is gonna go pretty soon too

One of my co-workers had a freak-out this week since his small business sources everything from China.

Got notified that all the factories that makes parts and materials are shutting down this week.

:capitalism:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dog Toothbrush posted:

so the overwhelmed hospitals in China, all those people had pre existing pulmonary issues?

well in general the flu type virus tend to be much more lethal to people with weaker immune systems or have other pre-existing medical conditions.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's scary because it's a few with chinese characteristics.

Hence it can only be solved by Chinese response such as welding apartment doors shut or accusing medical experts of sedition / spreading disharmony.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dog Toothbrush posted:

#BelieveTrump

The Trumpian version of "Brownie, you are doing a heck of a job!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Viruses and parasites in general do not actually want to kill their host. A virus that kills its host dies too, and doesn't spread at all. That would be a pretty bad virus.

Yeah it's why Ebola will never reach global pandemic levels since it's too lethal and rapid once you get away from the animal reservoirs sources.