Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I haven't been to r/Ireland or boards.ie in years. Sounds like it was the right decision to avoid them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah but what sort of weirdo looks at the right closing ranks to disenfranchise a massive chunk of the electorate and goes "hmm yes this is the perfect system"

I mean other than a massive right winger obviously, but what normal person.

Honestly the funniest bit of phrasing is the idea of viscerally improving people's lives.

Like I get what she means but it's a funny word to use.

Perhaps she means improving some people's lives by using a guillotine on other people. :v:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Can't be that much into left wing politics if they keep allowing bargain bin Connor MacGregor back into the party.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Insert pikachu face meme here.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Any time I pass by a Gamestop I always notice just how much of it is slowly being taken over by funkopops and similar things, to the point where I wonder if it will just become a funkopops store before closing.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

:same:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

You could always just ring your GP. My GP rang my brother on Monday and he and my other brothers all went down and got their first dose, even though one of them is under 35. And they mentioned that I wasn't around so they rang me on Tuesday and I got my first dose yesterday. And there seemed to be quite a few people in their 20's getting it the same time I did. So there's a chance that they might take you on early without even having to register.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

They've been talking about putting in a Luas or light rail system in Galway for about a decade now but it never seems to go beyond that. Too busy ripping out roundabouts and replacing them with traffic junctions, only to replace those with roundabouts a few years later.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I'd chance the drive without the L plates instead of the bus.

There's been times I've been tempted to, especially when they went back to 100% capacity and students going back to school. But I've got a test in December and hopefully be able to pass it this time. Disposable masks and glasses do not make a good combo while doing the driving test, even when you use stuff to prevent them from fogging up.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

:barf:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Skull Servant posted:

The only time I was shocked to see an animal was a pheasant and that's because I assumed it would have been shot.

Reminds me of the time we were driving down this road and a pheasant with a deathwish came charging at us. We stopped in time and I had to shoo it to the side.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

Glinner gave an interview about how harassing trans people ruined his life

https://twitter.com/shartitheclown/status/1506972838712025088?s=21

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Got a couple of flyers from the National Party through my letterbox and felt like I had to wash my hands after throwing them in the bin. :frogsiren:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

There's probably a huge spike in N drivers around now from the backlog of learner drivers trying to take the test during Covid.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Leave it behind as a gift to your landlord, so they can charge the next tenant an extra couple of hundred for the privilege of having it.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Opened the tweet to get a better look at the map and caught a glimpse of the first reply of someone with a checkmark and it's pretty much what you'd expect.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I could never really get into it, or Black Books for that matter.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So, new thread title in the works?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I vaguely remember my brother being really into Shannon Minerals cream soda as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

That'd be one way to deal with Enoch Burke