Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
If this is true (saw it on Reddit), what coke are FG snorting and can I have some?

To be fair, it might describe the average FG voter. Not the average first time buyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Entropy238 posted:

So there's going to be a huge push for any party in power to have the state build houses.

Historically, FF did build social housing and won votes for life on the back of it. The only FF TD who would probably still heed that lesson is Eamon O Cuiv, the grandson of the man who got those houses built. The rest of the party hear what people are saying about housing and acknowledge it, but are so in hock to developers that Michael Martin must have felt he had to engage in constitutional snivelry to justify no rent freezes. Like, the gently caress? Would a rent freeze impinge on a landlord's Good Name by implying he is not ever-magnanimous with his tenants? Martin hosed up with that Dobson interview.

FG won't do poo poo about housing because they're the party of landlords and big money. Also, Eoghan Murphy was never a Minister for Housing, because the title is a misnomer when it comes to FF/FG. He was in effect the Minister for People with Houses and performed his duties admirably in that regard.

Currently, I'm looking to get a house in the next 3 months before FF (who are likely to form the next govt) completely price me out of a home within any reasonable distance to work in Limerick and I'm at my loving limit already. Despite living with my parents and saving a grand a month, half my net pay. Last week they were bitching about the central bank, claiming it wanted people renting forever. They're desperate for house prices to go up and in my view will try to circumvent the central bank to increase them. Govt loans, massive help to buy, whatever it takes. I don't want to live in a society where my only function in life is to go to work, bitch about the commute and listen to bitching about the commute on Newstalk, pay the landlord his exorbitant cut, because I have no choice. Pay the car insurer his loving ludicrous cut as insurance is mandatory and gently caress you the exec wants his new Audi. I don't want to be part of Generation Tenant. I never paid rent in my life and never will. gently caress you FF/FG.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 9, 2020

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Who ever gets in needs to sort out the shambles that is public transport in this country.

One extra bridge over the river Shannon north of UL would do the trick for Limerick and to be fair the plans are there. Even then it still doesn't sort out UL's problem as there will still only be two ways out Castletroy effectively for UL and J&J workers. But there's literally hundreds of objections and landlords in Castletroy get €1000 minimum a month per house.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Why not just go full Official Ireland Coalition with FF+FG+Lab and every independent they can build motorways for?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I think I'll wait until Jeffery of YOSPOS either buys lowtax out (lovely thing to pay off an abuser) to save the forums, or sets up his own offsite with better code and hookers. Bread N Roses is always there if I'm desperate. Isn't a big part of Irish forums being poo poo that the owners/mods are terrified of being sued into the ground for defamatory comments, hence you can't say poo poo about landlords or anyone thin-skinned who can afford a solicitor?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah I guess that's why they need an extra day to get their story straight as to what the actual lockdown means when it hits on Wednesday. loving clowns.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Literally everyone decided to head to the office on the one day I have to go in. Of course the person with the worst cough sits right next to me (same thing happened a month and a half ago). I'm double boosted for COVID, but haven't gotten the flu shot and have only just heard my area is inundated with RSV, whatever the gently caress that is. gently caress my life.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Why didn't you get a flu shot?

Got the COVID booster like two weeks before Christmas so didn't want to be floored around the Holiday. The boosters have given me the worst fevers of my life, but luckily I can get the flu shot today at my local pharmacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

gonadic io posted:

It's easy, simply start a national Irish health service that covers all residents in the south too.

I'm currently at the Dalkey book festival today to spend a bit of money and pretend to be bougie for a day. The latest panel mentioned yesterday's one on the housing crisis where literally everyone threw their hands up and said Better Things Aren't Possible (ofc Pat Leahy was on both). I'd imagine the same would be said for an Irish NHS.