Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Based on no real evidence I feel like there'll be another election within a year. I can see FF being the biggest party, refusing to do a coalition with either FG or SF and either failing to form a coalition with enough other parties or cobbling one together that falls apart over some stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I think the sheer weight of Dublin has an impact on the development of a traditional far-right. When your major multicultural metropolitan centre takes up half the countrys population and economy, and probably more in easy commuting distance, I think its difficult for a traditional style far-right party to take hold. Cant really make that urban elites vs silent majority argument. Plenty of room for other kinds of far right ideologies to grow though.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

For sure theres mad racism in Ireland at times and its mostly unexamined. gently caress, when I was a kid I was certainly guilty of dropping the occasional slur into conversation without a second thought. Took me far too long to realise that was bigoted, that I was being a bigot. I know a fair few folk who never seemed to realise it.