Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Did we join NATO yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

gonadic io posted:

Nah some event happened somewhere to remind people that maybe war isn't all fun and games with public spending and might in fact be bad.

It is now Ireland's official policy that Margaret Thatcher was a right oval office, announces Leo Varadkhar.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I'll be walking by his house in a bit so I'll see if there's press.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Dead as disco although there's a Hilux just up from him with camo pattern seats that made me laugh.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Who is/was Leo gonna lose re-election to anyway?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Presumably he doesn't want to preside over them getting a kicking at the polls.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Leo cares about Leo and how Leo looks to Leo. He blatantly goes no gently caress about Ew dirty poors and recently moved to my area as it is the new hotness according to people like Leo but has been massively gentrified previously by all the gay people Leo does not give a gently caress about. He is uniformly hated around here.

He gives off massive pulling ladders up energy because that is who he is, someone who makes Tory cunts look left wing.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Also his continual rules for thee but not for me gaffes are almost custom designed to make Irish people hate him.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Marenghi posted:

He may not like pints but I've heard he's big into his MDMA and rumors Meth too.
Supposedly it's an open secret in the Gay community that he's big into partying and getting off with men in their 20s.

...like most of the gay dudes I have ever met.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Countdown to headlines of ELECTORAL HARRISMENT.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Every time I see a pic I think budget Josh Hawley.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
They should supersede the previous one, yes.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
There is (was?) a minimum time to pension if you are in government. Biffo Cowan tried it with his lot. Remember his weird declaration of an election a noticeably odd bunch of days away from his declaration of same that just so happened to be the first day after those he appointed to cabinet qualified.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

PowerBeard posted:

A lot of British have taken to calling the Republic "Southern Ireland", so maybe he has a point.

Are we sending them food packages or no, this year?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Imagine wee Daniel angry at you, Majella'd be sick of your name.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
They can have the rapist oval office.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Yeah, saw that after I posted and debated doing an E: nm but I will let it stand as a monument to my hubris or idiocy.

In related news, I know a fella hates both McGregor and the Kinahan gang with a fiery passion. He claims (I genuinely don't have a reason to disbelieve him) to have had one-sided run ins with both. McGregor shat himself apparently.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Retired Commandant. I thought he was making that up initially, turns out nope, he really is. He is also responsible for more than a few of the more famous things he and his got up to. Voracious reader, taught himself Italian so he could read Il Princip in the original Italian.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Like I said, I thought he was a bullshit artist the first time I met him but some quiet asking around turns out he's the genuine article. Dunno about the McGregor/Kinahan stuff exactly but there really isn't a reason to lie about it and he absolutely loathes them, especially McGregor. He also projects "Old Man with whom you do not gently caress" energy.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
He's been officially making a bunch of claims since 2017 and telling the press to gently caress right off when they want more than his name. There's some videos on youtube and the like although his voice is so loving raspy now I only get about 10% of what he is saying in the flesh.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

happyhippy posted:

Not going to talk on behalf of everyone else, but don't mind Troubles talk in any way personally.

Speaking of which, guess who was a naughty boy back in the 70s:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/xkbwldvmb5/exposed-the-secret-army

So that's not Gerry standing beside Martin with his back to camera in a brown cord jacket looking thing as the bomb car drives off?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you wanted to be more informed before that discussion you could read Say Nothing by Patrick Radden Keeffe which I think is a good primer for non-Irish on the Troubles. But really you don't need to do homework before chatting to people, as long as you aren't too strident in your opinions

Yeah, bear in mind a lot of people had a relative beaten to death on the street in front of the RUC who did nothing except have a laugh about it. If they start getting arsey, apologise and be prepared to listen to a big, long grievance.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Oh, it bears mentioning the British government talked insane idiot poo poo for, well, pretty much the entire thing. "The IRA need help with bombs" "It's just a few people" "This is an acceptable level of violence"

See also the rebuttal "If the Orange Order want to march so badly, let's see them insist on marching through Crossmaglen."

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Ulster ignores a no?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Minerals like TK and Deasy.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Fair.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Mrenda posted:

I'd suggest "minnhrdls" but I feel like we're getting séimhiú and other forgotten Irish language alphabet territory there. Verging on Welsh level of regression.

See also pronunciations of Darren, Karen, Sharon and oranges.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Is ea.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Booze.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Really, I always thought it was a generic term for movies like someone ordering a beer in a bar.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
What happened to a pack of silvermints?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Just Another Lurker posted:

Is he sleekit bland or cold porridge bland?

He looks like Paul Ryan, a set of elbows wearing Daddy's suit, sitting at the adult table, pretending to everyone his feet reach the ground.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
We have creepy Dastmalchian at home.jpeg

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
...Leo is a what?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Marenghi posted:

The whole family aren't well in the head.

There'll always be Peacocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I use Free tube now and have done for months. No ads, no fascism.