Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Smarxist the rhizzone has a superior aesthetic to your website can you spice up the presentation a little bit? You don't have to do rhizzone's psudo-hipserrunnoff look but something to give the site an identify beyond "SA offsite".

we have a whole custom theme being built right now but its gonna take a week or so to complete, this is just xenforo's theme with some color and other tweaks

i'm also trying to recruit jonny290 to make yospos style sheets to harbor the yosposters who are dipping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

k

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna wait for the app.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what IS a good identity for a forum nowadays. What you guys going with

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jose posted:

You loving suck op and don't talk for cspam

Go back to gbs

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
i have a new lover, cspam, her name is xenforo 2.0, and we dont even talk about you

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

the stylesheet is a bit plain, take some inspiration from the special stylesheets that some subs here have had, maybe pink-based because the name is "bread and roses" and there and white and red roses (white + red = pink)

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Good soup! posted:

gonna post on both :ninja:

:emptyquote:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are you allowed to try to start fights with people

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for a friend. . .

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al ! posted:

i mean sure you fuckin marks can keep on hanging out on the forum where you have to give bad spineman 5 bucks to put a picture next to ur posts but im gonna be over there

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm gonna wait for the app.

this is your home anyway

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

what IS a good identity for a forum nowadays. What you guys going with

it's honestly open wilderness imo

i think institutional level soc media and timeline soc media have hit their limits and there won't be another "flavor of the month" style site like how livejournal begat facebook begat myspace begat twitter begat etc. etc.

i think there's a kinda diaspora happening where people want more control over the community and more inclusiveness to their ideals/principles, and I think forums have ALWAYS fostered that better than timeline social media, so that's kinda where we're at

what comes next? I DUNNO! whatever the community wants, whatever good ideas people have that others agree with to the point that we can implement them.

lastgirl had a fun idea for a posting PVP thunderdome, where you can debate funny situations or serious topics and use your posting prowess to convince the crowd to declare you the winner, we might do poo poo like that

edit:
i also think the zoomers are just going to be funneled inexorably into nihilistic style "i'm the star and the brand!" type end-game neoliberal identity acceleration poo poo like tiktok

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chat for gamers

I have a feeling this is not a full explanation

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think you are going to need a steady supply of hayseed morons and weirdos to do battle with and defeat or people are gonna know too much about each other and get mad in serious ways.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nova88 posted:

the stylesheet is a bit plain, take some inspiration from the special stylesheets that some subs here have had, maybe pink-based because the name is "bread and roses" and there and white and red roses (white + red = pink)

It's only been up for like, a day. And it already looks great imho. Style is not a top priority but it's being worked on as I understand it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Temaukel posted:

It's only been up for like, a day. And it already looks great imho. Style is not a top priority but it's being worked on as I understand it.

Whoosh

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pink would be a problematic color as a style sheet for obvious reasons IMO, and would doom the forum with the original sin of irony.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

can you bring me a hot cross bun back from your smokes trip ty

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nova88 posted:

Lol

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

I think you are going to need a steady supply of hayseed morons and weirdos to do battle with and defeat or people are gonna know too much about each other and get mad in serious ways.

what do you think this thread is for anyway

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

smarxist posted:

lastgirl had a fun idea for a posting PVP thunderdome, where you can debate funny situations or serious topics and use your posting prowess to convince the crowd to declare you the winner, we might do poo poo like that

that sounds dire

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not good at getting jokes :shrug:
Actually, not thinking instantly of FYAD when I hear the word pink is a good sign

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
the major briggs speech about bobbys future but its about bread n roses

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Nova88 posted:

that sounds dire

well if this nazi gamer guy doesnt like it better scrap the idea

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist posted:

lmao that's the worst loving idea I ever heard

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

smarxist posted:

Hi mods, please ban me you bootlicking thugs!

I love CSPAM and because of that I'm doing my best to save it from the completely lovely junkyard that it sprang from before the literal child-brained owner flushes either the community here, or the entire website down the toilet

the events that occurred on the night of the stream with the "livebans" were really beyond the pale and basically killed any appetite I had to post here or spend money here, at the behest of a nazi chud peanut gallery, a man in his 40's banned some of my favorite people from their favorite place and seriously upset them, if you can countenance that poo poo, be my guest

i've been workin' hard (thank you!) to capture as many disaffected, displaced and banned posters as I can, and have literally hundreds trickling into the new hotness.

so come check us out!
:siren: https://breadnroses.club/register/ :siren:

if you register with your SA account name, I can track you down and approve you (we're doing manual approvals for now) and you can come check out the new joint, which despite being a work in progress is already REALLY loving solid.

if you can't be bothered, or if all of this is "dumb online bullshit" or you don't care, then I bid you good posting friend, it was nice making content with you!

hasta siempre,
Smarxist

I tried to register but got denied. What the hell? I just want to joke about politics..

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm down for it if I can try to convince people that Fate is a pervert game for losers even if lots of people including women like it.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

gh0stpinballa posted:

honestly i have only been on SA 6 months but i never notice this drama. i think it is best to split your time between here and another online outlet. for example, i mix in some twitter to give myself a bit of variety. my advice, become so brain poisoned you are numb to it all.

also it's important to post goatse

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

smarxist posted:

if you don't care you'd say nothing, do you go into every thread about something you don't care about and post k? :confused:

edit:

and if you do have more thoughts, share them!

I like to post, so some of my posts don't have much substance.

Well my thoughts are that I don't understand why you're being so antagonistic about all this.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Temaukel posted:

Actually, not thinking instantly of FYAD when I hear the word pink is a good sign

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lmao that's the worst loving idea I ever heard

this is two votes in the ideas favor lol

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

Well my thoughts are that I don't understand why you're being so antagonistic about all this.

Smarxist is giving us a live preview of the moderation style, and for that I thank them.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

what

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Al ! posted:

well if this nazi gamer guy doesnt like it better scrap the idea

i'll have you know i'm not a nazi, if you're referring to the 88 in my username, it's because when I registered "Nova" was already taken, and I took the lazy route to make it unique by adding numbers on, and I genuinely didn't know about the negative connotations at the time cause I was only like 15 and politically naive.

if you can think of a better username feel free to buy me one, i'm not thrilled about it either. Same with the avatar, it's a lame gamer one from the same era.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Who What Now posted:

I think for a lot of people lowtax is too pathetic and embarrassing to associate with, not to mention the mods, IKs, haters, losers, ect.

I'm personally of the opinion that being antagonistic is fun

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Good luck with your offsite

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

:hai:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Nova88 posted:

i'll have you know i'm not a nazi, if you're referring to the 88 in my username, it's because when I registered "Nova" was already taken, and I took the lazy route to make it unique by adding numbers on, and I genuinely didn't know about the negative connotations at the time cause I was only like 15 and politically naive.

if you can think of a better username feel free to buy me one, i'm not thrilled about it either

Nova69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Where's the goatman