Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Since noone else has chimed in I vote for team 21 to be called team Ross Perot cuz i care as much about this sunday as i did when this man ran for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do not even ask posted:

Team 5 is going to Pokemon GO over the ropes and get eliminated.

:(

Team 5 is the most qualified team in the history of the Royal Rumble and our victory is assured!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Do not even ask posted:

Team 5 is going to Pokemon GO over the ropes and get eliminated.

:(

you're the one who said you weren't my friend, not me

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

chalres c pinkeye

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Team 25 nominates Gen. George B. McClellan, a man who served with distinction while leading Union forces until Lincoln decided he was Always Bad and ruined his military career and political aspirations for good.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

If it please my teammates and the esteemed Mr. Macintyre, I would like #14 to be named after John Kerry, who received my very first Presidential vote when I was too young to know better and had a lot more faith in the ~system~ than I do now

Team John Kerry: It isn’t that great, necessarily, but it could still be a whole lot worse

so, so much worse

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sure that works, I don't think I could possibly be less interested in this show so Mondale is perfect.

Heck yeah

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
#26 here! Alf Landon may've lost in a landslide, but that's not gonna be our fate!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Team 12 is officially Team R-Money, in honor of failed 2012 candidate Willard Mitt Romney.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

SalTheBard posted:

History of team #7

1988 - Jim Burnzell 12:06
1989 - Jake Roberts 2:08
1990 - The Warlord 8:16
1991 - Saba Simba 2:07
1992 - Tito Santana 13:55
1993 - Jerry Lawler 1:56
1994 - Diesel 17:41
1995 - Tom Prichard 5:30
1996 - Jake Roberts 14:39
1997 - Jake Roberts 1:10
1998 - 8-Ball 30:43
1999 - Steve Blackman 7:22
2000 - Steve Blackman 0:44
2001 - Raven 8:51
2002 - Billy 3:37
2003 - Chavo Guerrero 7:10
2004 - Matt Hardy 14:18
2005 - Edge 40:19
2006 - Jonathan Coachman 0:30
2007 - Sabu 5:28
2008 - Tommy Dreamer 2:09
2009 - HHH 50:00
2010 - Zack Ryder :32
2011 - John Morrison 13:24
2012 - Mick Foley 6:34
2013 - Titus O'Neil 7:30
2014 - Jack Swagger 12:24
2015 - The Boogeyman :47
2016 - Kane 19:07
2017 - Braun Strowman 13:11
2018 Men - Andrade "Cien" Almas 29:24
2018 Women - Tamina 1:34
2019 Men - Jinder Mahal :30
2019 Women - Billie Kay 9:25

Total Time for Men - 5:54:02
Average Time for #7 - 11:04
Winners from #7 - 0

Total time for Women - 10:59
Average Time for #7 - 5:30
Winners from #7 - 0

I've got a good feeling!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

#5 has only ever been the winning number once... but it was in 1997 when Stone Cold Steve Austin won! That's right, the greatest wrestler in WWE history is OUR number, Team 5. Surely we're due another!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Team 28 needs the spirit of a Bull Moose to win, so our team will be named Teddy Roosevelt.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
If it pleases the court, I'd like to submit as Team 22's namesake, the most innocent man who ever ran for President: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaXxLbjxdZI

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
I nominate for Team 9 - Thomas Dewey:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Numbers that don't have a winner:

4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, and 26

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
For number 4 I nominate Charles Evans Hughes

The favorite to win against Woodrow Wilson, the divide left by Theodore Roosevelt’s 3rd party candidacy proved too much for Hughes to overcome. He still had quite a career though—he was on the Supreme Court twice, once before (and during) his presidential candidacy, and then later as Chief Justice. He also had stints as Governor of New York, and Secretary of State.

Faarky
Jan 29, 2009
Team 2... are they going to send a jobber out to feed Brock, or set up a big fight right from the start....

We need a name that says "enhancement talent" and "beat Brock Lesner at the Rumble" at the same time

Team 2 is Rufus King

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
edit: poo poo beaten nvm

Shawn Cotureier fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 25, 2020

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Jerusalem posted:

#5 has only ever been the winning number once... but it was in 1997 when Stone Cold Steve Austin won! That's right, the greatest wrestler in WWE history is OUR number, Team 5. Surely we're due another!

But it is Team Hillary Clinton....so #5 will ignore Wisconsin and Michigan!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

For number 16, I'm gonna go ahead and select my home state boy Robert LaFollette, Progressive Party candidate in 1924.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

But it is Team Hillary Clinton....so #5 will ignore Wisconsin and Michigan!

Our victory is so assured we can afford to ignore them!

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

On team Brock. Huh. Well maybe he can join the likes of HBK and [redacted] to have winned from the one spot.

Suggestions for team one name? George McGovern?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm tired of drew mcintyre's hard work going to waste with his threads getting "troll stickied" so that no one will read them.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

RIP Team 2. The worst slot.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Cavauro posted:

i'm tired of drew mcintyre's hard work going to waste with his threads getting "troll stickied" so that no one will read them.

thank you. there are too many stickied threads. why is that Combat Sports thread stickied, get rid of it, i say.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This thread is stickied for visibility, if you don't think that's helpful I'll unstick it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think it's fine here, i just have a personal grudge against the Combat Sports thread.

i thought it was interesting that there were two or three people that did not see the thread for 24 days but saw the roulette thread itself and were sad they missed it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Our victory is so assured we can afford to ignore them!

this made me laugh but then it also made me sad

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Team 10 won last year so it's a statistical certainty we win again this year, nothing can possiblay go wrong !

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry about my messing around from earlier. stickying was a good idea and a nice move from the big mod.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Even though you're an Evil Team 13 rather than a Noble Team 5, I still think well of you Cavauro.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Team number 13 is all of the worst bastards in the world getting what they deserve

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Drew McIntyre has not said yes or no so I am taking the silence as a yes and am therefore considering myself an honorary member of Team 19.

As far as missing the thread, I just forgot that the Rumble was coming up as I don't watch WWE anymore, and I don't really go to subforums just to threads I've bookmarked. Then I remembered the Rumble was this weekend and came to join the thing but was too late.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i don't know what your question was, but i cannot officially add anyone to a team. you can unofficially join a team if you want, using a random number generator, or by simply picking a number of your choice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Join Team 13

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
something to consider, is waiting until the match is over, and then joining the team that won. personally i think this would rob you of much of the excitement, and that "winning" in this fashion would be a hollow victory.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Claiming William Howard Taft for team 17 since I did a report on him in 4th grade

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Drew McIntyre posted:

i don't know what your question was, but i cannot officially add anyone to a team. you can unofficially join a team if you want, using a random number generator, or by simply picking a number of your choice.

this is fine. I used a random number generator and got 9, but then somebody from team 19 invited me to join their team since I was late. I will cheer for both numbers.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lid posted:

Team Horatio Seymour

In his 1941 book about the defeated presidential candidates, They Also Ran, Irving Stone mentioned how Seymour was one of America's greatest statesmen. Stone theorized that Seymour would have been "one of the most farsighted and creative of American presidents." He also believed that Seymour's gentle character made him the "most logical figure in the country to bind the wounds of the war and wipe out the bitterness...."

“The merit of our Constitution was, not that it promotes democracy, but checks it.”

After listening to thousands of pleas for pardon to offenders, I can hardly recall a case where I did not feel that I might have fallen as my fellow man had done, if I had been subjected to the same demoralizing influences and pressed by the same temptations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know if it is sad or perfectly in keeping with the man himself that nobody has chosen Salmon Chase for a team name.