Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Sachant posted:

That is bizarre. Why does it do that?

Plot.

Guess I missed out on the clover then. :( (also my computer exploded on monday and I haven't been able to play since, send help)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Sachant posted:

That is bizarre. Why does it do that?

This game is bad decisions city.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
You could always co-op with someone who still have their skates. Apparently it's a way to make big bux according to the Discord.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose
So is there no way to go back to previous islands?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I am addicted to breeding stupid octopus and tadpole guys

Edit also I wish this was in the games forum cause it's about as much of an mmo as Warframe or destiny is

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 31, 2020

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
Just so everyone knows:

Four Leaf Clover needs to be equipped to a Temtem and only works on cards thrown on their turn- It's not as important as you'd think because an argument could be made that having -20% to a type could leave you longer before you need to return and heal up. It's really going to depend what you have and what you're trying to get.

But yeah, grab it if you can, but if you don't have it- don't stress too much I've been using it only sometimes.

Mjolnerd posted:

So is there no way to go back to previous islands?

You just need to finish the quests, I believe it's the repair the airship quest chain.

hobocrunch fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 31, 2020

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah. After that you can go talk to some other airship captain and go back.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I agree - ask a mod to move this to Games. The game is good enough that a thread on it should be getting better traction. It's not really an MMO, less so than a lot of things there, and something like a goon guild isn't possible in its current iteration.

Personally the biggest draw for me is the game's look and color palette. Weird thing to get attached to but the monsters and grind are not particularly compelling, where I'm happy to see a new area or talk to new NPCs and see the side quests.

Game is tops for genderqueer people where the male and female model are practically identical and you can then choose he/she/they pronouns. A very minor thing for most but a big barrier for certain people getting more than a few minutes in.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
New patch made the clover accessible without skates and moved some spawn zones so that there are no places you need skates to catch stuff.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Hello friends please welcome to your new home in Games!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Reene posted:

Hello friends please welcome to your new home in Games!

Thank you nice cat lady

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
My girlfriend and I have been playing this game for a few days now and we're absolutely hooked, just got our first ocearas last night (mine's trash :smith:)

fake edit: gently caress sparzy

Lokee fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 1, 2020

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I want a pure electric type that doesn't look like a creepy alien minion please.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
The good news is such a Temtem exists in development, the bad news is that it's unavailable in the game currently in any form:

https://temtem.gamepedia.com/Ampling

Of course you can't catch a Sparzy right now either, so gotta make do with hybrid Electric types like Ganki.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Been playing this over the last week, and it's great. Bred a perfect Bunbun and ran into a luma Lapinite while grinding DEF TVs.
It's got tons of potential, definitely one to keep an eye on if you like these kinds of games. A bit limited on content at the moment, but there's still about 30 hours of story, and endless luma (shiny) or perfect stats grinding.

Also, if you're on the official discord, come hang out in the Spoiler channel, it's about 300% better than the others for some reason.

Edit: Oh yeah, and a hot tip for the third island: There's about 10k worth of items in the buckets in the prison there. You can also find stuff in a lot of trash cans in random houses.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 1, 2020

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The #backers room in the official discord is pretty chill too, if you have access to that.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
My terrible secret is after playing for about 20 hours, i'm not sure i'm hooked enough for endless stat grinding and competitive PvP, but I certainly do want to get through all the story content currently and eventually.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
What's it mean if the screen starts dimming with a purple vignette? I'm near a rare? Effect only lasts half a second.

edit: Oh, maybe it just means my Temtem is poisoned. I thought that'd go away after a fight ends.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
^^ exactly what it means.

I got a luma early on and love this game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i know it's not as exciting as adding new mons, character customization, or areas, but have the devs said anything about expanding movepools going forward? my biggest complaint with the game as it is now (i haven't engaged in the breeding endgame so I can't comment on that) is that it feels like there isn't nearly a big enough variety of moves. the vast majority of things feel like they exist on a sliding scale of damage/priority/stamina, and if it isn't that it's a stat buff.

unless I'm mistaken there aren't currently anything like pokemon's terrain/weather/room moves that have larger battle-wide effects, or moves that raise your stats or inflict a status while dealing damage, or switch out the user, etc.. I'm not asking for a mirror of every single effect in pokemon but right now things feel very dry and it's really hard to get excited for leveling up after a tem evolves because basically every move is boring.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Countblanc posted:

i know it's not as exciting as adding new mons, character customization, or areas, but have the devs said anything about expanding movepools going forward? my biggest complaint with the game as it is now (i haven't engaged in the breeding endgame so I can't comment on that) is that it feels like there isn't nearly a big enough variety of moves. the vast majority of things feel like they exist on a sliding scale of damage/priority/stamina, and if it isn't that it's a stat buff.

unless I'm mistaken there aren't currently anything like pokemon's terrain/weather/room moves that have larger battle-wide effects, or moves that raise your stats or inflict a status while dealing damage, or switch out the user, etc.. I'm not asking for a mirror of every single effect in pokemon but right now things feel very dry and it's really hard to get excited for leveling up after a tem evolves because basically every move is boring.

In what sense? The game is an MMO so the entire thing is going to be changed a lot- From new additions to balance changes and removals.

If you're specifically wondering if your favorite Tem with 95 SPATK and zero access to SPATK moves is going to get changed in a month. You can assume probably not.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I've been watching some https://www.twitch.tv/temtemarena and it's pretty interesting and has really expanded my understanding of how high level fights play out. Setting up your tems for speed really lets you gently caress over other players best laid plans.

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018
Is there way to report people? I saw dude named Hotdawg water and his tems were named Niqqa, Niqqer and Birdniqqa. Filth like that should eat hammer.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
AFAIK the only way to report bad names at the moment is by using this thread on the official forums https://www.playtemtem.com/forums/threads/report-offensive-inappropriate-player-names-here.2948/

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018

Eminai posted:

AFAIK the only way to report bad names at the moment is by using this thread on the official forums https://www.playtemtem.com/forums/threads/report-offensive-inappropriate-player-names-here.2948/

Thanks did atleast that.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Sorry if this has been asked, but when do I get my gear back after loosing it on the third island? Is it just a matter of doing the main quest?

Roll of Quarters
Jan 7, 2012

you'll get the surfboard back but not the skates

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Roll of Quarters posted:

you'll get the surfboard back but not the skates

Fuckers...

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

trunkh posted:

Fuckers...

They changed it so you don't need the skates for the item from the Aqua dungeon, as well as moved most of the spawns in the volcano outside, so you aren't missing out on much.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

They changed it so you don't need the skates for the item from the Aqua dungeon, as well as moved most of the spawns in the volcano outside, so you aren't missing out on much.

Apologist nonsense.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I miss my skates and my op chain lightning. RIP nessla, I will always remember you.

I reached the end of the content and I can't see what quests I have left, so I guess it's just breeding and catching whatever my dex has decided I'm missing for now until the next patch!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Wait what happened with Nessla? If they broke it I'll have even less reason to come back after burning out hard from the insane grind.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Morglon posted:

Wait what happened with Nessla? If they broke it I'll have even less reason to come back after burning out hard from the insane grind.

I think there was a bug where starting chain lightning on an enemy with a weakness would boost the damage for everything down the chain, making chain lightning too effective.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Chain lightning does a lot, lot less damage now, and heals less too. (it was doing 2x damage on the second hit, rather than half damage, or something)

I think they also stopped it breaking bounces if it hits you and you heal from it, so it goes through to the other thing in your party if you hit a single/right? That might've been a bug they fixed already.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 11, 2020

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
And they keep making the game grindier and grindier. Super. There's now a new area that only lets you use special cards that expire in a week and get more expensive the more you buy in a week oh and also shiny rate went down by a third. Also something about breeding that I don't actually know what it does but it sounds bad.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
On the other hand, if you want a luma Barnshe or the Piss Horse, they are about 12x easier to encounter in the new Saipark than in their normal areas this week.
The Saipark card price is fair honestly, at least this week. You are only really supposed to use them for lumas, so you won't need more than 5 (or 10 to be sure you won't run out), though we'll see how they handle it when they run SV boosted or Egg move tems there.

As for the telemore hack change. I am pretty sure it was mostly done because people were running multiple accounts and superboosting certain lumas into max stats with the telemores you get through the story. If you have 0 fert it doesn't do anything anyway, so I expect them to change it again at a later date.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I have been farming the same luma for weeks. I still haven't gotten it. Now it's harder. Great.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Hopefully they'll listen to the reaction and ease off on the grind a bit. They'll definitely have a chance to, since apparently Temtem has sold over 500,000 copies. They also announced that an external Roadmap is being assembled so we'll have a better idea of what's coming down the pipe in the future.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Somehow I doubt they'll reverse course. So far they've only made the game grindier with every or at least every other update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
They finally posted their short term roadmap about an hour ago!
https://crema.gg/temtem/content-roadmap/