Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Bruceski posted:

I enjoyed that due to the limited range of the scope he first scanned the end of that room in the one spot where it couldn't reach the hole.

My internal monologue was just endless screaming at that point. Troll room indeed. Should be interesting to see how the next area goes since a major upgrade stored there takes some poking around to find.

Let's Play Super Metroid Blind: In space the LPer can't hear you scream
or
Let's Play Super Metroid Blind: Break sequencing the sequence break with parkour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Once this run is all done everyone please take a moment to watch a Super Metroid Reverse Boss Order run. It's :psyduck: the whole freaking time for the person watching it just as it is for the person playing it.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Grats on completing the run!

Regarding Phantoon: It'll disappear and do the sweeping attack sequence if Samus exceeds a certain damage threshold with a single attack. Super missiles go over that threshold while normal missiles don't which is why speed runners prefer to use normal missiles followed by a single super finisher. On top of this they also go for a "doppler" technique where they'll fire missiles while running to stack them causing Phantoon to swallow a lot more hits in a single pass than it otherwise normally would.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Geemer posted:

I was so happy when Super Metroid disappeared from GDQ for a while because of a runner having meltdown.
But now that it's back, it's also got its lovely save/kill donation incentive that makes it impossible to watch any run scheduled before (or sometimes even directly after) Super Metroid without every single donation being read out ending with "and of course ... the animals", making them excruciating to watch.

Marathon drama shelved Super Metroid? I thought it was because they ran out of gimmicks to do with it. What happened?