Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Honestly, the 2D entry I like the least is ZM and by lesser extension AM2R, due entirely to how twitchy they are to control, and frankly, along with Fusion, an overreliance on the Speed Booster/Shinespark for puzzles. Zero Mission also just falls apart structurally after beating Mother Brain for me.

It’s not even that I hate the Speed Booster either, but Shinespark puzzles are such a loving slog when they’re the only puzzle you do in the end game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Geemer posted:

Needing to melee counter every single enemy if you wanted to not spend an eternity filling them up with plasma because they take roughly no damage unless stunned, even for throwaway enemies.

That's my main beef with it, at least. Otherwise it's a lot of fun. The bossfights (yes, all of them) are kinda meh, though.

Eh, the boss fights were easily the best part of the game for me on SR (aside from the Grapple Beam being given some much needed love)if you ice punch or missile enemies there’s almost zero need for waiting to melee counter also.