Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Dash Rendar posted:

Is it possible to get to the Maridia boss without any mobility upgrades? That would be glorious to watch. Instant gold.

The most recent GDQ had a kaizo hack of Super Metroid, and they mention one of the changes was adding blocks to a certain room to make it possible. The one with the floaty fish you can grapple beam. Other than that one room though, they were suitless, and only had High jump for mobility.

My most recent playthrough had an 'oops' moment where I used wall jumping to get Wave Beam, opened Crocomire before getting speed booster, then had to bomb-jump my way out because I couldn't get grapple beam.

Elfface fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Congrats on collecting the Spazer after the high=jump boots, and so missing an opportunity to wall-jump kinda-sequence-break.

And my theory on what happens to Samus' power-ups is that after stealing hyper-technology made by now-extinct super-geniuses (who lost/purposely destroyed all their notes?) them from sealed orbs in shrines, she swims/slowly walks in lava, get bashed by giant claws, shot with lasers, electrocuted, irradiated, fired out of giant cannons and generally beat up in several ways. Frankly, she's lucky they survive to the end of the mission, and there's nobody left alive who knows how to fix them.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yaay, wave beam sequence break! See spoilers in an earlier post of mine for more details on why it's tricky, but since the dynamic duo are heading back to Brinstar, they shouldn't be able to skip anything important.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If he'd been further left, the bomb's flash would have revealed the hole too, right? On account of layers?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's fun seeing people experience stuff for the first time that we remember well.

And seeing them forget about tricks they just learned and places they haven't been since acquiring things.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Now that you have the wall-jump reward, there is nothing, not even optional, you have to use it for.

There are optional things you need to shine spark for, but nothing mandatory.

(Quick, make stuff up, he'll have no idea)

If you moonwalk off a ledge, you can do the mega-drop. It's only really for speed runs.

Samus' charge beam has hidden powers.

There's a trick with power bombs called the Crystal Flash that will help in a pinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ah, the back way into Croc. Glad you didn't stumble into there afer wave beam without power bombs or ice beam. That can be painful.