Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
With ten minutes sunk into the game you are already insultingly better at wall-jumping than I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

I also got confused, way back in the day, when the game started throwing enemies at me that I couldn't hurt, and needed to shoot at from certain directions or with certain weapons.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Still expecting to see Nat20 wall jump his way into a situation he shouldn't be in.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

I'm proud of you pulling off a major sequence break getting the wave beam. But your attempts at wall jumping everything are still frustrating.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

I absolutely forgot that miniboss was even a thing.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

I keep getting irrationally angry with Nat20 whenever he blames the game designers for his own inability to get the hang of something millions of other people can do with no issues, despite the face that I do the exact same thing all the time with this same game.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Really, based on all of Nat20's complaints about this game, clearly Fusion is the ideal game for him to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

My personal issue was the extreme damage enemies did. Even regular garbo enemies did stupidly huge amounts of damage, much less bosses who could easily drain an E-Tank a hit. The shear amount of damage output was not helped by how stingy the game was with E-Tanks, and the end result was that I died way more in Samus Returns than any other Metroid game. Moreover many of my deaths felt unfair, the combination of ultra high damage for even a scrape and extremely durable major enemies and bosses (god help you if you aren't parrying everything ever) made big fights a slog, and this is a remake of Metroid 2 where the game is BUILT on fighting boss tier enemies to progress. And it's clear to me this was absolutely a deliberate ongoing design decision considering that immediately after the area you got the Varia suit enemy damage output doubled so there was functionally no change in survivability, and before you wonder enemy damage does indeed double again after the Gravity suit.

Shoutouts also to the Power Bomb boss for being the ascension of this problem, the boss did stupid high damage with a twitchy and obnoxious hitbox and it was real easy to take collision damage doing what you needed to do to hurt him, and of course collision damage was some 80 energy at a point where your energy max was something like 700.

Ultimately I just found that the game was not fun to play. Metroid Prime may have incredibly bullet spongey enemies, but at the very least they aren't eating an Energy Tank every time you take a poke.

This man summed it up better than I ever could.