Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh noooooooooooooooooooo

He got spazer and ice beam

oh dear

OH DEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I will say a re-release would improve the experience if you could take notes on the map. and if the map showed door connectors.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh no.

Oh no

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

This is as much a sequence break as going into the wrecked frigate as early as possible in Metroid Prime is: it's certainly inadvisable and won't get you far (at least in Prime you get an E-Tank, I forget what kind of goodies you might get early here), but it's very much allowed by the items you have available to you at that point, and there's no immediate reason why you'd think "oh no this is clearly the wrong way". After all, water doesn't kill you.

Unless you engage in shenanigans, there is nothing to really get here without the gravity suit, well except for the maridia map I guess. All the items are just out of reach and you're also trapped in floaty platforming hell.
To be honest, that super missile gate is a loving dick and the reason I think this area has genuinely bad design. Forcing players to do a loop while having to move and platform at like 50% speed is cruel.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I actually found missiles to be pretty useless, with the notable exception of the final few bosses.

Super Missiles are the poo poo though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fusion indeed. That was when connecting rooms started to be shown and the circles-and-dots POIs implemented.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The bigger issue is that previously those plants have been shown to do damage so the sign-posting in this room goes against the sign-posting the game has previously established.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

With the Gravity Suit you can get almost everywhere in the game now