Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
During my trip through Europe my go-to video to describe AFL was Nick Riewoldt's mark running with the ball against Sydney and it was much beloved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
What is the reason for women's games being so low scoring? Do they play a different style? Admittedly I haven't seen much of it.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

quote:

The Tigers ran out to ABBA's "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" for the start of the second half, and the vocal Richmond contingent could be forgiven for rewriting the next line to "a goal after half-time"

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Who are the captains? I can't find this.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

thepokey posted:

If the season gets called off after the first game of the year and Richmond lose, we can count that as a wooden spoon right?
well technically they'd be 9th

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

This is dumb and shouldn't be happening.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

It feels like AFLX. I don't even care who wins.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

You know, I'm just going far Carlton actually. None of this is real. Who cares.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

realbez posted:

The advice they’ve received from doctors is that they are no more likely to get the virus playing a round like this than sitting at home with their families anyway.
That sounds like awful advice to me, who paid these docs off.

Just seems like basic math that being around 1-4 family members makes you safer than being around 60+ players, assistants, Richo etc. in a close contact capacity.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 20, 2020

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I thought it was another reference to the dark timeline.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Not gonna stay silent through all this CR bashing while Bounty gets a free ride.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Countdown to Eddie McGuire apologizing for remarks.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Christmas granny would own.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Along with the piped in crowds the players should cut promos between quarters

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Looking forward to Lowtax's next job calling games on Channel 7!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

monolithburger posted:

More good news, I hope they nail the pricks to the wall.

https://twitter.com/ESPNAusNZ/status/1276337971017297920
This is whitewashing and infuriating but I don't understand what law they're breaching. In Andrew Bolt's case he was caught telling specific lies that showed he was arguing in bad faith. These guys appear to be misrembering the event (because they're racist and ignorant).

Lol anyway at the interpretation he was saying "We have heart" by pointing below his sternum.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Yeah it seems pretty cut and dry and oh boy oh boy BT is nauseating.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Nathan Brown sweating big time on that gambling ad.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I'm just pleased to see the Blues becoming serious again. I miss the Richmond rivalry.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

realbez posted:

What’s with those ages
I think they mean he's at least eight in the photo and at least 20 now (leap year rules).

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

drunkill posted:

Only took 123 years but a draw has taken place ob every day of the week.

https://twitter.com/js_kay/status/1293511351508193281?s=19

nice

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

We normal respectful Tigers fans exist I swear :negative:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I'm glad we'll get Saints or Dogs and not Pies or Eagles next week.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Fun game.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Some dirty and whiny players + coach (Cotch, Lynch, Riewoldt, Vlaustin) and we naturally cop more for being top dog the last few years. Apparently our fans are the worst but I think that's probably just a numbers thing, every team has poo poo fans.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I also think Collingwood and Richmond are just historically the most reviled sides, maybe Essendon too.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The groping thing is bad but that's obviously a league-wide issue that speaks to pervasive toxicity in male footy clubs. Richmond just exemplified it in those instances. I'm not defending it at all.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I swear Hardwick was actually one of the better coaches personality-wise up to the 2017 win. I can't recall anything lovely from him before then and I liked his pressers and ability to admit faults.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Yay!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

sudo rm -rf posted:

are marks hard to get? it seemed like port was batting down passes they could have caught within the Richmond 50m line area
It had been raining so the ball was slippery.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

realbez posted:

The fan is facing a ban from the Adelaide Oval after an investigation was launched
Poor kid.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I think Richmond are gonna break down Geelong by early in the 4th like they typically do. I hope Carlton Draught release another Richmond beer.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Can't help feeling for Ablett there.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

thepokey posted:

BT in fine form tonight. First mistaking GAJ’s shoulder injury for a leg injury, now mistaking a security guard for a field invader.
tbf I thought the same of the guard

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Martin's a freak

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Martin pls

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Ablett looked messed up at the end there

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Martin might be the PR choice for Norm but the right choice too

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

This has been an eventful game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Thanks Tiggies