Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Somebody I know was talking about how good Raging Loop was so I bought it. I didn't realize it was literally the werewolf forum game turned into a VN. It actually wasn't that bad until it got to the ending though. It turns into an incoherent, contradictory mess at that point, and expects you to play a bunch of extra chapters to explain the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Since people are talking about Raging Loop and I can't be bothered to play all the extra scenarios myself. Does the game ever explain what Meiko's deal is. I love how at the end of the game Fusaishi thinks a very young girl disappearing is ok, and somehow things will turn out alright for her.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Archer666 posted:

I woke up after my usual vacation bender with a copy of DRAMAtical Murder installed and ready to go... so I guess I'm give that a try, despite not knowing anything about it except its BL and the art looks cool.

I might be wrong, but I think that's the one where a person fucks their dog. Don't get angry at me if I got the details wrong, all I know about it is people talking about it in an IRC channel.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

The ending is what kind of ruined Raging Loop for me. It felt like there was massive plot holes, and it left a bunch of plot threads hanging. I know some of that stuff was probably explained in the extra stuff, but I feel like it should have been dealt with in the narrative. I especially like how a little girl wanders off in the middle of nowhere, but our protagonist thinks that she will be perfectly okay and she can handle herself. (Yes, I know she is a cameo from some other game)

It just felt like they wanted a rational explanation for everything, but still wanted the player to believe something supernatural beyond the time loop was going on.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah, the old Higurashi was good. (aside from the terrible OVAs.)

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Julias posted:

Hey, I got Raging Loop for the Switch on sale. I know practically nothing about it. Is there anything I should know beforehand that could help me while playing it?

No, its a pretty standard VN gameplay wise, and it gives you hints about how to get to the next path.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

There is also the issue of off-site patches which are quite common. Even if all the content that can be directly downloaded from steam is fine, there might be a patch full of bad content out there including underage/under-age looking characters. Since the patch doesn't necessarily need to be released when the game comes out, they probably don't want to constantly police the potentially more iffy games.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Kai is incredibly boring in DaSH because while he is invested in the story, he basically lost all of his personality. He is more interesting in Robotic Notes because he is a little poo poo that doesn't want to get involved, and his arc is him actually starting to care and put in the effort.

Kai being such a nothing character might be one of the reasons why they made the terrible decision of having Daru in the sequel. (Although that introduces the problem of having an adult hang out with a bunch of High Schoolers)

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 19, 2022

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I'm most interested in the translation quality for Anonymous;Code. Their last few releases have been pretty bad...

I think at this point, they just rely on Committee of Zero to fix their poo poo. They don't even bother to implement mouse support for their PC ports. (although they also just could not care.)

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Arist posted:

Anonymous;Code has been out for about... forty-five minutes on Steam, and I'm impressed with the effort put into it from what I've seen thus far. Even besides all the base work they put into giving it a full dub, the onscreen popups have all been fully translated and even the text below the logo on the title screen makes sense instead of being garbled nonsense English like in all the other (unpatched) SciAdv games. I also heard elsewhere that the translator did consult with the Committee of Zero for some of the terminology so maybe it'll even hold up once it gets more self-referential later, I dunno.

e: main complaint so far is honestly just that while there is baked-in controller support, there's no way to check the controller bindings in the Help screen. I'm fine with that though because for once, the game's "fullscreen" actually seems to be Borderless Windowed, which is good because it means I can click off the screen onto my second monitor while letting the text autoplay.

Does it actually have mouse support?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Arist posted:

Yes. The menus are all clickable, and there are some controls for stuff like the auto mode and backlog that you can click to turn on at any time.

I'm glad that mages has finally decided to start doing the bare minimum for PC ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

So I'm not that far into the game, but I think its going to turn out to be all taking place in GAIA or some other earth simulator, which explains how it can be hacked. The mystery hacker is going to be Pollon himself or his dad. Momo might not actually exist in reality.