Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoStoryHouseCat
Aug 30, 2023

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I helped translate a VN for Dreamcast and there’s a patch out now, if anyone here likes that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB6oLyMEk94

So glad I saw this, thank you. Works great on RetroDeck and makes me realize Steam Deck is perfect for Dreamcast games. Oh and coincidentally you all released v1.2 the same day I saw this, congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStoryHouseCat
Aug 30, 2023

Full Metal Daemon Muramasa was a mix of pretty good and pretty atrocious, huh. I wonder if they designed the game that way on purpose to kinda-sorta fit the narrative theme

Like the comedy parts were 90% just not that funny and really poorly timed in the script. A few jokes out of a hundred made me smile but it was mostly just weird and unnecessary.

The trolling-the-player parts were dumb and overdone. Although admittedly if it was 2009 (the year of original release) when trolling was the epitome of comedy worldwide, I guess I'd have given them a pass though

On the other hand the serious and melodramatic parts were great. Swordfighting was great.

The politics parts were actually decent, like all parties' motives were considered, and actual explanations given for things like why GHQ members are behaving a certain way etc.

Although the plot was padded with some dumb poo poo, I was glad each respective route tied most things up in a satisfying way. One or two characters didn't really get a resolution like the crossdressing shogun's son, but maybe in the sequels?

I'll admit I was glad to hear there is more, apparently it's a trilogy, and the later entries are better according to some people

Whoa I am looking forward to this

TwoStoryHouseCat
Aug 30, 2023

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I helped translate a VN for Dreamcast and there’s a patch out now, if anyone here likes that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB6oLyMEk94

I finally got past the drat wikipedia mini-game lol

This Nakoruru VN is warm and fuzzy but with some worrying undertones and foreshadowing :ohdear: (I don't know the backstory)

I got stuck for a while because of the minigame that says "be wise and do your research if you don't know the answer" meaning literally look up real-life trivia answers on wikipedia or the guide by the translator, but having no Internet at the time and I wanted to be wise dammit