Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I didn't think about it until now that the game ended on a play where they just wanted Mahomes to throw the ball as high and far as he could to run the clock out :unsmith:

Like, I recognized that was the plan, but didn't think about it being Mahomes doing it. After, well, no offense to any of the others, the strongest armed quarterback the Chiefs had in the last 20 years was Brodie Croyle.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I just noticed that the votes for Goku are over 9000.

I assume I'm not the first to notice, but I wanted to say it anyways.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
What cracked me up about it was how Reid, with Gatorade dripping off him, was still wearing his headset and screaming instructions on how to properly kill the last 90 seconds of the game.

You’re goddamn right he was leaving nothing to chance in this game

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/kcpolice/status/1224188567892713472

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Shinji2015 posted:

I just noticed that the votes for Goku are over 9000.

I assume I'm not the first to notice, but I wanted to say it anyways.

Are there even that many active goons on the forums right now?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

waah posted:

You have to pick one from each group of to be a part of your team in the Super Bowl. You lose, you die.

QB
Mitch Trubisky
Jared Goff

Coach
Bill Obrien
Kyle Shanahan

Who you got

I pick the loving bullet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

I pick the loving bullet.

If you ask Mitch to shoot you, you'll probably live

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Codependent Poster posted:

If you ask Mitch to shoot you, you'll probably live

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Well, congrats to our Chiefs goons, it was a really good game. I strongly suspect this is just the start for you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eric the Mauve posted:

They were like ten seconds short of being able to actually kneel out the clock in 3 downs, so Mahomes killed 2 extra seconds with each one and then chucked an armpunt on 4th down to kill the last 5.

And made some betters really loving angry.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/realwilfordb/status/1224131647450370049?s=21

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Tomahtoe-Tomato

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So Mahomes diving on that fumble basically cements Newton's legacy as a fraud.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i do think it was just the false start penalty on the last meaningful niners drive that spooked shanahan out of the run

looked like they were gonna get 5-6 yards on the called run play before it got whistled dead

w/o that penalty they probably mix in a couple more runs on that drive and i'd say would have a 50/50 shot at winning

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like Reid ended the Super Bowl by playing the clock perfectly.

Maybe in twenty years Shanahan will finally learn to manage a clock in the Super Bowl.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Remember earlier this season when Brady tried to do the arm punt thing to ice the Cowboys game, and hosed it up leaving 1 second on the clock lol?

Grats Chiefs goons. That was a very fun game to watch and an impressive win.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mega64 posted:

I like Reid ended the Super Bowl by playing the clock perfectly.

Maybe in twenty years Shanahan will finally learn to manage a clock in the Super Bowl.

He ate nothing but minute rice all Saturday

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

Elephanthead posted:

He ate nothing but minute rice all Saturday

This is a bad joke, also a lie. Super Bowl Winning Coach Andy Reid never eats just rice for any reason, unless said rice is made of meat.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Congrats Chiefs fans! I'm glad Reid finally got his Lombardi to ice the hall of fame :)

Watching the Chiefs is so drat fun. I especially like their "wait we forgot how to play football. OK we remembered how to play football (scores 3 TDs in 8 minutes for the comeback)" style. Very entertaining.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
They trailed by double digits in all 3 of their playoff wins

Reid finally figured out the secret to success is to spot the other team a big lead

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's like the Chiefs need the motivation to succeed.

Have the Chiefs had a dominating win beginning-to-end this season? I remember there being more of those last year, but the stars show this year to be a "down" year for them offensively.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Have the Chiefs had a dominating win beginning-to-end this season? I remember there being more of those last year, but the stars show this year to be a "down" year for them offensively.

Jags even though Mahomes sprained his ankle and I was worried about that. Broncos on Thursday night even though that's when we all thought the season and the career might be over was never competitive. Second Broncos game and the Bears. Oh second Raiders game too, the first wasn't close but Raiders jumped out to a lead early.

I guess 5 regular season games out of 16 where you never have to worry might not be abnormal for a champion? Like, most Super Bowl winners aren't the 2007 Pats who only had to worry like twice (in the regular season, you know the rest).

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

They dismantled Oakland 40-9 in week 13, capped off by a blocked PAT returned for 2 points lol

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Bears game, both Raiders games, one Broncos game. KC struggled a lot in the first half of the season, Mahomes had the ankle sprain from week 1 that kept getting re-sprained every game until the kneecap also went. The defense was bad and still looked like last years due to a brand new DC, coaching staff and like 9 new starters.

Not enough credit is being given to GM Brett Veach for the defensive rebuild. Hiring Spagnuolo, Daly, House, Merritt. Both Mathieu and Clark ended up being worth their high price tags, other guys like Breeland and Damien Wilson were critical starters all season long. Picking up Mike Pennel mid-season. Drafting impact players like Juan Thornhill and Derrick Nnadi. Ogbah and Okafor were playing really well prior to going on IR. Moving on from Dee Ford who had, of course, an injury plagued season and was the lone pass rusher who didnt do anything yesterday for the 49ers

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Why did the Chiefs take those style of victory kneel downs?

Shanahan was being a salty bitch using time outs after it was obviously over

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Picking up Mike Pennel mid-season.

Pennel deserves more credit than he gets even from KC press. It's not like he was amazing but man he helped a ton with the terrible run D and even managed to get a fair amount of pressures.

I'd agree that Veach overall has largely been winning the shots he's taken after wondering if he was taking too many of them at first. Kendall Fuller aside, although it looks like he might have found a home as a hybrid safety.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs are world champions, boys

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Edit good lord it was right before Christmas the chiefs played the bears and the bears laid an egg. Completely forgettable. Bears opening drive was 9 plays for 14 yards , then 4 yards, 32,23, 83 (turnover on downs), 23,32, 39

Amazing

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 3, 2020

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wish to give congrats to the Chiefs for their victory and am very happy with Andy getting a ring. I also am very happy with the Half Time Show, kudos to J-Lo and Shakira you the secret MVP 12th person or whatever. I think this was one of the better Super Bowls. Top Tier.

And thank you to the real MVP - The Titans, you legit

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Matt Moore and Chad Henne are Super Bowl Champions.

Fins up.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

D-LINK posted:

Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs are world champions, boys

:mmmhmm:

I made some awful posts last night, lmfao.

Congrats Chiefs Fans though.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TheBizzness posted:

Matt Moore and Chad Henne are Super Bowl Champions.

Fins up.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1224380609524424704

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MoaM posted:

:mmmhmm:

I made some awful posts last night, lmfao.

Congrats Chiefs Fans though.

All of our longsuffering Chiefs posters are pretty cool, especially now that parmesan basil melted down and rage quit

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
That dude's posts and that thread are, uhhh, something.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Looking back: if Fitzmagic does not derail the Pats path to a bye in Week 17, then K.C. would have been 3rd seed with their path featuring:

- Home vs Titans in WC (instead of divisional);
- Road vs Pats in the divisional;
- Road vs Ravens / Home vs Texans in CCG.

So in this alternate reality, the Chiefs would have to play an extra game, plus travel to Foxboro (and possibly Baltimore) to make a SB appearance.

Meanwhile the Pats would get an extra week to rest/prepare which could improve their performance.

And if the Chiefs defeat the Titans, then the Ravens get to host the Texans/Bills winner instead. Perhaps their defense would be stouter in those matchups.

So, to put it another way: should K.C. invite these Dolphins as honored guests at next season's banner-raising ceremony?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kalensc posted:

So, to put it another way: should K.C. invite these Dolphins as honored guests at next season's banner-raising ceremony?

There's definitely been a lot of joking going around that Fitzpatrick should get a ring.

Alex Smith too, who is apparently the one quarterback who has ever really sat down and trained his replacement. Like, there was apparently never a beef between them and Mahomes talks about how much Alex helped him learn how to be a professional QB and Alex knew the score the whole time. Might be Mahomes doing PR but if he was it worked on me at least.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1224169148105854977?s=19

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Grittybeard posted:

There's definitely been a lot of joking going around that Fitzpatrick should get a ring.

Alex Smith too, who is apparently the one quarterback who has ever really sat down and trained his replacement. Like, there was apparently never a beef between them and Mahomes talks about how much Alex helped him learn how to be a professional QB and Alex knew the score the whole time. Might be Mahomes doing PR but if he was it worked on me at least.

I was thinking about this, this morning. I think the NFL should have like one or two rings extra that a team can give out if they win to someone who was previously with the organization or who had some like profound effect on the team.

So like, if the Bills ever pull it out, Jim Kelly gets to at least be on the field with the celebration, or in this case Alex Smith with the Chiefs (or even having Tony Gonzales on the field). I mean it's not as sweet as actually winning a Super Bowl, but with as hard as it is, and how it still would be a limited amount of people being honored, it's kinda a way to get some really cool scenes of players who had great careers but bad luck with teams and windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I believe they already do that, or can. I wanna say the Colts gave one to Edge even though he had left the team in free agency prior to the season.