Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

a neat cape posted:

It absolutely has and for good reason

What really made Kobe have such a huge impact? Being the face of the league post Jordan as it moved to hd+LA? It's weird because I never thought of him as much more than a higher volume Reggie Miller and didn't pay much attention to the NBA between Jordan retiring in 98 and them getting Rose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kalli posted:

The top basketball players are a brand and far, far more popular then any NFL player could hope to be.

He was the best player on the most famous team who won a bunch of championships over a 2 decade career.

Yeah my NBA loving friend is explaining it to me as him being in the public eye forever, the titles, the scoring, but then also maintaining the brand after he retired instead of vanishing like AI

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grittybeard posted:

Iverson had some other problems that contributed to that. Which manages to make his career both more impressive and sadder.

I will agree that in a football focused forum 2 days before what should actually be an exciting super bowl based on the matchup and that it's not the Pats the fact that we're spending this much time talking about the NBA is probably not a good thing for the NFL.

Everyone knows the game is gonna suck to watch because it's 50% ads and won't be over before your screaming toddler needs to be put to bed

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DeimosRising posted:

Kobe has almost nothing in common with Miller besides being shooting guards, very weird comparison

They were both pretenders to Jordan's throne

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Edit good lord it was right before Christmas the chiefs played the bears and the bears laid an egg. Completely forgettable. Bears opening drive was 9 plays for 14 yards , then 4 yards, 32,23, 83 (turnover on downs), 23,32, 39

Amazing

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 3, 2020