Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol going from head coach to a positional coach in one year.

Didn’t Tomsula and Campbell do that two? I guess they were just interims but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Play posted:

I wouldn't have thought so either, but :shrug:

Only about 1% of Filipinos self-identify as Hispanic, so it's safe to say they aren't.

quote:

Q. What about Brazilians, Portuguese and Filipinos? Are they Hispanic?

A. They are in the eyes of the Census Bureau if they say they are, even though these countries do not fit the federal government’s official definition of “Hispanic” because they are not Spanish-speaking. For the most part, people who trace their ancestry to these countries do not self-identify as Hispanic when they fill out their census forms. Only about 2% of immigrants from Brazil do so, as do 2% of immigrants from Portugal and 1% from the Philippines, according to Pew Research Center tabulations of the 2017 American Community Survey.

These patterns reflect a growing recognition and acceptance of the official definition of Hispanics. In the 1980 census, 18% of Brazilian immigrants and 12% of both Portuguese and Filipino immigrants identified as Hispanic. But by 2000, the shares identifying as Hispanic dropped to levels close to those seen today.

What people report on census forms are not subject to any independent checks, corroborations or corrections. This means, in theory, someone who has no Hispanic ancestors could identify as Hispanic and that’s how they would be counted.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/11/11/who-is-hispanic/

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Kalli posted:

If anyone wants to look up how many pedo priests their area has / had, Propublica published a searchable database:

https://projects.propublica.org/credibly-accused/

My small hometown had 20! :cool:

Mine had 17, but the applicable diocese covers half of Georgia.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Kalli posted:

The league provides funds for X rings, then the team owner can buy as many as he wants on top of that.

Specifically, around $5000 for each of up to 150 rings. https://www.cnn.com/style/article/super-bowl-rings-history/index.html