Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Healthy cam on the Chargers is a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Absolutely disgusting. These people should be quarantined in camps

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1223272750518820864

I'm almost sure this will be me on Sunday. Pissed off but not surprised enough to lose it at how they play.

I would greatly enjoy being wrong.

I don’t know about you Gritty but I am weirdly not nervous about the Super Bowl at all, especially compared to the other playoff games. Maybe because losing another AFCCG at home would have been catastrophic, or because losing to the Texans or Titans again would have sucked, who knows. Of course I will still be crushed if they lose Sunday

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Spoeank posted:

I'm making 6 pounds of smoked heroin wings (with cayenne added) on Sunday morning to take to my friend's house. No, I don't know why they're called that

Post the recipe

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Kobe is one of the most famous athletes on the planet, and a top 3 basketball icon especially to anyone under 50. It’s kinda crazy that goons in this thread are surprised that his sudden death is big news

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

a neat cape posted:

I hate the Lakers and rooted against Kobe for two decades and this entire week has left me in a very sad daze

Me too. Every time I see news of his death I get surprised again. The words “Kobe Bryant is dead” are still not sunk in, and I was never a fan of his really. His daughter going with him of course adds another magnitude to the tragedy, but I suppose it’s nice they hit the afterlife together

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

K8.0 posted:

Kobe's death caught fire because he was young and it was unexpected. The only real comparison is Dale Earnhardt's death. A name everyone knew even if they didn't care about the sport, dead in a really shocking way. It's easy money for the media, much more consistent than the run up to the super bowl, which honestly is usually boring. There's very little to talk about when there are only two teams remaining and two weeks to talk about one loving game with nothing else going on in sports. It gets really loving old, outside of KC and SF nobody wants to hear 300 hours of repetitive hot takes. If he died a month earlier, his death would actually have got significantly less coverage - still a lot, but there would have been enough other stuff going on that you wouldn't have had day after day of nothing but Kobe.

Do you have brain worms

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I thought the Chiefs scored too early too but I also wasn’t very afraid of Jimmy G. After their first run gained like 20 yards...I was surprised they did not run again, they had over 2 minutes and all timeouts.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I thought the Chiefs scored too early too but I also wasn’t very afraid of Jimmy G. After their first run gained like 20 yards...I was surprised they did not run again, they had over 2 minutes and all timeouts.

https://twitter.com/willcain/status/1224177034269724673?s=21

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Why did the Chiefs take those style of victory kneel downs?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's like the Chiefs need the motivation to succeed.

Have the Chiefs had a dominating win beginning-to-end this season? I remember there being more of those last year, but the stars show this year to be a "down" year for them offensively.

Bears game, both Raiders games, one Broncos game. KC struggled a lot in the first half of the season, Mahomes had the ankle sprain from week 1 that kept getting re-sprained every game until the kneecap also went. The defense was bad and still looked like last years due to a brand new DC, coaching staff and like 9 new starters.

Not enough credit is being given to GM Brett Veach for the defensive rebuild. Hiring Spagnuolo, Daly, House, Merritt. Both Mathieu and Clark ended up being worth their high price tags, other guys like Breeland and Damien Wilson were critical starters all season long. Picking up Mike Pennel mid-season. Drafting impact players like Juan Thornhill and Derrick Nnadi. Ogbah and Okafor were playing really well prior to going on IR. Moving on from Dee Ford who had, of course, an injury plagued season and was the lone pass rusher who didnt do anything yesterday for the 49ers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I think the owner decides how many rings get made and for whom, so Hunt can certainly request one gets made for Fitzpatrick for his week 17 heroics