Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Dry rub ribs encrusted by the chicken flavor seasoning packet in boxes of Rice a Roni

Better San Francisco-invented food/drink items:

Cioppino
Martinis
Sourdough bread
Clam chowder in a bread bowl
Its It ice cream sandwiches
Rockey road ice cream
Chop Suey
Crab Louie
Chicken Tetrazzini
Mission-style burritos (large flour tortilla, rice and beans inside)
Fortune cookies

Wow. It'll be weird as hell to watch the Chargers quarterbacked by someone else. Gonna LOL pretty hard if they bring in Brady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

at the same time, the mexican food I truly remember is the awful poo poo I get in random places. tiny little taco cart on Nantucket Island? disgraceful. Mexican/Thai fusion in Phuket? one of the worst things I've ever eaten in my life. An attempt at Mexican food from a restaurant in Valdivia, Chile? truly foul

compared to that I hardly even remember all the delicious burritos from legit taquerias ive had

Play
Apr 25, 2006

So it's Phillip who's done with the Chargers, not vice versa?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Cucas tasted better, but Freebirds has better stories attached to it. :)

Rosarito's was TRASH

hey i liked rosarito's! they had a decent to good california burrito and their carne asada was good. a couple awesome places in downtown sb as well like el sitio and romanti-ezer. Although I still believe San Diego and the bay area are the best places in the world for burritos

Play fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 28, 2020

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ort posted:

The fact that someone legitimately thinks filipino is hispanic is breaking my brain this morning.

from wikipedia:

quote:

Today, the term Hispanic is typically applied to the varied populations of these places, including those with Spanish ancestry. Because of their historical, linguistic, and cultural ties with Spain, Filipinos can be considered Hispanic.

I wouldn't have thought so either, but :shrug:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ulmont posted:

Only about 1% of Filipinos self-identify as Hispanic, so it's safe to say they aren't.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/11/11/who-is-hispanic/

That makes sense though, as memories and culture of imperial Spain fade and the Philippines kind of re-appreciates its own native culture, definitions change over time.

I work with three Filipino guys maybe I'll ask them what they would say. I'm gonna guess they'll say they do not consider themselves hispanic, especially considering the obvious in that they dont speak Spanish.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Fifty Three posted:

super glad I checked this thread first thing after lunch, great

yeah i did not need that in my life, to say the least

Play
Apr 25, 2006

At the Super Bowl press event someone asked Andy Reid about wearing a speedo, and I was just thinking what an amazing strategic power move that would be if he just shows up to the game like that. Andy Reid in a teeny tiny banana hammock would strike fear into the heart of any adversary

Play
Apr 25, 2006

how is pottato formed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Guze posted:

It's not cooked.

Raw beef, pepper, and onions on rye

Sounds like a German thing. In a German-influenced part of South America I went to they called that "crudos" which simply means raw. There's probably an actual German name for it too

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Steak Tartare

.... right. For some reason that didn't register, although the internet is also telling me they call it Schabefleisch which, you have to admit, sounds a lot more German

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GD_American posted:

Good god people quit taking those click bait maps at face value

I feel like everyone understands that okay, there just isn't that much to talk about

although I did have fun picturing people at their super bowl parties eating a single raw potato

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

LOL

NFL not investigating New Orleans Saints advising church in its response to pedophilia case, source says

https://theathletic.com/1570613/202...=shared-article

Not surprised at this at all, it's way too far outside their wheelhouse. I'm not sure if I'd want them to do it because they'd probably gently caress it up anyways

Uhhhh even 57 feels like a WHOLE LOT... especially for one city it seems like. To think there's probably many more is insane

Haha that is quite a correlation, almost all the playoff teams are in the bottom left quadrant after having given up picks and cap space to make themselves as competitive as possible this year

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lombardi...Ftwitter.com%2F

I'm not sure why this is 'trouble', but I thought this was interesting

Raku posted:

How many loving clergy are in NO? Like if you take the alleged amount out what percentage of priests are left?

I'd assume those numbers are over the course of decades, and in a very catholic area with lots of priests. Still though, that's insane. A single city with 59+ priestly abusers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

If anyone wants to look up how many pedo priests their area has / had, Propublica published a searchable database:

https://projects.propublica.org/credibly-accused/

My small hometown had 20! :cool:

I could only find one where I grew up, so there's definitely some variation between areas