Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SeXReX posted:

I got a nalgene covered in sweet stickers and I got a kicken rad paracord handle so I can clip it on stuff without worrying about the lid leash breaking from it

Pretty much the best option. I like to keep a few packets of WHO approved ORS around in case I wake up surprisingly hungover and dehydrated.

https://www.amazon.com/Oral-Rehydration-Salts-Pack-125/dp/B00H2UX2GU - one nalgene one packet hangover gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Yeah dunno, I live in Mexico where you can't drink the tap water so having a liter of water that will stay cold for hours is pretty convenient. Not saying insulated water bottles make sense for everyone but they have their uses.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Pick posted:

If you have an expensive water bottle, it means at this point you're just living to live, literally just living to be alive, you've given up on having a purpose, and it's just all about meeting your exact little comfort to exactly whatever time you feel they could be appeased, you don't like struggle, you've given up on personal growth

:thunk:

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

liquid courage posted:

Yeah dunno, I live in Mexico where you can't drink the tap water so having a liter of water that will stay cold for hours is pretty convenient. Not saying insulated water bottles make sense for everyone but they have their uses.

But have u considered the impact this has on your personal growth?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I see Pick is angling hard to get gifted a nice extra-bougie water bottle ITT.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I see Pick is angling hard to get gifted a nice extra-bougie water bottle ITT.

Is this like a thing where we all have to put in for it or do we just all sign a card and someone from the company pays for it...?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Is this like a thing where we all have to put in for it or do we just all sign a card and someone from the company pays for it...?

Hell, I don't know, ask the receptionist.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

enjoyed the pick meltdown but I just wanna say I bought a klean kanteen or something from Sail like 6 years ago and it is literally indestructible. Seriously, I've dropped it down a 200ft rocky cliff/hill to little effect (amongst other potential bottle destroying incidents). It has a rubber nozzle type spout and rubber air flow valve that have never been replaced and I can pull some insane suction on it still. Like harder than OPs mom can suck and she literally ripped my dick off with her vacuum mouth.

It doesn't super insulate the water and "only" holds 800ml but it weighs less than 200g and the design is bulletproof. Would recommend

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 29, 2020

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I drank a lot out of my water bottle today and then before I went home from work I refilled it with lemon water from our magic soda machine at work so I could drink it at home

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Nooner posted:

I drank a lot out of my water bottle today and then before I went home from work I refilled it with lemon water from our magic soda machine at work so I could drink it at home

That fancy water is only for making your life marginally more bearable while you're at work in reporting you for time theft.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
My 9 y/o asked for a Hydro Flask for her recent birthday.

Apparently it has something to do with being a “VSCO girl”. She also uses a reusable metal straw, because turtles... and wears a bunch of hair scrunchies as bracelets, because I dunno. I’ve also noticed she’s into wearing long t-shirts like she’s the reincarnation of Left Eye from TLC. Not sure if there’s any relation to water bottles on that one.

That’s all I can report about this phenomenon at this time.

Divine Styler fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 29, 2020

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Divine Styler posted:

Apparently it has something to do with being a “VSCO girl”. She also uses a reusable metal straw, because turtles... and wears a bunch of hair scrunchies as bracelets, because I dunno. I’ve also noticed she’s into wearing long t-shirts like she’s the reincarnation of Left Eye from TLC. Not sure if there’s any relation to water bottles on that one.

your daughter has joined a cult, op

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

rag on a stick

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the op sounds great if you don't mind your pinneal gland being tainted by fluoride. *entire classroom stands up and goes "ooooOOOOOHHH!" at the same time*

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I drink tap water straight at sink temp but still use one of those 40oz metal ones cause it’s convenient not having to refill it all the time and I will go through 2+ a day if I keep it around me.

The insulation does help when like running an hour or two of errands on a hot day and leaving it in the car. Or if I decide to add ice I guess.

It came in a 2 pack from Costco for like 16 bucks (so 8 each) I think so not sure where that 40 dollar estimate comes from but I’m sure at that point it’s just fashion or status thing for kids to bully each other over.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I have a nalgene and it’s pretty good. It holds more water than most glasses do, I can knock it over or throw it in my backpack and it doesn’t spill, it’s real hard to shatter it, these are all features a glass of water doesn’t really have. My buddy talked me into buying it for a trip and I wasn’t down at first but I’m a fan now. My girlfriend has one of those insulated metal things but her workplace also has this dumb ultra-cold water dispenser that cost them thousands of dollars, so I get to have painfully cold water first thing in the morning and that’s pretty good. I hope this helps.

Real Mean Queen fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 29, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
When I drink really cold water it feels weird in my stomach is this something other people experience?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

SeXReX posted:

When I drink really cold water it feels weird in my stomach is this something other people experience?

my friend had this

you might be gregnant

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SeXReX posted:

yes other people feel the sensation of coldness. they also see colours and smell things

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

I had a nice water bottle but it was impossible to clean the weird drinking spout bit without resorting to buying pipe cleaners or something so it got kinda gross and i just threw it out. now im just reusing an Evian bottle and when it gets gross ill throw it out and wont have wasted £10

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.

Kullik posted:

I had a nice water bottle but it was impossible to clean the weird drinking spout bit without resorting to buying pipe cleaners or something so it got kinda gross and i just threw it out. now im just reusing an Evian bottle and when it gets gross ill throw it out and wont have wasted £10

environment, saved

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Stickin it to Big Bottle. Done with their Big Profits

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
My employer gave me a reusable cup under the guise of being hip and sustainable but it's really so they don't need to pay for cups in the coffee machine and water cooler any more.

We put dumb stickers on them because we are all hollow shells of human beings

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

yes other people feel the sensation of coldness. they also see colours and smell things

hosed up if true

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Divine Styler posted:

I googled "VSCO girl" and now I feel a thousand loving years old, thanks op

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheAardvark posted:

I googled "VSCO girl" and now I feel a thousand loving years old, thanks op

same.

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!

Divine Styler posted:

I looked it up, and this is my 10 year old, except she doesn’t like crocks and sticks to cropped leggings because winter. Her dad is obsessed with water bottles so everyone has one of those hydro bottles except me. I don’t feel the need to be within a foot of ice cold hydration at every second, as a matter of fact I just chug a bunch of tepid tap water out of a glass when the opportunity presents as nature intended.

We have at least a dozen water bottles in the kitchen and it’s such a waste of space but that is not the hill my marriage will die on.

Edit- confirmed that my kid is familiar with VSCO girls/boys (pronounced “vissco”) but she doesn’t consider herself one because she doesn’t use a metal straw or wear scrunchies or seashells. She does have a thing for Vans though.

opie fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 29, 2020

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

opie posted:

I looked it up, and this is my 10 year old, except she doesn’t like crocks and sticks to cropped leggings because winter. Her dad is obsessed with water bottles so everyone has one of those hydro bottles except me. I don’t feel the need to be within a foot of ice cold hydration at every second, as a matter of fact I just chug a bunch of tepid tap water out of a glass when the opportunity presents as nature intended.

We have at least a dozen water bottles in the kitchen and it’s such a waste of space but that is not the hill my marriage will die on.

Edit- confirmed that my kid is familiar with VSCO girls/boys (pronounced “vissco”) but she doesn’t consider herself one because she doesn’t use a metal straw or wear scrunchies or seashells. She does have a thing for Vans though.

That feeling when you turn to a fossil and become dust. That's me rn

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Divine Styler posted:

This is a thing now, this basically describes my niece.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've carried one of these bottles for the last three years. If you do the math, I have saved nearly 2,000 disposable bottles. That does not suck. Plus, I like the idea that my water will be nice and chilly at any time of day.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
People are just hella braindead about water. I've worked with too many people who refuse to drink tap water for "health" reasons and will buy a $3 bottle of premium water daily. If not that, then water from home that I assume is cascaded through five separate Brita filters.

They are one step away from believing the government is poisoning everyone with fluoride.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I got a two pack of Bubba bottles for like 10 bucks off of meh.com awhile ago. Don't need an expensive bottle, Bubba supremacy. Brita filter then boiled in an electric kettle. Excellent tasting water

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Does VSCO stand for anything cool, or is it like a brand name?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i remember back in school we didnt have air conditioning and one year they started letting us have water bottles so i had a neon green ninja turtles one made out of the finest carcinogenic cheap plastic sitting on folded up brown paper towel and id slide the straw in and out to make a cool noise when the teacher wasnt around

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jasus Christ posted:

Does VSCO stand for anything cool, or is it like a brand name?

its a social media platform where people take pictures of things and put filters on it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Drink out of a .... cup

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Rutibex posted:

its a social media platform where people take pictures of things and put filters on it

Thanks. Sounds like a great identity

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

ice cold

solution found, close thred

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
What if I was given a free water bottle? Should I destroy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

idk OP i just refill a gatorade bottle at the jim but that's just me

probably helful for IDing me as a worthless poor