Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Pick posted:

I've tried to not be such a negative person, tried to reformulate my attitude, tried to not just be that edgy teenager, and over the past decade or so that's been a big change in my life, but I hate water bottles. I hate water bottles, the loving dumb, they are the stupidest status symbol in the entire world, there's no point of these, they're just showboating some sort of incredibly stupid unnecessary thing that is ridiculous is anything being hocked by Gwyneth Paltrow. Even the idea that most people are chronically underwater I'd like some sort of neglected house plant is largely based off of a research paper that was misunderstood, do you think that you're better than everybody else who's avoiding gluten or doing these other dumb poo poo things that are completely non-essential, but in reality you're just going with the same hive mind bull crap and paying $80 for a pipe that you can drink the same poo poo out of that you would get out of the tap. You don't need this, nobody ever has, except maybe somebody who is an astronaut on the loving international space station who might need some sort of fancy water bottle, but you don't, you said a loving desk and you've never been at risk of dying of thirst while you dick around on the internet

I used to be a Cub Scout leader, and one of the moms was the most abrasive Karen types you could ever meet. She swore she'd never use plastic water bottles, because of the BPA leaching into the water and into her body.

Bear in mind that she chain smoked with her kids in the car, she was really obese and one time while I was waiting for her to pick up her kids, she showed up almost a half hour late and when she hopped out of her car fast food wrappers and soft drink cups spilled out of the cab. Good thing no BPA was getting inside her temple.

So, I can kind of relate to your inner conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

opie posted:

I looked it up, and this is my 10 year old, except she doesn’t like crocks and sticks to cropped leggings because winter. Her dad is obsessed with water bottles so everyone has one of those hydro bottles except me. I don’t feel the need to be within a foot of ice cold hydration at every second, as a matter of fact I just chug a bunch of tepid tap water out of a glass when the opportunity presents as nature intended.

We have at least a dozen water bottles in the kitchen and it’s such a waste of space but that is not the hill my marriage will die on.

Edit- confirmed that my kid is familiar with VSCO girls/boys (pronounced “vissco”) but she doesn’t consider herself one because she doesn’t use a metal straw or wear scrunchies or seashells. She does have a thing for Vans though.

That feeling when you turn to a fossil and become dust. That's me rn

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I always thought the metal water bottles were a grown-up thing. It's weird to see my kids and all their friends rocking giant metal thermoses full of tap water.

Staying hydrated is so hot right now.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
The company that owns Fiji Water is trying to take groundwater from my town and sell it. Which is funny since I live in the lovely dry part of California.

So yeah water bottles=bad