Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Your brother could pretend there is a medical family emergency at home and try to cut the trip short this way. Definitely don't try to stir any kind of drama until the kids are safe on EU territory. The vibe I'm getting from Chinese bureaucrats and judges is that they would sign off on an abduction of Chinese citizenship children with zero hesitation, just out of spite. If possible, better not get them involved.

Also, you could watch the hit 90s movie "Not without my daughter" to learn how they got out. I think they got out? I don't remember anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Atopian posted:

I guess the Chinese government will be forced to clean up its act and offer a better deal to its people in order to compete with other bold visions for the future of nations and governance that are currently offering stability, security, and growth for their citizens, such as

Finland, the happiest nation on earth(six years in a row). My Finish friends, please come and liberate us, we ache for your benevolent rule

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

These high-rise housing estates were pretty popular in Europe in the 60s and 70s too(especially in the Warsaw pact countries), but fell out of favor in the west in the 80s. IIRC one of the major problems with them was that while they started out as middle class housing, they tended to concentrate socio-economically disadvantaged people over time which created all kinds of social problems. The middle class mostly fled from there to low density satellite cities, the suburbs or gentrified urban centers.

Due to the current housing crisis there has been some public discussion of bringing these back, but city planners aren't really psyched about it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tai posted:

It's jeans. Who cares? It's jeans.

That's how it starts. The people will see jeans and want them and 10 years later it's perestroika, chaos, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria, etc.