Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Fojar38 posted:

Free Hong Kong
Free Tibet
Taiwan is an independent country
The Chinese government is committing genocide in Xinjiang

Forgot some

1989 Tienanmen Square Massacre
Falun Gong persecution
Organ harvesting of prisoners
Chinese President looks like Winnie the Pooh

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
CCP trolls are just hilarious to me because it's pure amateur hour watching them work. The big thing about trolling, especially if you are an international actor, is to not make it so goddamned obvious what you are doing. Even the Russian Facebook trolls in 2016 knew to cover themselves up before getting to work. The CCP people just practically march in and advertise that they are now trolling you before they do it. I find myself laughing and going "so?" when they do it.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Not So Fast posted:

Meh, they have a 5% stake and Reddit users act like they're under the Great Firewall.

I was on Reddit when that deal broke and, holy poo poo, weaponized autism was out in full force. It was like visiting 4chan on a bad day.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I just saw the Godzilla vs King Kong movie.

And whilst one could very easily argue that the film is about two monsters punching each other, and then at the end teaming up to punch a giant robot. So therefore the less humans they show the better.

But for a film that spends most of its time in Hong Kong, there are literally no speaking parts for any Chinese people.

Do we know how the CCP and its hurt feelings brigade that often shoehorn in Chinese actors/characters, (I am thnking specifically of Independance Day 2), thinks of this?

Honestly, with recent events going on I imagine the CCP enjoyed watching HK get destroyed. The studio probably even put it in there for their enjoyment.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I admit it's kind of funny just loving with the CCP trolls on Reddit.

I usually just mention the Tibetan in their backyard needs his water bowl changed.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Alan Smithee posted:

That just affirms Chinese power though

They are probably just mad you are saying the quiet part loud while nodding in agreement

poo poo, changing my strategy then by saying Taiwan rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Somebody told me this dude was on a pilgrimage in Japan where people wear those hats for, I dunno, why ever religious people wear hats. The only thing really unusual in the picture is him being white and having a stupid expression on his face. He was probably a Filthy Frank-type youtuber or something. I haven’t looked into it so this may be a horrible racist lie. Please don’t tell anybody about my horrible racist lies.

Nah, I like the story of him just being a goon having an existential crisis because Japan is nothing like anime/vidya.