Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Nah, a communist doesn't need to be a tankie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What in the ever living gently caress...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Probably because China doesn't give a poo poo about poor people.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

If you stan any country you are a joke

Tell that to twitter

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Should I know what a qi wizard is..

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Imperialist Dog posted:

Everything is poo poo and most people who can get out are getting out, but the government decided that the main focus in 2024 will be national security and score-settling

Yeah some friends of mine got out not that long ago and poo poo is pretty bad they said. Police are just openly arresting anyone for utter BS reasons. There's lots of distrust amongst people who are fearful of what they say or do to people they barely know or don't know.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I hear that from everyone I've met who used to live or work there lol. Love the country but gently caress the government.

I still laugh about a message I got years ago from an almost tankie friend. Wasn't fully red pilled but defended the government a little too much. Prehaps 6 months went by when he sent me a message saying he's handed in his notice. He's no longer a tankie.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah I've heard lots of good stuff about Vietnam.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Shadow bank Zhongzhi has gone bankrupt welp welp

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Not even sure why China would want a country that doesn't want anything to do with you. Seems a bit dumb

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Watching this whole property collapse thing is wild to see play out. While not a fan of the government, I thought that they would of had their finger on the pulse a lot better than this in regards to letting banks writing blank cheques for real estate companies and mortgages. Considering 2008 happened, this really is dumb what the government has let happen.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You're confused, this is how free speech works.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol what?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Sounds familiar

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There's also a church!

The church of Xi

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Having a large aggressive country next door helps a lot. Hong Kong still probably quite fresh how that's gone down the shitter.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is China still having problems with youth(20-30) unemployment?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao he's banned? His digs are mild as gently caress. Chinese government is such a Karen

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
This is sooooo tame. Bunch of absolute Karens

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Sounds like Trump...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Imagine a government spending so much money to stop 'hurt feelings' and ''vanish'' people instead of healthcare or poverty. But here we are

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

This is killing

Much like Chinas stock market

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Vietnam has a pretty long-standing beef with China, as I understand. Plus the more acute current one over the EEZ and fishing and what not.

Maybe Vietnam should build some islands 2000 miles from their coast and claim everything inbetween.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Propping up stocks costs a lot and doesn't usually work unless you actually fix the problem. China likely to have to bail out a lot of people or let a lot of people go bust. Either way, nice gently caress up you could of avoided.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You laugh now, but wait till my Monopoly money is the new BRICS currency.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
uh oh

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Who wants to buy a house? Half price and half built.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Even just scratching the surface of China's economy has so much shady poo poo going along with way more debt than it lets on. loving trilllions of it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

Are there tankie equivalents in China? People who irrationally side against China in every conflict? Churchill did nothing wrong, etc?

Siding against China IN China? Those people are going to vanish very fast.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Going to be interesting to see how the liquidation of Evergrande plays out. WIll China allow the companies onshore stuff be part of the liquidation or not is the big one. Allowing it will have problems internally with continued building etc or not allowing it will have ramifications going forward with investments from abroad. The government could bail out Evergrande and other development companies but it looks like they aren't going to do that.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Klyith posted:

Nationalization would be better, to do things like complete some of the construction projects (keep paying the construction companies, deliver apartments to small investors) and cancel some (return some money to small investors). Tell everyone else to take a hike. Their property bubble is popping hard but that would at least be a little help.

Badly worded by me but this is what I meant as a bail out. Make sure people who have paid for a house actually get a house or a refund.

Also make it illegal to buy a house that isn't 100% built. So much debt on imaginary houses is one of the dumbest things China has allowed to happen.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Isn't a Chinese tankie just someone really pro-Tiananmen crackdown?

Usually an American who thinks China is left wing.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's an autocrat same poo poo

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

his daughter went to harvard and lives in america so it would extremely funny if it was actually monarchical and he croaked

Xi's daughter?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Mozi posted:

going after corruption has never meant anything other than attacking one's (potential) political enemies

What? Are you saying Hong Kong going ahead with article 23 was to clamp down on dissent???

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Marx forgot to add ''how will humans gently caress this up'' when writing his manifesto.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

NoiseAnnoys posted:

hmmm this thread got dumb as poo poo real quick

Thank you for your contributions, Comrade.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Tencent are that borderline predatory ''loot box'' style of games? I remember reading that Xi/China were putting their heel down on this I thought?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Love a bit of censorship to prove nothing is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

this was very promptly rescinded after it cratered tencents stock overnight

lmao money always wins