Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this affects me because we do CDN a couple of lovely (imo) companies.

the best i could work out was that it was better for me to continue working and donate a bit of that fat tech money to bernie FUCKIN' sanders rather than ragequit my job (because lol they aren't going to drop a customer because of a whiny leftist ticket janitor) and be broke as they continued on with zero impact to their job.

i do think that if you're in a more meaningful position than mine and have some power over licensing / what customers you service, a closer look should be taken at who they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DaTroof posted:

i'm kinda starting to regret open sourcing that python script i wrote to scrape whitepages.com for addresses of people whose last name ends with a z

boy howdy im heated about this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PCjr sidecar posted:

i think part of what i have trouble with is that individual oss devs would not necessarily align with what we’d consider ethical

consider the ‘angry at immigrants’ license: https://www.treefinder.de/

hahah holy poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i dont even know what npm is and i laugh every time somebody drags them