Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

Cal's probably hosed for next year for similar reasons $ and his injuries this year. I feel like Petrucci running back to the garage when there was never a chance he'd have time for an extra lap this weekend was him saying hey aprilia remember me when iannones appeal fails.

Nonsense he will be proven totally 100% innocent and go on to win several championships in a row, culminating in a special colour scheme for the RSV4 that looks like his face staring into a selfie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

the paradigm shift posted:

I feel like Petrucci running back to the garage when there was never a chance he'd have time for an extra lap this weekend was him saying hey aprilia remember me when iannones appeal fails.

Petrux has a Tech 3 KTM ride next year. Although they are supposed to be losing the Red Bull sponsorship so who knows.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

echomadman posted:

Petrux has a Tech 3 KTM ride next year. Although they are supposed to be losing the Red Bull sponsorship so who knows.

On toby moodys podcast they were saying the deal tech 3 signed with ktm states that ktm is responsible for finding the team sponsor for tech 3, so if red bull pulls out people at ktm have to go court someone else while tech 3 just chills. Pretty sweet deal for herve.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Iannone was banned for 4 years, his career is over :(

RIP maniac, he clearly banged every motogp journalists spouse and they would never shut up about it but the dude could thrash the hell out of a bike and was incredibly fun to watch

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pointless and arbitrary destruction of a talented rider. RIP.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Yeah WADA is a ridiculous and draconian organization for Olympic sports and it's even more ridiculous for motorsports. Points deductions for Yamaha breaking the rules with the literal motor that makes the bike go, 4 year ban because a rider took drugs to lose 10 pounds and stay jacked, absolute nonsense. Dump the whole testing program, check riders for being on amphetamines right after the race if you feel you have to do drug tests for some reason.

In other news in looks like Marquez might have badly damaged his arm with his come back attempt and could require bone graft surgery, possibly putting him out of commission for the beginning of next year. If that's the case it has to move Honda management past Yamaha for biggest gently caress ups of the year. They should never have let him on the bike in that condition, have a little back bone and tell your rider no.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Yeah WADA is a ridiculous and draconian organization for Olympic sports and it's even more ridiculous for motorsports. Points deductions for Yamaha breaking the rules with the literal motor that makes the bike go, 4 year ban because a rider took drugs to lose 10 pounds and stay jacked, absolute nonsense. Dump the whole testing program, check riders for being on amphetamines right after the race if you feel you have to do drug tests for some reason.

In other news in looks like Marquez might have badly damaged his arm with his come back attempt and could require bone graft surgery, possibly putting him out of commission for the beginning of next year. If that's the case it has to move Honda management past Yamaha for biggest gently caress ups of the year. They should never have let him on the bike in that condition, have a little back bone and tell your rider no.

This year has to be the tightest podium of all time for that, all three big teams have pulled some whoppers.

Suzuki winning the triple crown through basic competence, you love to see it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

This year has to be the tightest podium of all time for that, all three big teams have pulled some whoppers.

Suzuki winning the triple crown through basic competence, you love to see it.

Remember that Olympics where the Aussie guy won gold in speed skating because everyone else on the track wiped out while he hung back a bit?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/motorsport/status/1326839777182711808

https://twitter.com/motogp/status/1326911630798708736

In conclusion, Rossi is a man of contrasts.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Virus imposed a ten second penalty so Roni throttled up.

Corona is definitely not spreading through Yamaha!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

watching fp1 and hasn't heard the talk about how the Yamaha no longer has that smooth throttle that defined the m1 for so long.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I thought that highside from Alex was going to be worse than it was because I initially looked up when he was sliding along on his side. seems like nothing is broken though and he'll be good tomorrow.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah the whole 'laying awkwardly on the concrete trying to get up and failing' scene was really scary for a bit. The commentators are idiot morons but they were right on the money in saying it was exactly like an old 500 highside, just a sudden snap and you're rolling.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Crikey
https://twitter.com/motogp/status/1327672940352122880

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lol

alr
May 14, 2009
Looked like the video went slow motion -> fast forward, that was violent.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
For a poo poo track that was three exciting races.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Redvenom posted:

For a poo poo track that was three exciting races.

Amazing how 1 good lap to finish it brings the whole race way up.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha amazing last couple of laps there. Nice one for all concerned, and great result for Mir.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Any thoughts on the "new" track. I've watched WSBK on Portimao and there's a few spots that can get quite entertaining. Depending on the layout they use turn 2/3 can be pretty crazy and at one spot there's a fairly steep drop with a corner at the bottom that'll throw folks off if they can't get things settled before the corner.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Skreemer posted:

Any thoughts on the "new" track. I've watched WSBK on Portimao and there's a few spots that can get quite entertaining. Depending on the layout they use turn 2/3 can be pretty crazy and at one spot there's a fairly steep drop with a corner at the bottom that'll throw folks off if they can't get things settled before the corner.

the camera angles they got here were amazing. i loved watching f1 at this track this year and i'm sure i'll enjoy this. it looked like a lot of the riders were very squirrelly, i don't know if that's the resurfacing or temperatures at this point of the year, but not a lot of falls yet.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The last corner onto the main straight is gonna make for some amazing slowmo.

I'll bet we see at least one big group crash somewhere in that undulating infield.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1330224759481786375?s=20

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

^ jfc

good quali always fun when the track starts just getting grippy near the end.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Yeah that's scary. I didn't realize until I saw that Moto2 crash in Austria earlier this year that a crash were you don't slide off the track is probably most dangerous.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:catstare:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i did not expect olivera to just walk away with it like that. farewell to a loving ridiculous season.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Both Moto3 and Moto2 were decided today as well. Also in both series, the second and third places in the championship were tied on points. Crazy crazy year.

Tech3 spent 17 years in MotoGP with Yamaha and didn't win a race, They've been with KTM for 2 years and have two wins this year.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 22, 2020

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Sucks that there was no crowd. It would have been nice to seem them go crazy like when Louis Rossi won at Le Mans that one time.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Skreemer posted:

Both Moto3 and Moto2 were decided today as well. Also in both series, the second and third places in the championship were tied on points. Crazy crazy year.
Yeah Moto2 and 3 were a fun series to watch again this year, all down to the wire. Another fun Miller/Franco battle at the end in the main class as well. Uno mās por favor.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Provisional release of next year's line up:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I love how aprilia are utterly desperate, and Bradley Smith is there jumping up and down begging to get picked, and they just slide on past to take a punt on salvadori instead. Must be soul crushing being passed over for a mediocre sbk guy and realising you're even more mediocre than that, after spending years trying to develop a bike even moto2 guys aren't interested in. Another Italian management masterstroke. Tricolore? More like tricolole.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

it would be nice to have another American to root for someday

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Slavvy posted:

I love how aprilia are utterly desperate, and Bradley Smith is there jumping up and down begging to get picked, and they just slide on past to take a punt on salvadori instead. Must be soul crushing being passed over for a mediocre sbk guy and realising you're even more mediocre than that, after spending years trying to develop a bike even moto2 guys aren't interested in. Another Italian management masterstroke. Tricolore? More like tricolole.

You have to question whether this is worth it. After they sunk a shitload of money overhauling the operation and bike for this year they couldn’t find anybody halfway decent who wants to hop on that bike. KTM has come in and not only overtaken them but straight up moved into the same league as the front runners with a concept nobody really thought would work. Aprilia should just save itself the money and pull the plug now.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Marky Marc went back in for a 3rd surgery on his arm, found he had an infection in there... any bets if he comes back right away in 2021?

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/12/05/update-on-marc-marquez/359744

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Skreemer posted:

Marky Marc went back in for a 3rd surgery on his arm, found he had an infection in there... any bets if he comes back right away in 2021?

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/12/05/update-on-marc-marquez/359744

lol nope. I wouldn't put money down on him returning next year at all after this surgery. they're talking 6 months of recovery time and that's just for healing. hopefully he gets to train and practice some next year

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fausto Gresini passed away due to COVID.

He won all but one race in the 1987 125cc championship, and of course then founded his own team, won the 250 title with Daijiro Kato, and one point even was getting factory spec bikes from Honda and led the charge for Honda when they were in a funk post Rossi to Yamaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

algebra testes posted:

Fausto Gresini passed away due to COVID.

He won all but one race in the 1987 125cc championship, and of course then founded his own team, won the 250 title with Daijiro Kato, and one point even was getting factory spec bikes from Honda and led the charge for Honda when they were in a funk post Rossi to Yamaha.

gently caress