Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Are they doing the electric class this year or planning to burn them all down again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

tokenbrownguy posted:

Are they doing the electric class this year or planning to burn them all down again?

I remember reading a couple of weeks back that kornfeil is replacing bradley smith since he's "standing in" for ianonne so I guess they're running the same calendar as everyone else

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/lancekoliver/status/1280963663374016522

god this country sucks rear end

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Crutchlow refuses ride in WSBK.
WSBK shakeups -
Camier out at Barni Ducati and has been replaced by Melandri
Van der Mark has decided to part ways with Pata Yamaha
Randy Krummenacher Splits with MV Agusta citing “serious breaches on the part of the company that compromise both the rider’s performance as well as his professionalism, reputation, and personal integrity.”

Don't forget this weekend's MotoGP race.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 16, 2020

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Melandri now on retirement comeback #3, Lorenzo watches intently.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Didn't Melandri get #metooed? Am I imagining that? Can't find it on the Google

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Mat Mladin maybe? he was #weetooed

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah mladin is/has gone down for Really Bad Things, melandri's only crime is being a tiny yet enormous prick with a magnetic pneumatic missus.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

good quali although it sounds like rins broke something in that late crash. nearly hit miller too when he went off that was a pretty crazy camera view from jacks bike.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

the paradigm shift posted:

good quali although it sounds like rins broke something in that late crash. nearly hit miller too when he went off that was a pretty crazy camera view from jacks bike.

Yeah that stack looked nasty.

Pramac.....good????

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/939928/1/alex-rins-out-spanish-motogp-shoulder-fracturedislocation broken and dislocated so he's not racing tomorrow.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not a "great" race but a dramatic one.

This season already a war of attrition, we might need a few replacement riders next race.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I was surprised when I turned on the race to hear about cal. I doubt he or rins make the next race even if marquez moves mountains to not fall further back.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

got spoiled by the motoGP app on my phone. The crash early and then knowing what was gonna happen to him as he was moving back up the board was tough to watch.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

GriszledMelkaba posted:

got spoiled by the motoGP app on my phone. The crash early and then knowing what was gonna happen to him as he was moving back up the board was tough to watch.

You can set “no spoilers” as your default page on the app.

I’ll be curious to see if Marquez can get surgery and be back for next round. It sounds absurd but these guys are pretty ridiculous.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

builds character posted:

You can set “no spoilers” as your default page on the app.

I’ll be curious to see if Marquez can get surgery and be back for next round. It sounds absurd but these guys are pretty ridiculous.

they also put Marquez breaks wrist in a push notification and I've been meaning to turn those off anyways

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I'm either dumb as hell or my phone is old as hell or both but I don't see the option for no spoilers like there is through the web browser

edit; im dumb af. thank you

GriszledMelkaba fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 19, 2020

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GriszledMelkaba posted:

I'm either dumb as hell or my phone is old as hell or both but I don't see the option for no spoilers like there is through the web browser

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The meteoric rise and fall off marky marcdust.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Owwwww that had to hurt.

But Fabio! :unsmith:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

algebra testes posted:

Pramac.....good????

Are we going to have another Yamaha "old bike good, new bike bad" seasons or is Miller on a factory spec?

And did we establish if Gary McCoy was really the last winning satellite Yamaha rider?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Miller and Fabio are both on factory bikes.

If you have access to the world feed the press conference is a pro watch for zarco's amazing appearance.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Slavvy posted:

If you have access to the world feed the press conference is a pro watch for zarco's amazing appearance.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1284854540777463808

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/MotoGPJules/status/1284858373519876096?s=20

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Mladin, Melandri, same thing

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Really enjoyed the Spain race, but maybe I'm just thirsty now that there's been barely any races for half a year.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Marc has once again proven that the only thing that can stop him from winning everything is himself. That injury has pretty much put paid to his season, now to see how long it takes him to get back on the track and if this latest of his injuries will hobble him any more than the previous ones did.

Big question, which of the Yamaha's is now going to be champion?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The red one dovi rides.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Slavvy posted:

The red one dovi rides.

Lol beat me to it.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Here's some highlights without any commentary, all the noise none of the annoying kind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYf27oCODEE

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Dovi will be Mr Consistency, but I can't see him winning the championship with it (yes I know consistency is the name of the game).

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He literally finished second behind Marquez three years in a row. If Marquez didn't exist he'd be a multiple world champion with little to no competition.

Vinales is fast but brittle, I don't think he can do it.

El dildo has the goods but lacks experience, if he's struggling to get past the red bikes at loving jerez he's gonna have a really, really bad time when he's 30kmh down on every straight.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Yeah it'll be interesting once they hit Brno and Red Bull Ring twice in a row, with Marc out of the picture you might be looking at a Ducati 1-2-3 at either of those tracks.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Did anybody watch on NBCSN, and if so what was the broadcast like? Did they show all three classes in full - and if not could you watch it online through the app?

I've been cable-less since the new year and haven't signed up for a cable service again yet.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
They showed just the GP race it on full on regular NBC, though it was tape delayed to the afternoon. Broadcast was pretty good, they didn't have any commercial interruption.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

FBS posted:

Did anybody watch on NBCSN, and if so what was the broadcast like? Did they show all three classes in full - and if not could you watch it online through the app?

I've been cable-less since the new year and haven't signed up for a cable service again yet.

For years I've just been watching it on the app/online. The chopped up US coverage is terrible.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the unrideables are both up on amazon prime right now

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

the paradigm shift posted:

the unrideables are both up on amazon prime right now

a bold plan for Honda to find replacement riders for this weekend, i'll admit

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1285977318335426560?s=20

This is probably just media hype because Honda would be absolutely crazy to let him race and risk their golden boy ending his career with another crash so soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah I don't think even the GP doctors are that stupid. I have no doubt the man himself would want to have a go though.