Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Helsing posted:

This is a great in depth discussion of the book and also Rogan does a good job of getting O'Neill and open up and speculate a bit more regarding some of the implications of what he discovered. I highly recommend this, perhaps more so to anyone who has already read to the end of Chaos.

it’s three hours, what’s the gist of his speculation?

I just read the book and it sounds like oneil was really hoping to directly connect west to manson. personally that’s not as important to me as what the book says about the nature of class power. I came away with the sense that the cia either unleashed or encouraged the spread of amphetamines to break the counterculture. other than that, there’s no “grand conspiracy,” just a highly compartmentalized network of amoral psychopaths doing mengele-level “science” to maintain social control. it’s not so much that west personally programmed the manson family mkultra style, but rather that david smith saw manson as a savant and enabled his crimes, just to see what happened. because hey, what’s the worst that could happen? it’s not like he was disseminating a class analysis

my guess is that roger smith was enough to vouch for him in SF and david smith kept him full of drugs and “participant-observed” his way through the harem while pumping rats full of amphetamines. down in hollywood, reeve whitson partied with all the celebrities to collect blackmail material just in case they ever stopped doing epstein poo poo and stumbled onto communism. he probably got a list of names with manson on it from his handler and his word was enough to keep the lapd off his rear end.

when the whole thing blew up in their faces, everyone closed ranks. there were probably a few weeks when a bunch of administrators and politicians realized they exposed, then Bugliosi came along and offered a way out of analysis paralysis, so they all fell in line, kind of like how everyone made way for Biden after Super Tuesday.

to me this all says that the real danger isn’t so much “men in small rooms,” as it is bourgeois science, which will disregard any ethical and moral restraint to ensure the ruling class is never materially threatened. I’m interested in what the “amphetamine contagions” of our contemporary moment are. I suspect it’s connected to the way we use the Internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Not that any of us are busy right now.

this is true!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
yeah the joe rogan interview is good, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with this information lol

e: I’d forgotten there was a strain of white hollywood celebs who supported the panthers and poo poo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Billionaire Dark Enlightenment prince Peter Thiel, the rear end in a top hat behind Palantir, invested in a psychedelic research startup:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-23/thiel-backs-psychedelic-drug-startup-in-latest-funding-round

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Impkins Patootie posted:

does this book touch upon the CIA's connection to Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple? is there a better book for that??

no I don’t remember seeing anything like that in the book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Can someone post the letter from West to S. Gottlieb where West claims MKULTRA success, from the glossy pages? Epstein-threaders need it and I loaned my copy. My memory is trash, as well. Thank you!

quote:

Sidney Gottlieb, West’s handler at the CIA, wrote to him under the pseudonym Sherman Grifford, using letterhead from “Chemrophyl Associates,” a front company. Their correspondence, which confirms West’s participation in MKULTRA, has never before been published. (Author collection)