Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Decrying rape and demanding the ouster of rapists: dudeish

Supporting a rapist and defending their necessity: feminist I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: at folks sincerely defending Biden

enjoy your political gruel that's all they'll ever give you by choice

He's off the deepend clearly out of his mind. He's a compromise and the DNC can't even do that right because they picked a man born before 1980
There is nothing good that will come out of this.

e:
I say this as a person who excitedly voted for Obama both terms and voted for Hilary in the primary because I thought she was "a compromise with the center"
Compromising makes no one happy, don't compromise your own beliefs for someone else because it just gives people an excuse to shortchange you.
Let them come to you for a change.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 30, 2020

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Watching #metoo/"believe women" neolibs awkwardly try to reconcile that with supporting Biden has been an experience, I'll be honest.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"I respect the Me Too movement but". Never let a pesky rape allegation get in the way of that corporate gravy train.

I have to part ways with most of the USPOL thread on this. I'll never be swayed to vote for Biden on the Tara Reade allegations alone. That's not even getting into the baggage of his extremely lovely four decade record.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"I respect the Me Too movement but". Never let a pesky rape allegation get in the way of that corporate gravy train.

I have to part ways with most of the USPOL thread on this. I'll never be swayed to vote for Biden on the Tara Reade allegations alone. That's not even getting into the baggage of his extremely lovely four decade record.

Yeah. I was able to rationalize voting for Clinton as a vote against Trump but I can't do that again and feel good about myself.

(also, I live in Oklahoma so my vote has never counted in a Presidential election and probably never will, lol)

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Alikchi posted:

(also, I live in Oklahoma so my vote has never counted in a Presidential election and probably never will, lol)

I live in a blue state, so while I want Biden to win over Trump, I wont be voting for him cuz he'll win my state anyways lol

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

:lol: at folks sincerely defending Biden

Literally nobody in this thread is doing this. Find me a single post of anybody saying you should vote for Joe Biden because he's great and is the person we want to be President.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

No, you don’t understand, I wanted Bernie, so my baseless argument that Joe somehow deserves your vote despite being a dementia-addled racist war criminal rapist is somehow different from candace aiston or whoever’s

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

How are u posted:

Literally nobody in this thread is doing this. Find me a single post of anybody saying you should vote for Joe Biden because he's great and is the person we want to be President.

yeah, in all fairness they are pretty insincere in their defense of biden

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

No, you don’t understand, I wanted Bernie, so my baseless argument that Joe somehow deserves your vote despite being a dementia-addled racist war criminal rapist is somehow different from candace aiston or whoever’s

Yes, that would suggest the person is supporting Joe Biden out of desperation and not actual preference for terrible things.

At least people don’t do the “you don’t REALLY support Bernie, bad faith bad faith!” thing that defined this thread for all of 2019.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

i'm honestly worried about biden's brainworms. there can't be much left in there to feast on.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

It is good to vote for rapist war criminal Joe Biden but only if your heart is pure

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

How are u posted:

Not sure why you think the reason they are telling people to vote for Biden matters?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

https://youtu.be/pWa0dZMHYeE

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How are u posted:

I do love the "I will vote for a man I don't want to be president" angle. It's just so...subjugated. Like, the idea that you would tow the party line despite how ever much you claim to hate it is very, very, political power bottom.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Mellow Seas posted:

At least people don’t do the “you don’t REALLY support Bernie, bad faith bad faith!” thing that defined this thread for all of 2019.

People do come into these threads, say really lovely things or commit obvious trolling, and then cover it up with "Actually I'm voting for Bernie, so my neoliberal screeds are actually very woke." That one Jastiger rereg leaps to mind. I know you like to paint people in the thread as paranoid or overreacting, but it's not a stretch to think that someone saying "here's why you should vote for Biden" actually agrees with Biden's policies.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

enjoy your political gruel that's all they'll ever give you by choice

Isn't the whole point that these people want to return to "normalcy" and not have to think about politics ever?

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

How are u posted:

Why is anyone in the thread defending him then? You can’t talk people into being as resigned as you

misadventurous fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 30, 2020

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

misadventurous posted:

Why is anyone in the thread defending him then?

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too. The implication here seems to be that there can be a valid reason to vote for a rapist.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too. The implication here seems to be that there can be a valid reason to vote for a rapist.

Orange man bad! Orange man mean! Orange man rapi...

oops.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If someone hates that it’s come to this and feels they have to vote Biden over Trump, I can’t get mad at that because of how bad Trump is.

At the same time someone refusing to vote for Biden over a legitimate issue like sexual assault I can’t blame either, as it’s a line in the sand I know some people can’t morally cross.

I’d be way more fine if it was a few bad policy things because it’s expected, but this is something divorced from that.

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

Brought to you by NAZCENTBOL GANG

bobjr posted:

If someone hates that it’s come to this and feels they have to vote Biden over Trump, I can’t get mad at that because of how bad Trump is.

At the same time someone refusing to vote for Biden over a legitimate issue like sexual assault I can’t blame either, as it’s a line in the sand I know some people can’t morally cross.

I’d be way more fine if it was a few bad policy things because it’s expected, but this is something divorced from that.

on the other hand it's absolutely ludicrous to scold people who intend to vote for Biden because they're more worried about what Trump will do to reduce access to healthcare than what Biden won't do to expand access to healthcare

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

misadventurous posted:

Why is anyone in the thread defending him then? You can’t talk people into being as resigned as you

I have seen nobody defend Joe Biden. I have seen plenty of people pushing back on the utterly insane claim that Joe Biden is just as bad as, or perhaps worse than, Donald Trump.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
This looks like a pretty meaningful development. Anyone have any more details on what this means for the convention?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/495452-biden-and-sanders-reach-deal-on-delegates-to-national-convention

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

How are u posted:

I have seen nobody defend Joe Biden. I have seen plenty of people pushing back on the utterly insane claim that Joe Biden is just as bad as, or perhaps worse than, Donald Trump.

You're literally defending him right now lmao.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

nivdes posted:

on the other hand it's absolutely ludicrous to scold people who intend to vote for Biden because they're more worried about what Trump will do to reduce access to healthcare than what Biden won't do to expand access to healthcare

Like what?

And, remember, things that Biden has already tried to do, like cutting medicare and medicaid or opposing federal funding for abortions, don't count.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

How are u posted:

What do you think defending someone entails? :thunk:

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

Brought to you by NAZCENTBOL GANG

He ended reimbursements to insurers for deductible and co-pay waivers that were extended to low-income patients, his tax cuts eliminated the insurance penalty (and the DOJ has used that to try to get the entire ACA struck down by the courts), he allowed states to impose work requirements on Medicaid (which realistically means creating more cracks for people to fall into), and more recently he Outflanked the Democrats from the Left by removing anti-discrimination protections for sexual minorities who seek healthcare.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm not defending Joe Biden, I'm defending making him the most powerful person in the world. Totally different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The General Election (and remainder of the primary) thread is up now