Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It really annoys me that he took this long to quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Failed Imagineer posted:

Goodnight you HRT-lovin' , Aetna-loving, Wallace and Gromit-rear end bald turd.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1223239558613127170?s=20

So do this people think if they keep screaming "black people hate bernard!!!!!1!!" it will come true?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
the hoarse sure doesnt like democracy when the voters dont agree with him

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Horse and his ilk are going to keep shouting their absurd articles of faith until the day they die. Best to just laugh at them and move on.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sir Tonk posted:

the hoarse the self-described Americal Liberal sure doesnt like democracy when the voters dont agree with him them

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

His support is majority POC jesus christ.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Where are these polls that show Bernie struggling against Trump head to head?

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Here’s a very bad new poll to balance out that NBC one

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1223240762466455552?s=20

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I'm gonna ignore the positive and the negative and pray on bended knee for Iowa to do the Bernie thing.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Where are these polls that show Bernie struggling against Trump head to head?

They don't exist. Someone posted a tweet yesterday showing Sanders leading Trump by ~10 points among independents in 4 recent national polls. Trump won them by 4

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I'm sure you can find a poll that says Trump 60/Bernie 40 and the exact other way round. It's way way way to early to say much sensible about the GE in terms of polling.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Biden performs best in most head to heads.
Sanders is typically 1-2 behind him.
Warren and Pete get completely crushed.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

The poll was taken by Center for the Political Future, which is a centrist/rightwing thinktank whose director is Mike Murphy, a former republican presidential hopeful. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

They also poll the exact same people they did back in October, saying they were trying to look for changes in peoples preference.

Ghetto SuperCzar fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 31, 2020

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

The poll was taken by Center for the Political Future, which is a centrist/rightwing thinktank whose director is Mike Murphy, a former republican presidential hopeful. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

They also poll the exact same people they did back in October, saying they were trying to look for changes in peoples preference.

Oh is that the same poll from 2016 that managed to find one random black Trump supporter that made up like 1/3 of their black sample and way overstated the black support for Trump?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm sorta expecting Pete "Bread Prices" Buttigieg to have a surprisingly strong finish in Iowa, maybe even climbing into second place at Biden's expense, and getting a bounce from that to become competitive going forward (again, at Biden's expense). Either that or he gets owned in Iowa and drops out before Super Tuesday. But I wouldn't be too surprised if he got a small bounce and gets to hang in there a while longer picking up disaffected Biden supporters.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Oh is that the same poll from 2016 that managed to find one random black Trump supporter that made up like 1/3 of their black sample and way overstated the black support for Trump?

Yes that's the one. People kept dropping out of participating. It was a combination of one dude's education, age and race

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
This impeachment thing has me more depressed than I thought it would. The good news is that we get another selzer poll tomorrow, the Chiefs win the super bowl on Sunday and then Bernie snags 50% or more of Iowa delegates on Monday

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

oxsnard posted:

This impeachment thing has me more depressed than I thought it would. The good news is that we get another selzer poll tomorrow, the Chiefs win the super bowl on Sunday and then Bernie snags 50% or more of Iowa delegates on Monday

I've decided not to really pay any attention to the impeachment trial. We knew going in that the Republicans have decided that Trump is above the law and there was never even the smallest chance of a real trial happening. Watching it unfold won't help anything.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

oxsnard posted:

its going to work out in the end, the press will continue to report on leaks about how trump was lying about the whole thing for the rest of the election

the foxnews crowd is only so large, trump going on about how he was proven innocent will only work so well as stories continue to come out proving him wrong.

Harrow posted:

I've decided not to really pay any attention to the impeachment trial. We knew going in that the Republicans have decided that Trump is above the law and there was never even the smallest chance of a real trial happening. Watching it unfold won't help anything.

and this as well, anyone paying attention to politics at all knew this was a sham from day one

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Here have another good poll:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1223253238046187522?s=20

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

oxsnard posted:

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1223239558613127170?s=20

So do this people think if they keep screaming "black people hate bernard!!!!!1!!" it will come true?

Lol he loving blocked me. I relied to him once or twice in the past but never swearing or insulting him or anything, I think he blocked me for liking a Jack Allison tweet if I had to guess

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
He's blocked everyone, there are zero replies calling him out

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
4 national polls out today

Sanders +1
Biden +7
Biden +16
Tie

These sound... hosed up.
Average is Biden +5.5

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Sanders +1
Biden +7
Biden +16
Tie

These sound... hosed up.
Average is Biden +5.5

National polls are mostly meaningless in a primary. Clinton was leading Obama nationally by 8.5 at this point.

Democratic Hawks Declare War on Bernie Sanders
Maybe they'll win one for a change.

quote:

The Democratic foreign policy establishment has mobilized against only one presidential candidate in this primary, and it’s because he is the only one who would shut them out of his administration.

The New York Times’ Nick Confessore recently said, “There is no such thing as a Democratic establishment.” (He later clarified, sort of, saying that there is one, but that it is “semi-disorganized” and largely ineffective.) Then, as if he wanted to prove Confessore wrong, Tom Perez, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, released his nominees for the 2020 Democratic National Convention committees. The lists are stacked with industry insiders and lobbyists, consultants, and people who sit on the boards of many of the same health insurance and pharmaceutical companies that the most progressive Democratic campaigns have promised to rein in or even to regulate out of existence. These people will manage the convention and help determine its platform. But what they’re really doing is jockeying for a position in the next administration—either for themselves or on behalf of their businesses and corporate clients.

One member of the platform committee is Meghan Stabler, an e-commerce executive and longtime LGBT activist—who also happens to sit (as The Washington Post’s Dave Weigel noticed) on the board of Democratic Majority for Israel. Perez had, in other words, asked someone involved in a dark money group that is currently funding attack ads against one of the Democratic frontrunners to help craft the party’s platform.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156374/democratic-hawks-declare-war-bernie-sanders

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Somehow I'm not blocked by the horse despite having insulted him repeatedly in his mentions over the last month or so. Guess I need to try harder.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Harrow posted:

Somehow I'm not blocked by the horse despite having insulted him repeatedly in his mentions over the last month or so. Guess I need to try harder.

Just say the words "Michael Goodnough"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

If he hasn't blocked you he probably muted you. Before I was banned he made a big show of muting me when I dunked on him. Which y'know kinda defeats the purpose of muting someone.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Groovelord Neato posted:

National polls are mostly meaningless in a primary. Clinton was leading Obama nationally by 8.5 at this point.

Democratic Hawks Declare War on Bernie Sanders
Maybe they'll win one for a change.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156374/democratic-hawks-declare-war-bernie-sanders

quote:

He later clarified, sort of, saying that there is one, but that it is “semi-disorganized” and largely ineffective.

Hey someone in the establishment was right for once!

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I’m starting to wonder if Bernie has been front runner all along and the polls have been misrepresenting it to give Biden as much of an artificial lead as possible.

Recall that Hilary was topping the polls until election of Donald Trump.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

To think just a few months ago a pollster had to issue an apology because they showed Bernie winning, and now they're all doing it! Shameless.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Warren announces all her potential cabinet picks must wear the Sorting Hat and only Gryffindors will be selected.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I wouldn't get too hyped over Iowa being a slam dunk. Biden appeals to old white centrists and Iowa has those in spades.

But yeah, at this point you're hoping that the polls aren't indicative of the surge of youth turnout that'll take place there.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Biden winning the primary is more of a nail in the coffin than this impeachment trial. We've completely failed as a nation if Joe loving Biden is the best we can do.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Sydin posted:

I wouldn't get too hyped over Iowa being a slam dunk. Biden appeals to old white centrists and Iowa has those in spades.

But yeah, at this point you're hoping that the polls aren't indicative of the surge of youth turnout that'll take place there.

Yeah, it's yet another way that Old White People™ have a way outsized voice in things. They really need to have a state or set of states that actually represents the US population go first every year.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Isn’t hoarse a Goon? I could have sworn I saw them post here once but I might be imagining it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lumpy posted:

Yeah, it's yet another way that Old White People™ have a way outsized voice in things. They really need to have a state or set of states that actually represents the US population go first every year.

I'm not going to know if I agree with this until Monday night

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1221154306352721921
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1221236166726496259

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spiffster posted:

Isn’t hoarse a Goon? I could have sworn I saw them post here once but I might be imagining it

At one point.

Basically anyone with a dry sense of humor in their mid thirties on up was at one point a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Sanders +1
Biden +7
Biden +16
Tie

These sound... hosed up.