Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

KUNG

POW

PEN

IS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

nelson posted:

Are they registered as Democrats? My biggest fear for Sanders is a good number of people who would support him won’t be able to vote in the primary because they aren’t registered (or if they are registered didn’t check the Democratic Party box).

Some states let you declare or change your registration at the door.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mat Cauthon posted:

Warren's cash on hand seems low for this early in the primary.

https://twitter.com/GingerGibson/status/1223405445890658304?s=19

I don’t get the arguments that she’s Hilary-like. She’s an almost painfully earnest dork. She tried to knife Sanders but fumbled it badly because she’s such a dope. She’s bad, but stuff like the credit card benefit have powerful coupon-clipping mom energy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I understand money pigs now. I am Bernie’s money pig.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But have you considered gently caress Hilary Clinton?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How could anyone like Hilary Clinton? It’s like people who like marmite or condensed milk because they’ve never been allowed anything else.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I would be devastated if the butt took iowa or new hampshire. Is he really doing that well? I want him to lose almost as badly as I want bernie to win.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Am I paranoid for immediately suspecting that this was a staged bit?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Imagine thinking John Kerry has a personality or beliefs.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who could be undecided at this point?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

oxsnard posted:

That woman is melting the gently caress down in my mentions now. I'm waiting for her to cite some phrenology for this circle to complete before I block her

When people believe in something, they take it as an attack on them to be proven wrong or even disagreed with. The number of secular and even liberal Jews who turn into race scientists and embrace genocide whenever the occupation comes up really shows how vulnerable to that tendency we all are.

I don’t know how to counter it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The only specific instance cited in the thread is from three weeks ago. Seems like panicky bullshit but yeah do check to see that you have accurate information.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

I echo what others said about this poll probably being really bad for Mayo Pete. It’s only a matter of time before his voters consolidate behind Biden, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that swing had already begun.

Nothing would make me happier, but no other polls have suggested this.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Imagine not instantly despising that loving rat face and those dead psychopath eyes. What could drive someone to love mayonnaise?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trump is getting better at comedy and it’s making the left nervous. That’s the first actual joke he’s managed in the last three years, isn’t it?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There has to be a better metaphor for this. It’s liberals who ally with fascists.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pingui posted:

Barring that I feel like I'm talking to a wizard describing the dark arts, that sounds like the exact scenario I was afraid of: every single college student could show up to vote, but if Bernie was already set to win all the delegates in those precincts it wouldn't change anything :derp: I suppose the upside is that this would probably hit Warren a lot worse, and if Bernie support had any particular precincts shoot up in 2016 that would be factored in.

College students probably wouldn’t show up anyway, as you can only go to the caucus location at which you’re registered. They’d all be turned away unless they drove back to their family homes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He’s just in this for the sex with volunteers, isn’t he?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Getting a lot of questions already answered by my “not doomed” tshirt.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Hmmm I was told this was fake news.

These changes were announced weeks ago and are mentioned in the initial freakout thread as reasons to calm the dude down. They’re repeating information on the day of to be sure that everyone knows.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

there was actually at least one day-of change though, because the school has a gas leak and won't allow the caucus

Hilary spotted lurking outside the school in a back-and-white striped shirt and domino mask, holding a large wrench and laughing while twirling a black stick-on mustache.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Klobmentum strikes the Sorbonne!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gyges posted:

I believe all the satellite caucus results get merged together and turned into one precinct. So Biden and the Klob placing well at one in Florida will be drowned out by the other locations who are attended by rational people.

Unless there are 10 people each in Glasgow and Paris and 100 in Florida. There are also sites in New York and Stanford and other places that will hopefully outnumber them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Klobmentum is real?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

New Ben Garrison cartoon tomorrow:

Klobuchar dressed as rocky with enormous breasts, punching Biden’s head clear off his body while shouting “it’s Klob Erin’ time!” as a shocked Hilary with a vulture’s body looks on. Lady Liberty cries tears of joy and Trump sits in the audience with small hearts for pupils.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How I feel right now must be how the rest of the world feels every time the U.S.A. elects a president.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zotix posted:

I'll be surprised if the youth turn out this election at all. I've the past few years I've added a lot of the 18-25 year olds to social media that I've worked with after I moved to the next job)hotel management) and I don't recall once over the past year that any of them have made a remark about politics nothing for mueller, nothing for Impeachment. You can make the argument that people don't want to see it on social media, but I see it all the time, just not from that age group.

I don’t care about those things either because they don’t matter. The youth care about climate change and healthcare and real wages. I care about those things too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Oh poo poo that’s Biden.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Condiv posted:

calibanibal is a gimmick poster. you fell for his gimmick

What are they mod of? I had them blocked ages ago but couldn’t block anyone else until I removed them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

How the YangGang is reacting:

Strong mass-shooter energy from the Yang gang lately.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What is the basis for the argument that Mayo Pete has no path beyond Iowa? New Hampshire and Nevada are extremely white.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

I wonder if this whole mess will encourage other states to try and start earlier caucuses to steal Iowa's fire.

Given the skewed demographics of Iowa and its absurd caucus system it's time we had another state take the mantle of "first primary". Iowa should not be this important.

National ranked-choice voting by mail. Everyone gets between February and May to mail their ballots.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

warcraft_boyfriend_99 posted:

Shits getting way too crazy. Relax while we still have an hour or 2...heres a hot take from shoeonhead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46iY7F4LXeU

Get this nazi bitch out of here. I don’t care if she’s pivoting to strasserism for a red-brown creep strat.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I admit I am not familiar with her before the last year or so but she sure as hell isn't alt right. (although to be fair, I am a fan of count dankula who is also considered such and has similar views). I have been told that her older videos are not exactly progressive, but its obvious that her opinions and platform have changed since then. I am cool with people changing and growing.

It is entryism. She is married to another nazi and both of them are Canadian and can’t vote in US elections. She’s trying to peel twitter teens away from the left by lovebombing them with something they like.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Marxalot posted:

Generic grifter with no morals or guiding ideology probably.

Idk this nerd outside of "discount alt right boxxy"

I can definitely believe that she is a huge racist.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Damnit, I have to respond to this. You hit the nail on the head - but I do want to say IT USED TO WORK. We live in a different world though now, and I am probably too clueless and naive to see the virtue signaling or whatever they are doing. Its so easy for someone to jump on the internet and have 1000's of people reinforce their beliefs. When I was growing up, you really could talk people out of that poo poo though... they did it because they were alone, had no self esteem, no friends. Those groups fed on it. Just talking to someone and including them, making them feel like a human being was enough and pretty quickly they would change their own minds. That probably doesn't happen on the internet.

With her, it’s 100% an act to lure people mad about Bernie’s treatment to listen to her pitch about how (((they))) are the ones responsible for the rigged system and boy democracy doesn’t work but hey, have you ever heard about this cool guy—the Bernie of his day in many ways—who came up with an alternative to democracy that really works?

It’s an easy trick to pull on people who are feeling alienated and can be talked out of it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

I’ve been demoralized by Iowa. I thought we had it in the bag.
Not sure what to do now. It feels like NH is gonna go to Pete too. Need something positive to hang onto.

Make it happen by phoning and texting. Chase hopelessness away by talking to people in New Hampshire. Force yourself and the experience will make you less miserable.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

dex_sda posted:

Awesome democracy you guys have lmfao

This is beyond the pale. You'd be sending the tanks in if this was happening in South America.

To install Mayo Pete and deliver Bernie to the nazi insurgency we’ve been secretly funding for years, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Do we know if any of this has helped Mayo Pete in New Hampshire?

Even if he’s picking up fleeing Biden voters, it’s bad if the libs start consolidating, isn’t it?