Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

The poll was taken by Center for the Political Future, which is a centrist/rightwing thinktank whose director is Mike Murphy, a former republican presidential hopeful. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

They also poll the exact same people they did back in October, saying they were trying to look for changes in peoples preference.

Oh is that the same poll from 2016 that managed to find one random black Trump supporter that made up like 1/3 of their black sample and way overstated the black support for Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Vox Nihili posted:

Perez trying to get out in front of the ratfuck story.

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/1223386600555646979

Sure would be a lot more convincing if they hadn't within the last 24 hours changed their rules to let the billionaire into the debates after vociferously denying calls to change the rules to allow a climate debate, a poverty debate, or to ensure diversity on the debate stage.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

VitalSigns posted:

ah but we have no way of knowing this was the reason, there was no explicit quid pro quo, maybe they would have done it anyway and he gave them the money just to be nice etc etc

Chief Justice John Roberts??

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Kind of sounds like the WFP all over again. "We randomly conducted a secret poll and... hmm, the numbers? Don't worry about it."

And I vaguely recall Biden holding a big union rally several months back (feels like years ago) and the only people who showed up were presidents and other top brass. The membership knows who their candidate is.

That sounds like every primary poll where even when Sanders has the most support Biden still holds on to his electability advantage.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
https://twitter.com/davecatanese/status/1224092923878350848

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1224106024208039936

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1224105741386158080

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

pepsi lover posted:

Do you guys think there's any chance of a VP slot or cabinet position for mike gravel?

No, he doesn't give a poo poo. He's retired and just let the Gravel teens use his name.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
*year 6 of the sanders administration*

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1224173175958839296

"We finally got him guys."

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

oxsnard posted:

I think the surprise tomorrow will be Yang and Sanders turnout. Hopefully Yang gangers go to team Bernie.

Sanders walks away with 60% of delegates

Followed by Bernie getting 100% of NH apparently

https://twitter.com/politics_polls/status/1224182140881031168?s=21

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
What's the best TV coverage for this tonight? Turned on CNN for five seconds and saw them interview 3 white women named Karen who were all caucusing for Pete and immediately turned it off.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Seems weird for them to release "entrance polls" that are going to change as the night goes on. They can't possibly be as accurate as exit polls.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1224497199142309889

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
keep telling myself that individual precinct numbers coming out dont matter

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Lol when even CNN and the Nates can't defend this "quality control" narrative you know we're getting ratfucked

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

So what happens if Buttigieg wins and Sanders gets second?

Joe Biden's campaign dies and they try to act like it's a fatal blow to Bernie.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Does this mean we get to coup the Iowa Democratic Party? This poo poo is more illegitimate than the bolivian election.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Like honestly just cancel the Iowa caucus at this point.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

hitze posted:

Dude took wayyyyyyyyy too long to respond to the person on the other line

Was too busy sucking up to Wolf to take one second to respond on the other phone.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
they literally could have just had a google doc for this poo poo lmao

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
They literally could have personally driven every single precinct chair to Des Moines to hand deliver the vote tallies and have the results out by now.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Butt declaring victory

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
It's honestly incredible that the DNC hasn't said anything about this situation yet.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

theflyingorc posted:

The app that isn't working and nobody can use is going to change the results

It didn't change results it just made it impossible for them to declare a victor, which lets Biden skate on getting crushed, lets Pete declare victory with no numbers released, and casts doubt on the ultimate results when it comes out that Bernie won.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
https://twitter.com/David_Feldman_/status/1224577911887421440

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

The fact that they aren't working through the night to get results out ASAP is incredibly telling.

"Oh dear me this is going to take a while, anyways goodnight. We'll see you about state of the union o'clock."

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Starting to think that Bloomberg is the real threat. He’s already shot up to like 15% national support in 2 months. He’s just announced he’s doubling his ad buys and his bringing his staff up to 2100 staffers, which is more than double Bernie. He has an endless supply of money. By not being part of this endless process up until recently he’s basically avoided all national scrutiny. And we’ve already seen the MSNBCNN types will stand up to defend him from perfectly reasonable attacks from the left.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Junior G-man posted:

Probably they're handcounting ballot papers.

There’s only 200,000 or so. They should have been able to count them like 6 times by now.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
They 100% milked the numbers to be able to show a Butt lead and get all of the headlines for him tonight. They’re going to slow play the rest of the results until after NH in the name of investigating “discrepancies” and eventually quietly announce Bernie won.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
If the full Iowa results are out before Friday I’ll eat my hat.

No this is not a toxx.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Sanguinia posted:

Even by USPOL standards this thread is some depressing poo poo, you guys have real talent for making the world's future seem utterly without hope.

the planet is literally on fire and we're not just not slowing down we're mashing the accelerator but sure yeah everything's fine

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Pollyanna posted:

So we just get to eat poo poo and watch the needle do absolutely nothing for ?? hours?

Seriously. When the gently caress are we getting new results added?

Like I can accept that when an election happens results trickle in as precincts report. I can accept that after their massive fuckups they only had 62% confirmed by 4 PM. But why the hell are they not getting us regular updated numbers as they confirm more numbers?

The only answer I can think of is they want to have the impression of a Pete victory for as long as possible.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Lol the only story that makes sense at this point is massive fuckups in the 1st ballot > 2nd ballot -> delegates process. If this was just about verifying the votes that should have been done by like noon today even if everyone had to personally walk the results from their precinct to Des Moines.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Wicked Them Beats posted:

The NYT is telling me that "the candidate with the most state delegate equivalents has traditionally been the winner of the Iowa caucuses." Is that true? I guess maybe since there's never really been an official popular vote count before?

I believe so, but that's because they didn't release the vote totals before. That was one of the concessions Bernie won after 2016.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

sexpig by night posted:

if that little rat bitch breaks 15 because of this I'm gonna be mad

Eh, one of the centrists was always going to break 15%. If Bernie is nearly doubling them up he will still get the lion's share of the delegates and more importantly the narrative. And it will kill Biden before NV/SC and Mayo Pete won't be getting much of the black/latino vote at all.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Where the gently caress are our updates? Weren't we promised one at 8 PM and then later changed to 10 PM?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Lemming posted:

There is no possible explanation for us not having any more results by now other than they are intentionally ratfucking Bernie and trying to steal the nomination from him

For sure. And they're going to sit back and do jack poo poo for the next couple days as the State of the Union and the Impeachment Acquittal dominate the news cycle and nobody in the MSM even mentions we're still waiting on 40 percent of the vote still in Iowa.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

oxsnard posted:

Relax y'all the delegate count is minimal, the media was gonna pump buttman even if he came in a clear second place.

NV is going to Sanders and perhaps SC too

At this point it doesn't really matter, but if we can just get an unequivocal Bernie win in all categories it is obviously the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

reignonyourparade posted:

It doesn't actually appear to even be the ACTUAL state delegate equivalent numbers? There's no fractional state delegates, there's supposed to be some rounding formula right? But instead it looks like they're just adding everything up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BGEALhrb38