Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Me n the boys are definitely driving up to Milwaukee ready to get rowdy if Sanders only has a plurality. If they ratfuck him it’d mean the death of the party and total annihilation downballot. Not only are they not competent enough, they don’t have the stones to do it. I’m not worried about it at all and you shouldn’t be either.

We haven’t even hit Super Tuesday yet and already the knees are bending. By the time we get there the demand that Sanders get the nomination will be overwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The fact that Pelosi outright said she’s not worried about Bernie hurting down ballot chances and would rally around the nominee says a lot.

Yeah exactly — the worst, most entrenched elements of the establishment are ALREADY signaling that they don’t want this fight (they still need to be totally purged though)

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

it's extremely funny to me that people can look at Joe Biden's entire career then text 330303 to joe dot com then run back here and tell us about how Joe'll save the courts and pass HR1 and the GND and card check and whatever the gently caress else because gosh darnit it's on his website!! No politician would ever lie about a thing on his website!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

Even under the most cynical view, card check and HR1 benefit Democratic politicians so yeah, they have every reason to pass it.

I'm sorry you got hit on the head with a big ole frying pan and forgot everything that happened before 2016

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

But most Democrats have not only decided they can live with most of the party, they actually like being Democrats.

This is really funny too and shouldn't be lost in all of the Just Posting.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

if Biden is elected every single lib is gonna dust their hands off and declare that the Great Orange Menace is defeated and dip back to brunch and politics is going to return to being a thing only cranks care about and we're going to be even more insanely hosed than we are now

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I'm willing to bet evilweasel and yronic heroism and their friends don't actually engage with any sort of political struggle beyond Owning Bernie Bros Online and a Biden presidency is, at best, going to get them to halfheartedly defend the status quo for the next 4-8 years while the blue team continues to gut the economy and wreck the environment and - maybe most importantly - batten down the establishment hatches so any Bernie v2.0s that are hiding out there can't come nearly as close as he did.

They'll pop back up to tell us we have to vote for Bloomberg in 2024 or 2028 so we don't get president Tom Cotton or Eyepatch Dan or Eric Trump or whatever the gently caress.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

HRC as VP would be absolutely, 100% the funniest loving thing ever to happen and I am here clap for clap it clap

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

your whole post is just absolutely dogshit but this:

evilweasel posted:

...out of rage that their candidate did not win a fair primary that was held under rules he basically wrote

hoo buddy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Pick posted:

They're talking about delegate rules which were basically what Sanders asked for

"fair primary"

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

uhhhh, guys? All this talk of not wanting to line up behind a rapist? Uh, yeah, seems a little dudeish to me! That’s the tea, sis!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Nobody likes Joe and nobody is excited to vote for him. There's no scenario in which this doesn't lead to massively reduced voter turnout.

Every republican loves Trump (even the ones who write long op-eds about how he's so boorish and vulgar are absolutely going to vote for him) and he consistently draws stadium crowds to hear him prattle on about Graydon Carter or whatever because it Owns The Libs. We're six months out and I can't tell you how many cars I've seen driving around flying those big TRUMP/PENCE 2020 flags in my quiet Chicago suburb. They're already insanely pumped to vote for their guy and we're still seven months out, and those months are going to be filled with no-holds-barred Trump ads about Joe's dementia, raping, Chinese billionaires giving Hunter diamonds, warmongering, racism, etc. etc. etc. which is only going to serve to depress Joe's turnout more. No scandal will ever scratch Trump, as we've seen over and over and over, so he's essentially impervious to any of this stuff. You're also kidding yourself if you think conservative voters are going to blame him for anything related to covid.

I mean maybe enough old fuckers die that Trump just can't make up the numbers, but I doubt it. I think, more likely, we get the second spike of covid around voting day and the sensible dems who would hold their nose and vote for Joe don't risk it, while every MAGA lawnmower dad happily drags his rear end to the voting booth thanks to Lib Owning and Fake News Virus -- so not only do we get another 4 years of Trump but we get a (another!) downballot massacre.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I'll also throw my anecdotes into the pile but I share EHF's experiences of "normal" people being massively and uniformly unenthusiastic about Biden, to the point where they've expressed -- in the middle of a mishandled pandemic seven months away from voting day -- that they won't vote for Joe. My organizing is, of course, on the liberal to left spectrum so this isn't that surprising, but also at my job and with my family, both largely older white suburban homeowning lib groups who should be Joe's bread and butter.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

When people had a chance to express that preference in primaries, they went for Biden by a large number. He even had higher favorability numbers than Bernie.

At some point people have to accept the numbers we have. And it’s not all sneaky DNC manipulation. Bernie lost every single county in Michigan after beating Hillary there in 2016. There is clearly something some people like about Biden and don’t like about Bernie.

ah right, forgot about famously popular candidate joe biden who did so well before absolutely no one didn't call in a fix of any sort

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

No, you don’t understand, I wanted Bernie, so my baseless argument that Joe somehow deserves your vote despite being a dementia-addled racist war criminal rapist is somehow different from candace aiston or whoever’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

It is good to vote for rapist war criminal Joe Biden but only if your heart is pure