Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Another 50 bux for the sanders to get help in Iowa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

What I'm really afraid of is the moment after Bernie wins when he's expected to bring the staff of his goes on board. Obama did it with Hillary's people and that's when poo poo went bad.

I imagine he's ready to hire from within his grass roots movement. Have to fire like everyone leftover from trump anyways.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Dante80 posted:

Btw...that is supposed to be a smear. lol

Ono we must all change our votes so we don't get the guy offering.... things we want! Checks out.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

If it's not a conspiracy, it's absolute incompetence of the highest order.

I'm pretty anti conspiracy but when the incompetence only happens in one persons favor and one persons detriment I mean cmon.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Maybe if we recanvas until the heath death of the universe Bernie will not win.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
I'm kind of super pissed that we're probably going to be waiting weeks to get that last 4% and who knows what fuckery they're going to do with results on this recount.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

kidkissinger posted:

nah, bernie said it best, he won. let's move on.

Except for the optics of Butt winning for days and you can see the polls giving him a huge boost on that unfairly.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Sydin posted:

Ironically for all her talk of our need for unity the best possible thing Warren could do right now is acknowledge she doesn't have a path to the nomination outside of blatant convention rigging that would tear the party apart, and drop out to endorse Sanders. While there would inevitably some #NeverBernie folks who would migrate to Klob or something, the vast majority of her base would nod and move on to Sanders.

With how she acts I expect she will endorse the Butt

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

The DNC is so loving dumb.

If they somehow succeed in ratfucking Bernie, they not only hand the election to Trump, they alienate millions of people for the foreseeable future.

If they don't succeed, they're humiliated by all parties and their heads are on the block.

I don't think it's as simple as greed or self-interest either, they are so loving dumb and bubbled off from the reality of the masses of people they are supposed to support. They think this a good idea.

Only if you ignore the fact vast majority of them is fine with trump over Bernie.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Dr Pepper or Root Beer is the Bernie sanders choice. So says I random guy.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

I think Trump could take this plan a step further. One of Bernie's big things is that he can cancel student debt Day 1 with a single executive order.

Trump could just sign that order himself and take a fair amount of wind out of Bernie's sails.

You're forgetting trump just talks about populist ideas. Actually doing them is never going to happen.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Scooter_McCabe posted:

So how will Bernie Sanders getting elected suddenly make the house and senate flip to pumping out his polices? Also how does he deal with Mitch McConnell killing every bill he can?

It doesn't but it gives him a position to attack every D and R from the left constantly if they don't assist him. Imagine trump rally's in your state except by Bernie telling everyone to harass their state senators and make them miserable or vote them out. Unlike other candidates he will actually us his position to keep pushing left instead of seeing resistance and immediately caving.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

She knows she's lost, she's staying in so she can pledge any delegates she gets for Bernie.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've had a conversation and he's offered her a cabinet position in return for staying in, and endorsing him in order to win a majority at the convention. It's the best possible way for them to win against a centrist coalition if they all rally behind Pete.

Remember, the odds show that Bernie probably isn't going to win a majority on his own. He needs allies, and Warren is in the best position to offer him a majority win.

It's cute you think she'll do anything for Bernie and not random centrist candidate.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Whats the discord link again?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Does klob have any better minority support then butt?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

skeleton warrior posted:

Because Bernie’s not going to give you Bernie’s good policies either

This is a bullshit argument people keep making to vote for the candidate who doesn't even offer good things.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Heavy neutrino posted:

I regret to inform you that Bernie Sanders actually lost New Hampshire to the Moderazord

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1227756782849794048

So stupid too since like peoples second choices don't line up with moderate or not, just who they think will win.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Early Vote for Bernie has been cast in North Carolina

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I always ignored complaints about the so-called "Bernie Bros", but this photograph is concerning

To be better the trump one should be robotic looking and the bernie one should look ghostly since it's fake and all.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Just noticed something:
https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1230129914772369408

Bloomberg hasn't gained in YouGov's poll since last week. Sounds like he doesn't really have momentum on his side, I think a bad debate kills him.

Wonder if we'll get anti bernie circle and bloombergs failed support will go back to Biden. Then they can rise and fall forever and ever and ever and ever until the guillotines.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
When should we start seeing results tomorrow?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Amazing how after everyone laughed how the vandalism before was no damage nonsense? And now it's bigger?

Hey someone should call the police for them so this gets investigated and we can watch Bloomberg people get in trouble.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Gatts posted:

Exactly. I actually like to have a functional nation and healthy society. If these capitalistic fuckwits had half a brain they’d know people with disposable income and being healthy will drive the economy and improve productivity to soothe their evil outlook on life

I think they just want serfs. Healthy economy isn't as fun as indentured servants!

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

gently caress it must be nice to live in a world where politics has no effect on them.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
No early results showing voting age? Thats really only telling thing.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
So who are steyer voters second choice? Even enough of them to swing a percent here or there in any states?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

spouse posted:

Polling has been very tight, and I can say for my local precincts, turnout is way up.

I'm not counting on it, but I've got high high hopes for a living.

we are NOT SC. Lotta Bernie love here.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
I don't see how Bernie losses Texas, he's winning polls and will probably over perform due to Latino's liking him hopefully.

As far as others dropping out good. hard to rat gently caress when there is only two people running and there is one clear winner. I think a lot of people are right pointing out SC was special for Biden, its one of the few places endorsements REALLY matter over ground game because the ground game already existed in the Southern Churches. I don't believe many other Southern states are very much like SC in that regard.

Warren is definitely trying to skim Votes from Bernie, but she's probably doing just a few more from Biden really and Bloomberg ONLY takes votes from Biden.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
damnit beaten.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Why exactly did he not get on ballots for first 4 states anyways?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

This is a good thing right? I see Bloomberg splitting way more voters away from Biden than Sanders.

Its very good. I think secondary choices on polls for Bloomberg voters was Biden mostly. (plus he'll mostly take some points from Biden and not any actual delegates)

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/super-tuesday/

these guys seem to be a bit faster.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
As an Avid Bernie supporter there is 0 reason to vote trump, it's insane to think otherwise. If Biden winning pisses you off so much go vote down tickets and skip president but never vote trump.

Also while I hope Bernie can catch up in delegates to maybe edge out Biden or at least be able to push party a bit more left again I can't imagine Biden losing and both him and Bernie probably have same shot of taking senate back. I mean we've seen everything is apparently about peoples gut feelings on their candidates and people still hate trump and want to vote blindly for a D. The debates will be insane but I don't think poo poo even matters for peoples actual opinions anymore once it's their team vs other team.

*also no one seems to be as unpopular as Hillary was/is. Like no one, man people hate her.

Draynar fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 4, 2020

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Ciprian Maricon posted:

You actually do have a choice, you can stay home. The Democrats are never giving you anything, and why would they? They don't have to make any compromise to win your vote.

If you don't vote down tickets you deserve the gulag you'll get.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

But on Friday, Biden was widely considered to be a joke. Biden had 1 weekday of positive news. If that was enough to win a state like MA with no organization or campaigning, or win a state like Texas where a lot of early vote was banked before he won a state, then maybe Bernie is a lot weaker than we thought. Bernie had the organization and the money, and won 3 of the first 5 states. A Clyburn endorsement, with barely any time for Biden to bask in his SC victory shouldn't be enough to result in this.

I mean after seeing all this go down. I think a lot of 2016 was people hate Hillary more then love Bernie. They love his policies stupidly enough but think he can't win.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

bobjr posted:

Does Biden 2020 have a slogan yet?

I think it's that no malarkey thing? God it's so bad lol.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Can always hope for the dream of warren dropping and Bloomberg insisting to stay in. That'd be pretty amazing. (OR if they both drop Warren endorsing Bernie) but realistically probably be reverse of that cause gently caress everything.

Kind of odd next debate is so far away which sucks as Bernie vs Biden alone might actually possibly help going forward.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

That poo poo was republicans. Democrats do in fact want to increase access to voting for the most part as it helps them.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Flayer posted:

The delegate gap might look small between Biden and Sanders but realistically whatever the state of play is at the end of Super Tuesday is not going to change much. There is no conceivable way Sanders comes back to take a delegate lead outside of wildcard theories (Biden catches Covid-19!). It's real sad. Sanders has to hang in there just case something does come out of left field but the future now is a slow trundle towards a Democratic convention where Biden has a smallish lead but the super delegates split hard for him.

You know whats scary is with how poo poo's going with covid it's possible all our leadership catches it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

if the argument is "we must put biden forward because otherwise we'll alienate the centrist vote" the corollary to that is "we must put bernie forward because otherwise we'll alienate the leftist vote". the double standard of holding the former position without accepting the latter is what's so galling in all of this

We would have seen people doing that with Bernie in lead as well, just me and this thread would have enjoyed it a lot more to watch the rear end in a top hat centrist claim they won't vote for him so we can tell them to vote blue.